Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Supernatural : General Discussion/Appreciation (Spoiler Tags req for S15)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Moulin
    The relationship of the brothers has a surprising depth to it. I think its PTB caught lightning in a bottle with the chemistry of the two leads. I remember thinking, "this is a WB show? I don't watch WB shows." I caught the pilot purely by accident when I was home with a nasty case of bronchitis. I was hooked.
    It's a little humiliating that my favorite shows are on the WB, UPN (V.MArs) & SciFi.

And I'll just second.... BROTHERS!!

Comment

A few pictures for your viewing pleasure.

http://tinypic.com/ogch7k.jpg

Something about Jensen being voted "top male fantasy totty" in Starburst. Nice write up
      http://img359.imageshack.us/my.php?i...arburst2hv.jpg

Father and son (a little spoilerish)
      http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/1...kshadow3wo.jpg

Comment

Well, if theres gonna be pictures, some new Rt. 666.

http://super.emedian.net/eps113.html

Puffy parkas!

Comment

Tonight's episode was awesome. I really like where this show is headed.
          Spoiler:
          It was great to see them actually meet up with their Dad finally. And it was awesome how that fall was nothing to that girl, too.

I can't wait to see what other trouble she'll cause for them down the road. And also, I'm dying to see
          Spoiler:
          her boss
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Was that (Shadow) an amazing episode or what??? Dean Winchester must be the loneliest character in sci-fi/fantasy. I wanted to smack that brother of his. Sam, you may be book smart but you aren't wise, kid.
            I don't trust Papa Winchester. That man did something wrong once upon a time. Seriously wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Moulin
              Was that (Shadow) an amazing episode or what??? Dean Winchester must be the loneliest character in sci-fi/fantasy. I wanted to smack that brother of his. Sam, you may be book smart but you aren't wise, kid.
              I don't trust Papa Winchester. That man did something wrong once upon a time. Seriously wrong.
              Dean is a one-of-a-kind though. I love his character, man. And the ep was amazing. This show is amazing. And I also get the feeling that their father was into something that went bad long ago. Something that brought all of this down upon his family.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Ya know, shadows are always painted as being evil. It's grossly stereotypical. I mean, just look at me! Am I evil??

...OK, bad example.

Very good ep, lots of great angsting. Although I thought it was kinda obvious the girl was baiting them. Glad to see I was right about her and her "forced to go along with the family" thing, although it remains to be seen if she's an "I want out" type like Sam or a "Keeping up the family tradition" type like Dean.

Comment

Very good ep, lots of great angsting. Although I thought it was kinda obvious the girl was baiting them
                  Methinks Sam's downstairs brain was interfering with his upstairs brain. I was yelling, "She's putting on a performance for you, son." Dean's got his little brother pegged. Sam needs some.....stress relief. Meg saying she did what she did for the same reasons the boys do piqued my interest. Love for whom? Or for what? I don't think Meg is an "I want out" girl. She seems to relish her work a little too much.

I felt like such a wuss tearing up when the boys saw their father. I was surprised that Dean went to him so eagerly for the hug, knowing what I know about a future episode. There's some resentment there, but Dean's so desperate for affection that it's not shocking. Sad.

Comment

This ep just confirmed what I've been saying all along- Dean resonates better. Sam may be the the floppy-eared trauma puppy, but Dean... ye gods, the poor boy. He's spent his whole life training and fighting and following orders and fighting some more... it's all he has: his family and The Fight. Sam's got it easy, he has college to go back to, a career of his choosing, a network of friends... Dean only has The Fight, a network of contacts and, of course, his family. But he's afraid his family is falling apart and it kills him. His father isn't there for him (regardless of his reasons) and Sam just wants to get it over with and go back to his own life. I think Dean's deeply afraid that he's going to wind up all alone with only The Fight to keep him going. Poor thing.

Comment

Shadowmaat, you've nailed it.

Dean resonates better. That's it. You've articulated what I was trying to say but couldn't figure out how to say. You feel for Dean. Ackles gets the internal hurt across so well. It makes sense. Sam had the opportunity, albeit briefly, for a normal adult life with normal adult dreams and aspirations. So did John once upon a time--marines, then his job as a mechanic, then marriage and children. When did Dean have a chance at a normal adult life or even a normal childhood?

When he was four. Now he's a legally dead twenty-seven year old, with no real job history. He doesn't know how to do "normal." Two week long "relationships" and one night stands with people like Cassie (ho hum) and Amy the Sagittarius tequila loving lady cop are his love life. When he tells the truth, he gets rejected. You just want to hug the poor guy.

Comment

Oh, I wanna do more than hug him, but this probably isn't the place to go into detail about that.

Comment

I liked the episode, finally a recurring foe for the boys. I hope she comes around and kicks their butts some more just to make it much more difficult for them to win.

I too think that the father did something in his past to bring this upon family but what kind of father does that make him that he would use his children to atone for this past?

Comment

I wonder why the 'demon' is after the dad in the first place and not Dean and Sam? Perhaps I missed something here, but anyone?
                            Don't make me zat you

It took us 15 years and 3 super computers to MacGyver a system for the gate on Earth.

Dial=> http://www.pathcom.com/~kcheung for days remaining until the Vancouver con!

Comment

i really liked the ep.

it was cheap laughs but i really enjoyed Meg's ironic dialogue as we knew she was evil but hey had not yet sussed.

if it was me...i'd kill him....stuff like that...

i really liked the shadows, up until the hotel scene....they were very well done until that point, then it turned a touch cheesy.

i really want to see a flashback in a comming ep about how 'the father' deals with Meg's failure to kill the 3 of them. could be an interesting scene.
                              Thanks!
                              Jordan

my page
                              My LJ
                              From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

Hmmmmm, spoilers for future episodes (only 6 left, no first run eps until April--networks need to abolish arbitrary May sweeps periods ) are dicey:

Spoiler:
                                Papa Winchester will be back in episodes 20, 21, and 22. Vampires, oh my. No word on whether Papa Winchester survives the season or not. Scuttlebutt is putting it at about 50-50. Jeffrey Dean Morgan may be picked up on "Grey's Anatomy," so we'll see. Episode 17, "Something Wicked," to be aired in April, flashes back to five year old Sam and nine year old Dean and shows John in an extremely unflattering light. You can't leave a nine year old alone in a hotel room to protect his five year old brother for three days and expect him to be a proper adult soldier. John has an unfortunate habit of allowing Sam to be a little boy, calling him "his little boy" and calling Dean "his little man" and then becoming very angry when Dean of course can't measure up--him being a big grown up fourth grader and all. The pressure and desire for revenge got to John and he crippled his first born son emotionally in the process.
                                Last edited by Moulin; 01 March 2006, 09:55 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X