This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2nd Doctor

Now I haven't seen too many of his eps, but what do people think about either Patrick Thronton and his performance or the Doctor himself.
    Last edited by creed462; 23 September 2005, 09:33 PM.
    Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

I like him, he's one of my favorites. I love his playful attitude and yet he's always got some sceme going. Plus he's got Jamie, which is a big boost for me!
    "There's no point in growing up if you can't be childish sometimes." ~Doctor Who, Robot~

SGA Fanfiction

Comment

Originally posted by creed462
      Now I haven't seen too many of his eps, but what do people think about either Peter Thronton and his performance or the Doctor himself.
      You must mean Patrick Troughton, right?

I'll assume that's what you meant. When William Hartnell left, they gambled and brought in a completely different actor, introducing a concept to the series that would ensure its longevity.

Patrick Troughton's performance saved the series. After viewing all extant episodes, I was deeply impressed with his ad-libs. He and Frazier Hines (Jamie) often improvised changes to the scenes and always had fun on the set which showed in their performance. They were a classic comic duo.

There was something very reassuring about his character. As a kid, you felt safe watching his stories. One day, I'd like to show them to my niece and nephew.

What episodes of his have you folks seen?

Comment

Sorry about the wrong name, I corrected It. thanks

Comment

I always though it was neat the unique pair that Jamie and the doctor made.

Comment

I adored Patrick Troughton. He was my dads favourite Doctor, and from an early age he drilled into me he was the 'best' Doctor. Whilst not my favourite, I have a huge soft spot for him, probably because he reminds me of my dad.

I've not seen all of his episodes but I love Tomb of the Cybermen, then again I am a Cybermen 'fangurl', so I might be biased.

Comment

Originally posted by Egeria
              I adored Patrick Troughton. He was my dads favourite Doctor, and from an early age he drilled into me he was the 'best' Doctor. Whilst not my favourite, I have a huge soft spot for him, probably because he reminds me of my dad.

I've not seen all of his episodes but I love Tomb of the Cybermen, then again I am a Cybermen 'fangurl', so I might be biased.
              It was definitely a classic.

"If anyone is afraid, leave the room right now...not you, Jamie."

Comment

I haven't seen as many as I wish I could. I have seen almost all his complete stories; Dominators is one of my favorites. I just love the way the Doctor and Jamie work together in that one; plus the quarks are cute! I also have a few of the stories on audio, like Web of Fear: that one is really creepy; especially without picture!
                "There's no point in growing up if you can't be childish sometimes." ~Doctor Who, Robot~

SGA Fanfiction

Comment

Originally posted by Rowana
                  I haven't seen as many as I wish I could. I have seen almost all his complete stories; Dominators is one of my favorites. I just love the way the Doctor and Jamie work together in that one; plus the quarks are cute! I also have a few of the stories on audio, like Web of Fear: that one is really creepy; especially without picture!
                  I read The Web of Fear novelization, but the CDs are currently too expensive for me.

The Dominators is my favorite Troughton story too.

"Quarks, destroy! Total destruction!"

"Those are the clever ones. We don't like them. They always telling us what to do."

"Don't worry, Jamie. The eruption will only affect the island."
                  "Maybe so...but we happen to be on the island."
                  "Oh, my word!"

Comment

Originally posted by Deputy-Assistant-Second-Prime
                    The Dominators is my favorite Troughton story too.

"Quarks, destroy! Total destruction!"

"Those are the clever ones. We don't like them. They always telling us what to do."

"Don't worry, Jamie. The eruption will only affect the island."
                    "Maybe so...but we happen to be on the island."
                    "Oh, my word!"

LOL!

"Jamie! It's a brillian idea! It's so simple only you could have thought of it."

SGA Fanfiction

Comment

I saw the thrid eps of Menice from the Deep, I was so said to find out that was the only availible ep.

Comment

Originally posted by creed462
                        I saw the thrid eps of Menice from the Deep, I was so said to find out that was the only availible ep.
                        The Lost in Time Collection contains the following Patrick Troughton episodes:
                        The Underwater Menace part 3
                        The Moonbase part 2 & 4
                        The Faceless Ones part 1 & 3
                        The Evil of the Daleks part 2
                        The Abominable Snowman part 2
                        The Enemy of the World part 3
                        The Web of Fear part 1
                        The Wheel in Space part 3 & 6
                        The Space Pirates part 2

After viewing these, you really begin to understand the loss to the franchise.

Comment

The Lost in Time Collection contains the following Patrick Troughton episodes:
                          The Underwater Menace part 3
                          The Moonbase part 2 & 4
                          The Faceless Ones part 1 & 3
                          The Evil of the Daleks part 2
                          The Abominable Snowman part 2
                          The Enemy of the World part 3
                          The Web of Fear part 1
                          The Wheel in Space part 3 & 6
                          The Space Pirates part 2

After viewing these, you really begin to understand the loss to the franchise.

It's really sad. So much that we will probably never get to see. The second doctor really got hit bad too, worse than the first.

SGA Fanfiction

Comment

Has anyone seen The Seeds of Death yet? Love the scenes with the balloons and suds...ahem, I mean exploding fungus.

Comment

Has anyone seen The Seeds of Death yet? Love the scenes with the balloons and suds...ahem, I mean exploding fungus.

I have. Balloons...lol! That was a neat one!

SGA Fanfiction

Comment

Working...
                              X