PDA

View Full Version : Very specific question (100 days)

Blue_Revan
July 6th, 2004, 03:45 PM
100 days was one of my favorit episodes. Its the one were O'nell gets stuck on the planet with all the naquadria on it. I noticed at the end when O'nell was leaving the planet that chick was holding her stomic. Did he have sex with her? They were talking about having children befor he left. I hope he didnt have a baby off world then ditch her. Did anyone eles see that or know the answer??

DId he have a baby off world?

Mio
July 6th, 2004, 03:49 PM
Ok:

A) Naquadria didn't pop into stargate until late Season 5
B) What's with the double posting?

Blue_Revan
July 6th, 2004, 03:53 PM
i ment the other stuff. sorry my bad. I posted twice cuz my first one was sent to the other section about the whole episode, and thats not what i want. I just want to know if O'nell has a kid off world.

Nolamom
July 6th, 2004, 04:45 PM
No.

Sam & Jack Shipper
July 6th, 2004, 06:31 PM
It was just wishful thinking on Laira's part. As far as we know, she didn't have a child and Jack never visited again.

Calicto
July 6th, 2004, 07:17 PM
1. Please try to use more appropriate language. Try to use the word "intercourse" instead of "sex"...etc. Try to work on Grammar and Spelling. They are your friends. *slits wrists* Note to self: They are NOT your friends.

2. I have not watched that episode, but as the aspiring Stargate Encyclopedia as I wish to become, I have read and analyzed the episode.

Laira wished to have a child by O'Neill. O'Neill later agrees to give up his old life and embrace his new life and Laira. However, when O'Neill gets radio transmission with SGC and leaves, Laira touches her stomach to imply that she wished to half a child.

Sam & Jack Shipper, the show does not show each and every mission. As evident from the title, the show revolves around SG-1 and their adventures, not SGC's. Also, Jack could have visited Laira on his own time (requested permission..etc).

Sam & Jack Shipper
July 6th, 2004, 07:23 PM
Sam & Jack Shipper, the show does not show each and every mission. As evident from the title, the show revolves around SG-1 and their adventures, not SGC's. Also, Jack could have visited Laira on his own time (requested permission..etc).

I believe in my response I said "As far as we know". :rolleyes:

Calicto
July 6th, 2004, 07:28 PM
I believe in my response I said "As far as we know". :rolleyes:
Agreed.

As far as we know, Jack used a contraceptive during the previous night of passion. We know he carries one around, just if he lands up with some alien female or as your name indicates....Anis... I mean Sam...

"Remember on P????? Carter, when you drank that stuff that made you take off all of your...." ~O'Neill (Spirits)

Jafana
July 6th, 2004, 08:13 PM
how do we know he carries one around?? have i missed something here?

and, it's my opinion that if he were to return to Liara's planet to visit her, because it was such a major part of the show in the first place, we would see the follow up.

besides, while things do happen offscreen, it's a happy coincidence that those things that happen on screen are the pivotal moments in the character's lives. :D (the ptb are good like that :p)

Chevron_nine
July 6th, 2004, 09:13 PM
Try to work on Grammar and Spelling. ........ However, when O'Neill gets radio transmission with SGC and leaves, Laira touches her stomach to imply that she wished to half a child.

Don't you mean have a child:p

Sorry, I just had to point that out.

GateGipsy
July 7th, 2004, 03:02 AM
Hi Blue Revan and welcome to the forum. I hope you spend some time having a look around the place and I look forward to seeing you in the discussions. I would recommend that you also acquaint yourself with the rules for this forum.

I am sorry, but this thread is going to be moved again for the same reason the other thread was moved. We have rules on this forum - not many but just a few. We're a big, busy forum and if everything goes into one folder it becomes too hard to navigate. For that reason, we have specific folders for certain types of topics. If your topic fits that folder then it *should* go in there. If you don't put your thread in that folder, then a mod will move it for you.

Should you disagree with this, then please do talk to the mods. We can possibly work out a way you can put your thread in the General Folder. But in the meantime please don't go ahead and just do the same thing again after a mod has made it clear that's not acceptable. Thank you.

Anubis
July 7th, 2004, 07:30 AM
Jack never actually had a baby but the woman wanted a baby

greytop
July 7th, 2004, 08:44 AM
It implied she was pregrant because at the end she ran her hands over her mid-drift area like she was. If Jack knew that she was, he would do something about it. That is he nature, especially with children.

Anubis
July 7th, 2004, 08:46 AM
I'm not sure if she would have been pregnant, but I don't think O'Neill would just leave like that

AgentX
July 7th, 2004, 08:51 AM
Well, I guess the key thing is that IF she were pregnant did she tell O'Neill? Then I couldn't see Jack leaving - Leave no one behind, and all that. If she didn't tell him, then I don't see anyway he would have known so then I could see him leaving. OR she could not have been pregnant at all and this is a moot point.

Anubis
July 7th, 2004, 08:56 AM
She didn't actually say, so I'm just guessing

DownFallAngel
July 7th, 2004, 12:41 PM
You know who should get a kid? Anubis.

Anubis
July 7th, 2004, 01:09 PM
And who might that be? :D

marcus
July 14th, 2004, 01:59 AM
I think they might have left it open ended on purpose so we cant really be sure. If I remember correctly they did make love didnt they? So it is possible.

Maybe the writers left it open to possibly use the storyline in the future. It would be interesting for Jack to have another son taking into account the fate of his first son and how it plagues Jack's mind.

Anubis
July 14th, 2004, 03:29 AM
I dunno about that. I doubt it will be revisisted in the future, but it may!

Chirp
July 14th, 2004, 09:01 AM
Hay! Hi, I thought you would like to here myside of this thread. In the 4th season 12th episode Tangent, that is when Teal'c and Jack got marooned in a death glider, Hammon whated to tell Jack something very important. I took it as one of the things that Laira didn't want Jack to know. Knowing fully will that Jack would quit the SGC and live off world with her. Laira knew she could not let Jack do that, because he was to important to the SGC. In her thinking Jack should know when it is a good time to tell him that. Hammond knows every thing that consers Jack and the rest of the team for that matter.

Ancient
July 19th, 2004, 06:08 PM
god i hate this episode can we erase it from stargate history please

Heru'urs_first_prime
August 11th, 2005, 06:09 AM
wow, think about this: your mum saying to you:

mum - "son, your dad is an alien from a plantet billions of farms away, he came 16 years ago through that stone ring over there thats been on the floor ever since it was struck down by big giant balls of rock from the sky"

kid - "mum.........go to bed"

Albion
September 15th, 2005, 02:02 AM
The question of whether Laira was pregnant or not was deliberately left ambiguous and there was nothing in the episode to indicate what the correct answer is either way. So it's pretty much up to how you want to interpret it. There are no 'right' or 'wrong' answers, despite the strong opinions on both sides of previous posters. It's up to the viewer to decide what they think. The question was never answered as Laira and her planet were never revisited (thank goodness, some of us say). It could be wishful thinking or hope on Laira's part or she might already know that she is. If she was pregnant, however, Jack never knew it, so it's not a question of him knowingly abandoning her to bring up his child.

I would imagine that the poster who says Jack would carry contraceptives with him, is correct. Aren't they standard issue for military personnel while on missions? But whether he used them or not is another question. AFAIR (and my memory is hazy as I've only ever been able to watch this episode once and never again <shudder>) Laira specifically tells Jack that the reason that she wants to sleep with him is that she wants a child.

As Jack has, by that point, given up on any hope of getting home and finally fully embraced the idea that he's going to live out the remainder of his life on Laira's planet and will have to settle down and find a life for himself there, I doubt he would make the decision to get involved with her sexually and then deny her the very reason she wants to mate with him. I think the fact that he sleeps with her is testament to his acquiescence to her wish for a child. He's burning all of his boats with this decision, and crossing over the line from hoping to be rescued to accepting his exile. He's taken the step towards fully committing himself to his new life and leaving the old world behind.

But, again, there are no definitive answers, and he could well have used them for all we know for sure. All opinions on this one are valid as there are, again, no answers in the episode.

Oh, and sex and intercourse are both perfectly acceptable terms for the act. Look them up in any dictionary. ;) Neither are taboo terms that I'm aware of, so the original poster was perfectly entitled to use either.

Albion :)