PDA

View Full Version : Chomping the bit..(Possible Spoilers)

crighton
July 7th, 2004, 02:46 AM
Hey all,

Just managed to see the "Lowdown" and boy oh boy, Atlantis looks fantastic.... Not just the set's, Story, but the city concept blew me away. It has a very "Offworld" feel, unlike anything I have seen on TV before (forgive my advance review, time will tell.)

Are there any avid modellers out there that would be willing to recreate Atlantis??? She would look mighty cool in my fish tank.....

In fact does any one know about possible merchandise....

I want a Wraith Dart, Puddle Jumper, New Gate, Light up floating Atlantis and all the goodies from SG-1!!!!!

Roll on next week.........

GhostPoet
July 7th, 2004, 10:39 AM
I know how you feel. I've never been more excited for a tv series since the Next Gen Star Trek episodes. (maybe even more excited about Atlantis and SG-1's new season of course)

On another note...a quick thought..I feel like the Stargate fanbase is where the Trek fanbase was a while back during the Next Gen era...everyone was friendly and supported the show. Let's hope the fanbase never turns into the witch-hunting nerds that the Trek fanbase is now.

I can say that I'm excited for all this new Stargate stuff then I've ever been excited for anything else.

Anubis
July 7th, 2004, 11:04 AM
I too agree that it looks a fantastic show, just from the preview. Looks awesome

Brianamarie
July 7th, 2004, 11:07 AM
I'm wriggling in anticipation. The Lowdown showed me that Joe is going to be a fun character, and we already know McKay is. I love fun characters. I can't wait to see how it's going to be.

I just hope I'm not setting myself up for disappointment. :/

Anubis
July 7th, 2004, 11:16 AM
I agree. It looks really great, I hope I won't be disappointed

aAnubiSs
July 7th, 2004, 11:50 AM
Hopefully most eps. will follow the main story arc. Unlike some other Stargate show!~~

Same with TNG. Almost no storyline at all, that's why I even rate Voyager higher then TNG:O

Ugly Pig
July 7th, 2004, 03:54 PM
Hopefully most eps. will follow the main story arc. Unlike some other Stargate show
Don't count on it. SG-1 was mostly standalone episodes the first couple of seasons, why would Atlantis be any different?

Mio
July 7th, 2004, 04:48 PM
Let's hope the fanbase never turns into the witch-hunting nerds that the Trek fanbase is now.
GhostPoet is a witch! Burn him!

GhostPoet
July 8th, 2004, 12:13 PM
GhostPoet is a witch! Burn him!
What?? no i'm not!
Hey! What's that!? *points and dissapears with a loud cackling laugh*

Anubis
July 8th, 2004, 12:17 PM
lol Poor you! :D

uknesvuinng
July 8th, 2004, 07:08 PM
What?? no i'm not!
Hey! What's that!? *points and dissapears with a loud cackling laugh*
'E turned me into a newt!

AgentX
July 8th, 2004, 07:13 PM
I haven't seen much of anything regarding SG:A, but with the amount of anticipation here, how could I not feel the same? Sure I have to wait until Monday the 19th, but at least it's going to be on CDN TV.

Torley
July 8th, 2004, 08:59 PM
I have a feeling SG:A will at least have an arc early-on involving continual Wraith attacks and pursuit. TBTP have undoubtedly learned a great deal from SG-1.

Darren
July 9th, 2004, 01:22 AM
I received an e-mail this week from Rainmaker Digital's Bruce Woloshyn. He said that the effects shots they showed in The Lowdown (of which we have several screen grabs here (http://www.gateworld.net/articles/features/lowdown2004.shtml)) aren't even final renders. The finished product will look even better!

Brianamarie
July 9th, 2004, 05:01 AM
'E turned me into a newt!
You don't look like a newt... ;)

aAnubiSs
July 9th, 2004, 05:08 AM
You don't look like a newt... ;)

that's because you're also a newt. Newts don't know what they look like ;)

Brianamarie
July 9th, 2004, 05:25 AM
Hrm. That might explain it. *eyes her body* Odd, I look like everyone else. Maybe we're all newts.

Janus
July 9th, 2004, 06:11 AM
On another note...a quick thought..I feel like the Stargate fanbase is where the Trek fanbase was a while back during the Next Gen era...everyone was friendly and supported the show. Let's hope the fanbase never turns into the witch-hunting nerds that the Trek fanbase is now.

You know, I'm a only a semi-Gator myself and while back I thought I'd found a cool site called 'Memory Alpha'.
Later, it turned out the people managing it were Nerds !
I deleted my link to the site soon after and ran away screaming !
So don't give up hope yet, not all Trekkies have gone bad....I hope.

Ugly Pig
July 9th, 2004, 06:13 AM
I received an e-mail this week from Rainmaker Digital's Bruce Woloshyn. He said that the effects shots they showed in The Lowdown (of which we have several screen grabs here (http://www.gateworld.net/articles/features/lowdown2004.shtml)) aren't even final renders. The finished product will look even better!
Good... I was actually thinking the shots in The Lowdown looked unfinished. However, they were at least one step up from the way the same shots looked on the Atlantis preview on the season 7 DVD, where any old blind person could see they weren't anywhere near finished. :)

Nolamom
July 9th, 2004, 07:21 AM
They do look better than the average television FX already. I guess they will be amazing when complete. Thanks for posting the pics.

Anubis
July 10th, 2004, 12:02 AM
Well, then those will look great when they are complete