This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favourite Doctor

Since we've got all these favourtie enemies and companions threads going ive decided to make a Favourite Doctor thread.
    My Favourite has to be Tom Baker he had everything Jelly babies, K-9, Sonic Screwdriver and a long list of companions and much more.
    William Hartnell
    0.00%
    Patrick Troughton
    5.81%
    Jon Pertwee
    2.33%
    Tom Baker
    29.07%
    Peter Davidson
    8.14%
    Colin Baker
    1.16%
    Sylvester McCoy
    6.98%
    Christopher Eccleston
    22.09%
    David Tennant
    23.26%
    Paul McGann
    1.16%
    Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Tom Baker was good, and his successor Peter Davidson was great. But have to admit the Doctor was best as Christopher Eccleston. I wonder how David Tennant will fair in the role?

EDIT: And now I know.....
    Last edited by The Signal; 07 May 2007, 03:17 AM.
    Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
    - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Tom Baker, but I am starting to Like John Pertwee
      Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Sylvester McCoy and Chris Ecclestone

Comment

Always hard to choose...I love Sylvester McCoy and Tom Baker.
          "There's no point in growing up if you can't be childish sometimes." ~Doctor Who, Robot~

SGA Fanfiction

Comment

Tom Baker was my first... so he'll always have a special place...
            But I think ultimately Jon Pertwee is my favourite... I loved his banter with The Brigadier, his all-too-infrequent display of Venusian martial arts, the sonic screwdriver and he endeared me even more by speaking Chinese! He brought so much warmth to the role.

But right now I'm really enjoying Peter Davison...
            sigpic
            "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Well depending on my mood, I would say Peter Davison and Sylvester McCoy but it does change. Oh heck I love them all for different reasons.

Comment

Tom Baker for me, the first Doctor I can properly remember...as they say, you always remember your first.

Comment

Tom Baker was my first Doctor too, my first Dr Who memory was Jon Pertwee turning into Tom Baker

Comment

Have to say Sylvester McCoy, then Peter Davison and Chris Eccleston. Tehy each brought very unique qualities to their Doctors which I enjoyed.

Comment

I thought I might as well make this into a poll.

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
                        I thought I might as well make this into a poll.
                        Good idea, but you forgot to add Paul McGowen. I don't really count him myself, but he is technically the eighth doctor.
                        "There's no point in growing up if you can't be childish sometimes." ~Doctor Who, Robot~

SGA Fanfiction

Comment

Yay a poll was added. Cheers Madeline_W
                          Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Originally posted by Rowana
                            Good idea, but you forgot to add Paul McGowen. I don't really count him myself, but he is technically the eighth doctor.
                            Paul McGann, you mean?
                            Yup, he's supposed to be canon...

I really liked Paul McGann in Hornblower, I must say...
                            sigpic
                            "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Paul McGann was an excellent Doctor, even if his one TV appearance was in a rather disappointing story. He would be a contender for my favourite if he were here.

So, Tom Baker will always be The Doctor for me, but Pertwee had such style and I really liked Sylvester McCoy. Peter Davidson and Colin Baker I could take or leave, although they've really grown on me in audio.

I think I have to choose Sylvester, simply because I so often find myself championing him against people who blame him for killing the series.
                              Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                              - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Working...
                              X