This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The quality JoWood wants from the Stargate SG-1 Game

Stumbling around the internet, I came across another game produced by JoWood. See firsthand the quality JoWood expects from it's games.

It's actually kinda fun.
    Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Actually its not!

Comment

:\
      Maybe instead of making flash games they could instead focus on actually making a proper decent game???

Comment

That would be nice. Why'd they pick that company anyway?? Couldn't someone who makes quality games get together with Bungie or something??
        TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris-RA
          That would be nice. Why'd they pick that company anyway?? Couldn't someone who makes quality games get together with Bungie or something??
          JoWood just publishes the games. Perception is the developer for the game. JoWood has released several titles that I never heard of and one title (Neighbors from Hell) that was a forgettable game if the X-Play review was any indicator. I'm wondering why MGM went with JoWood in the first place. Perception doesn't have a track record to really follow from what I've seen on IGN. They've developed one game before Stargate. Kinda hard to tell if they're good or not with just one game to look at.

Bungie would be wonderful to have work on this project, but you'd have to blend the whole Bungie crew with Goa'ulds to make them take resources away from Halo 3. Free Radical Design (the guys who do the Timesplitters series) would have been a great choice. Or Valve, though they're hopefully finishing Day of Defeat Source right now. I imagine money is a major issue behind the selection for the SG-1 game.
          Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Originally posted by uknesvuinng
            Stumbling around the internet, I came across another game produced by JoWood. See firsthand the quality JoWood expects from it's games.

It's actually kinda fun.
            Oh lordy...not to be rude...but you must not get out much if that was fun. If that is the type of game that they expected...it would've been a waste of money to purchase the game. That was horrid. Maybe they should look to the producers of Resident Evil 4 or something similar. That would be cool to have an SG-1 game produced by them!
            sigpic

Comment

That game was unbelievebly CRAP!!!
              Thank God there not the ones developing the game
              The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

I 2nd that motion too -- They don't have any blockbuster titles under their belt.

I think if Bioware(the supercool(literally) Canadian company in Edmonton ))had the rights, they'd be able to make it into a successful RPG instead of a FPS. They have a lot of award winning credentials of what they can produce.

Originally posted by Eoin
                That game was unbelievebly CRAP!!!
                Thank God there not the ones developing the game
                Don't make me zat you

It took us 15 years and 3 super computers to MacGyver a system for the gate on Earth.

Dial=> http://www.pathcom.com/~kcheung for days remaining until the Vancouver con!

Comment

Originally posted by Kensterman
                  I 2nd that motion too -- They don't have any blockbuster titles under their belt.

I think if Bioware(the supercool(literally) Canadian company in Edmonton ))had the rights, they'd be able to make it into a successful RPG instead of a FPS. They have a lot of award winning credentials of what they can produce.
                  I can't really see much RPG material in the SGC part of the Stargate universe. The best I can see is someone playing as a Jaffa ascending the ranks of Apophis or another famous Goa'uld. SG-1 is really conducive to a squad shooter such as Ghost Recon. The game itself was (and hopefully still is) a FPS with squad elements. I think it'll be a really good game if the coding's solid and it actually gets released.
                  Cogito ergo dubito.

Comment

I think if Bioware picked it up, they'll make it like a "Knights of the Old Republic" -- and we all know that that was one heck of a successful title and the sequel just as well. They can make some FPS mixed with some role playing aspect. Titles that can mix two types of genres together and have a strong story can be an interesting game.

Oh well, I guess we'll have to hope for the best -- if it ever makes it out to production.

I can't really see much RPG material in the SGC part of the Stargate universe. The best I can see is someone playing as a Jaffa ascending the ranks of Apophis or another famous Goa'uld. SG-1 is really conducive to a squad shooter such as Ghost Recon. The game itself was (and hopefully still is) a FPS with squad elements. I think it'll be a really good game if the coding's solid and it actually gets released.
                    Don't make me zat you

It took us 15 years and 3 super computers to MacGyver a system for the gate on Earth.

Dial=> http://www.pathcom.com/~kcheung for days remaining until the Vancouver con!

Comment

... Am I the only one who was actually having fun playing the game?

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
                      Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Originally posted by MartoufMarty
                        ... Am I the only one who was actually having fun playing the game?
                        I think so! Lets pray that the game is better than the stupid race track game on the JoWood website.
                        sigpic

Comment

It's actually kinda fun.
                          Your right it's fun, and addicting
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter
                            I think so! Lets pray that the game is better than the stupid race track game on the JoWood website.
                            C'mon, the whole thing is a joke!

There's no way they're going to make the game like that

That game is really funny. I keep on going too fast and falling off lol.

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
                            Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Originally posted by MartoufMarty
                              C'mon, the whole thing is a joke!

There's no way they're going to make the game like that

That game is really funny. I keep on going too fast and falling off lol.
                              It was mostly a joke when I posted this. I would be impressed if they pulled the graphics from the screenshots in Flash.

I spent most of my time on the game trying to make the most convoluted track I could. Sadly, I realized the best I could do would still not be too convoluted...

The trick to not falling off is to pulse the accellerator. About half a second on, half a second off works pretty well.
                              Cogito ergo dubito.

Comment

Working...
                              X