Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why don't they set these up in the SGC and Atlantis?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why don't they set these up in the SGC and Atlantis?

Automatic sentry guns!

site

http://www.hackaday.com/entry/1234000427059760/

movie

http://cs-people.bu.edu.nyud.net:809...mall/short.mov

Nice video. Did you make it autonomus by yourself?

Best Stargate quote:
    Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
    Green is your friend.

Comment

Automatic guns can automatically fire at the wrong person by accident.

Now with added lesbians.

Comment

I didn't make them. I just found them online.

Comment

i would think that these weapons would come in handy especially when a team is coming back through the gate and the are taking fire. the automatic sentry guns would allow the other personell to leave the gate room and these guns could return fire if an enimey got through the gate with no risk to other personell

Comment

Originally posted by general ben
            i would think that these weapons would come in handy especially when a team is coming back through the gate and the are taking fire. the automatic sentry guns would allow the other personell to leave the gate room and these guns could return fire if an enimey got through the gate with no risk to other personell
            Automatic sentry guns don't dodge, nor run away from grenades.

Now with added lesbians.

Comment

because there big 50 cals look cooler in the gate room, even though they are absolutely worthless for defense. and looking cool is all that matters.

Comment

Originally posted by spg_1983
                because there big 50 cals look cooler in the gate room, even though they are absolutely worthless for defense. and looking cool is all that matters.
                you wil not get an arugement from me on that point.

Three PhDs i don't quite understand what u mean by that they don't move i understand that they would be sitting targets but since most eniemes wouldn't have the time to send in a wave to take out the guns then another wave to start doing damage i don't see what your problem is.

Comment

Originally posted by Three PhDs
                  Automatic guns can automatically fire at the wrong person by accident.
                  Maybe they could do the auto sentry guns like the ones that are from splinter cell that recognize people not to shoot at.

Best Stargate quote:
                  Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                  Green is your friend.

Comment

No, such kind of sentries in the gateroom would best be used AFTER the friendlies are out of the way in one way or the other, dead, run away etc. Then its free fire for the sentries at anything that still moves.

Or as fire support for offworld teams to secure gates or bases, think Aliens ( directors cut) as remote controled guns as long as you have friendlies running in their range, otherwise, just let them loose.

Comment

Haveing automated guns would be a great idea for securing offworld gates. Ofcourse, like all things, this option has both advantages and disadvantages. No risk of human life, but you also lose human intelligence and decision makeing. AI, no matter how advanced, doesn't have the same logic a human has. Those of you who are familiar with Xenosaga, think KOS-MOS in the begining. She killed that Liuetenant who hates Realians, they just don't think like we do. Both good and bad.

Comment

Originally posted by csand36
                        Maybe they could do the auto sentry guns like the ones that are from splinter cell that recognize people not to shoot at.
                        Ohh, I hate those things! *mutters* Although...yes...muahahahaha...
                        TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Lol!!

Comment

Working...
                          X