• Time
  • Show
Clear All

SciFi Wire: Judge: Teal'c Gets Talky

From SciFi Wire:

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/art-m...7/07/11.15.sfc

09:00am ET, 7-July-04

Judge: Teal'c Gets Talky

Christopher Judge, who plays Teal'c in SCI FI Channel's original series Stargate SG-1, told SCI FI Wire that his character will get to do a lot more in the upcoming eighth season—including talk. "Teal'c will talk more than he has in the previous seven years, and it's really weird having to learn all these lines," Judge said in an interview during a break in filming on the show's set outside Vancouver, B.C. "It's just a gabfest, you know?"

Fans will also get to see a softer side of the no-longer taciturn Jaffa warrior, Judge added. "Lots of romance for Teal'c this year," he said with a smile. "There's a new character who I don't know what the future of it will be. ... It kind of pans out in [a future] episode, but then, ultimately, it doesn't really work out in the end, but it's still kind of out there what's going to happen. ... And of course, Ishta is coming back this year," he said, referring to the Jaffa character played by Star Trek: Enterprise's Jolene Blalock in last season's "Birthright," an episode that Judge wrote. "She's just a wonderful actress to work with, and we just got along really, really well. And she was well received by the fans and everything, so when I pitched another episode, it was ... basically green-lit right away."

Judge wrote the new episode, "Sacrifices." But unlike castmate Amanda Tapping (Maj. Carter), Judge downplays any desire to direct an episode of SG-1. "No, no," he said. "I have no desire to direct Stargate. We're too hard-headed. [I'm a] Leo. I would get too frustrated. And it's ... kind of like I would love to direct something else, but I think it would be hard to direct people that you know so well. And, especially, I'm not as easy-going when I direct. ... I would feel weird about it." But Judge added that he's interested in writing more, including episodes of the spinoff series Stargate Atlantis. "Yeah, I've talked to [Atlantis executive producer] Brad [Wright], so I think I'll be writing one, if not two, Atlantises. And I actually think I am going to at least run it by him about maybe directing one of them."

Stargate SG-1 kicks off its eighth season with a two-hour premiere at 9 p.m. ET/PT July 9. Stargate Atlantis premieres with a two-hour episode, "Rising," at 9 p.m. ET/PT on July 16.

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

SG1-Spoilergate
    http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/SG1-Spoilergate/

Richard Dean Anderson Fans
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rdandersonfans/

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

I'd really hate SG1 becoming ST:ToS, with Girl of the week, or Romance of the week. I'd start screaming!

Comment

Nice to see CJ will be getting more lines and writing again in S8.
      Maybe there will be more to season 8 than just "As the Stargate Turns" ?

I'll stay optimistic for now,and hope the Action and Sci-fi elements keep the show watchable !
      (Whatever happens,I'll have to wait til September to actually see SG-1 Season 8,so I'm keeping my options open. )
      The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Now whats wrong with Teal'c getting a little romance, he gets as much romance as much as he talks, which isn't much, so i'm looking forward to his 'talking', haha...
        Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Yes, I'm generally a sit-back-and-see kind of viewer, but I have no doubt that we'll all hear fellow fans claiming the show "jumped the shark" when Teal'c got hair and moved out of the mountain, etc.

Changes like this, esp. so late in the run...don't they always make fans nervous? Won't we always worry about what other iconic aspects of the show are going to change?

But, as I say, I'm keeping positive about this. I don't think it'll be "As the Gate Turns" LOL, but I'm bracing for more ship, of all different kinds.
          "Frankly, we're not surprised when she starts pulling large bombs from skin-tight catsuits..."
          "Not only can Josette Simon really, really act, she gets the show's best introduction - she rescues Avon, announces he's the most beautiful man she's ever seen, then explains the only other man she's seen is her father, whose surname is, blissfully, Mellonby."
          "This is a future where the women are beautiful, the men are ugly, and the only drink is creme de menthe."
          --BBC CultTV's web review of Blake's 7 season 3 DVD (21.06.05)

Comment

Working...
          X