PDA

View Full Version : New scifi shows

Qasim
September 22nd, 2005, 09:41 AM
There have been a number of new shows lately - Threshold, Invasion etc.

Which ones did you like and dislike?

I have only seen Threshold and was pretty impressed

FoolishPleasure
September 22nd, 2005, 09:50 AM
Didn't watch Threshold as I was into SG1. With the recorder dead, I probably won't see it until SciFi goes into reruns on Friday.

Surface - watched, will watch again, but I'm not sure they can keep up the "sea monster" thing for long. Underwater scenes were gloomy and blurred, which gets frustrating.

Invasion - Its from Shaun Cassidy and he did "American Gothic" which I really loved. Had iffy moments but they could possibly have something really nice and creepy. May be a bit too much like "Invasion of the Body Snatchers" for some folks though.

My 13 year old liked "Surface" best. I preferred "Invasion". I'll watch both for awhile to see how they play out. If they don't really grab me by episode 3. ."click". ;)

aAnubiSs
September 22nd, 2005, 10:22 AM
I liked Threshhold, found Surface to be mildly interesting but didn't like Invasion at all, but I'll watch it anyways. Who knows, it might get better.

MediaSavant
September 22nd, 2005, 10:30 AM
Of the three shows, I like "Invasion" the best because it appears to be more "character driven" than the other two.

Generally, I prefer "character driven" programs.

MarshAngel
September 22nd, 2005, 01:14 PM
I liked what I did see of threshold and Surface but I'll probably wind up watching Surface and Invasion most often because of scheduling. I liked them all but so far I like Surface and Threshold equally. Invasion was a little too predictable.