The Others(spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Others(spoilers)

So what does everyone think the others are? Do we think they settled the island and created everything that we find mysterious? Are they survivors of any crash that have adapted? How do they get power and such?

Any speculations welcome.
    sigpic

They're anubis clones like Khalek!! and the 'beast in the jungle' is anubis!!!!!

The Ultimate Tech thread, for more discussions on FTL, ZPE, and pie

Relativity Q & A - Got questions? Want answers? Me too, but i got some answers too

Click this link to visit the place for my ideas and experiments to hide

Comment

i have an idea but its proably way off lol. The "others" could be people from the survivors past. Desmond was the guy who gave Jack inspiration about Sarah. One of the "others" could be the guy who Sawyer was gona kill, one could be the phsycic who told Claire not to put her son up for adoption. Of course then u gotta take into consideration of time. The flashbaks were probably only a couple months ago from the crash if that and apparently these ppl were on the island for 16 years. So idk just an idea.
      Mentally unstable like a fox!!

Comment

So you think Desmond is one of the others? I guess for now I am thinking is is somehow seperate, but we'll see.

I think Ethan was one of the others, and nobody knew him...but that is an interesting theory that I'll have to folllow.
        sigpic

Comment

Desmond is definately not one of the Others. I think that the Others are in a spiritual form, that resulted from their being infected by the disease that plagued the members of the French woman's team. If you'll notice, the Quarantine sign was on the inside of the Hatch, NOT the outside. If it was on the outside, that would infer that whatever is inside is the threat. Why would someone place a sign warning people of a potential contamination on the inside if the infected were inside? I also think that the Island has a sentience of it's own and is threatened by the Others. The Island may have guided both Desmond and Locke to protect it, since it may not be able to directly strike at the Others, with the exception of the security system. Additionally, I think that Ethan and the pirate dudes are physical manifestations of the Others as they used to be or people who are in their service.

One mystery that really plagues me, is how Roussou got Claire's scratches! Why was Danielle with Ethan? Is she herself fallen under the Other's influence? What's the deal???
          Spoiler:
          Check out my fanfiction! http://www.fanfiction.net/~memnarch

Comment

Yeah I'm really curious about if Ethan and Roussou were on contact, are both of them pawns of the others...or are they the others? I don't think the others are spiritual in nature, but there is a ton of mystery about them.

Why did Walt sound like the wispers we hear when people are alone?
            sigpic

Comment

I think that Walt has powers similar to the Others and that is likely why their men were sent to capture them.
              Spoiler:
              Check out my fanfiction! http://www.fanfiction.net/~memnarch

Comment

I think there is a more esoteric answer to who the others are. Regarding Desmond, that has me stumped. I guess we'll find out in after this episode.
                Daniel: You..stupid son of a *****
                Jack: Hey, you're welcome...

Comment

Working...
                X