Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Supernatural : General Discussion/Appreciation (Spoiler Tags req for S15)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Supernatural : General Discussion/Appreciation (Spoiler Tags req for S15)

Did anyone else watch the premiere of this show tonight it was pretty good. I think it has potential
    Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together
    sigpic

Nope, I haven't watched a lot of TV today!
    sigpic

Comment

I like it. Not the most brilliantly original thing ever and it'll be interesting to see how if fares/compares to Night Stalker, but it has a good sense of mood to it and manages to be good in spite of having John Shiban on staff.

I hope Jared wossname loses the attitude, though, that'll get old fast and the actor simply isn't up to handling an emotionally troubled character, IMO.

The other brother is very good eye candy and has lots of snark, two of my main requirements to catch my attention. He has a bit more shading, character-wise, although I can see how he might wear on the nerves after a while, too.

Supernatural makes me think "Frailty meets Constantine". Dad raises his kids to fight monsters, except this time the monsters are real and they're mostly not human.

It remains to be seen if this can last the long haul, but I'll probably watch while it lasts.

The scenery in tonight's ep looked familiar. I've seen that mountain somewhere before. And I couldn't help thinking that the kids shouldn't be wandering off into the woods with a Cylon.

They never explained the whole "tracks suddenly disappearing" thing, unless that was supposed to be part of the ruse.

Comment

What did it get in it's premiere? 6 million viewers. Even with those ratings I still wouldn't watch it.
        sigpic

Comment

not sure the premiere was tonight so the ratings wouldn't be up yet. yeah its not really original i remember three or four shows that were on the same wave and they didn't pan out. I like why there fighting tho like the one guy is fighting for love and the other brother is there because its what he does "Frailty" was a great movie

I remeber one show where there was a police station that policed Supernatural beings
          Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffer
            "Frailty" was a great movie
            What's Frailty about?
            sigpic

Comment

A man confesses to an FBI agent his family's story of how his religious fanatic father's visions lead to a series of murders to destroy supposed "demons." its a really good movie because you spend the whole time wondering if its real or if the fater went nuts i would suggets renting it
              sigpic

Comment

From zap2it.com:

The series premiere of "Bones" got FOX off to a healthy start at 8 p.m. with a 6.6/11. An "NCIS" rerun on CBS was second at 5.9/10, beating the season opener of "The Biggest Loser," 5.0/8, on NBC. "Gilmore Girls" returned with a 4.0/7 for The WB, which beat reruns of "According to Jim" and "Rodney" on ABC. UPN went with repeats of "Girlfriends" and "Half & Half."

"House" built on FOX's lead at 9 p.m., scoring a 9.8/15 -- the night's best rating. CBS stayed in second with "Big Brother 6." The final half-hour of "The Biggest Loser" improved to 5.9/9, but its lead-out, "Tommy Lee Goes to College," came in at only 3.3/5, giving NBC a 4.6/7 for the hour. The premiere of "Supernatural" averaged 3.5/5 for The WB, just beating the World Music Awards, 3.4/5, on ABC. UPN's "R U the Girl" was sixth.
                These ratings are the premiere ratings for the series premiere (second paragraph). I included what the previous hour got to show how much viewers stayed after watching Gilmore Girls.
                Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

I feel pretty much the same as you, ShadowMaat. I'm not sure how well they'll keep the story going but I like the brothers and there's good tension. It's my favourite so far of the new sci-fi shows.

Comment

i like it so far, but has there been two eps or 3?

i ask only because i'm a bit confused by the event with the girlfriend at the beginning of last night's ep...
                    Thanks!
                    Jordan

my page
                    My LJ
                    From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

Originally posted by yaaayoubetcha
                      i like it so far, but has there been two eps or 3?

i ask only because i'm a bit confused by the event with the girlfriend at the beginning of last night's ep...
                      The thing with the girlfriend happened at the very end of the pilot ep.
                      Spoiler:
                      Boy goes home, calls out to girlfriend, who doesn't answer. Boy eats a cookie from plate girl left for him, wanders into his room and collapses on the bed. Drip, drip. He looks up to see his dead girlfriend plastered to the ceiling. He screams. The room bursts into flames.

I assume that was a direct echo of the opening few minutes of the show with Mom & Dad, although I missed that. *grumble*

Windigo was ep 2.

Comment

Is it normal that I think I'm addicted to the show after only two episodes?
                        The Lexa Doig Escape

Cause Lexa Doig rocks!

Comment

Originally posted by AshViper
                          Is it normal that I think I'm addicted to the show after only two episodes?
                          I hope not, because then I'm in trouble.

I'm loving this show. I love the relationship between the two leads, a mix of brotherly banter combined with some angst for both of them. I like the "Buffy-esque" matter-of-factness both characters have with these creepy creatures they meet. They've grown up with this and are familiar with these types of things.
                          Spoiler:
                          I like the mix of the older brother who's seen the death of the mother, idolizes his father and is driven in the same way juxtaposed against the younger brother who doesn't remember any of this and is decidedly ambivalent about the whole thing. He loves his brother and Dad and wants to support them, yet also wants to live his own life.

Spoiler:
                          I like the mystery about why the women in their family seem to end up with decidedly creepy deaths. Does this thing that attacked the boys' mother and Sam's girlfriend have some kind of connection to the family? To Sam himself? After all, both times he was lying in bed with poor Mommy or girlfriend plastered to the wall. I hope they delve into this more, as well as what has happened to the father.

Of all the genre-type shows this year, this is the one I've enjoyed most, Threshold probably second.

Also, as far as ratings go, for the WB, they're pretty good. WB and UPN don't compete on the same scale as the others. It has good retention rates from The Gilmore Girls, too, so there's hope for the show.

Comment

Well, I'm enjoying the show. Of course, very little scares me now days...that comes from almost 35 years of loving horror and sci-fi shows. I do love Supernatural!
                            sigpic

Comment

I'm really enjoying this show as well. I thought tonight's ep was a little too Final Destination but the relationship between the brothers is still worth watching.

Comment

Working...
                              X