This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate SG-7

Since fanfic series seem to be de rigeur at the moment, I just thought I'd stick my oar in and pimp Stargate SG-7. SG-7 tells the story of the eponimous team and their encounters with things that man was not meant to wot of.

It's a three season arc (10 episodes per season) the first two set concurrently with Seasons 8 and 9 of SG-1. All 30 episodes are planned, the first nine are written and the first 7 have been beta read and are available for your enjoyment, either as linked above or through Gateworld. SG-7 stories are written in regular prose and rated for Teens or occasionally Mature readers.
    Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
    - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

oh no pressure then....

*grumbles back to the grindstone and applies nose*

But I'll see your pimp and raise you a plug: these fics are well worth reading. Really.
    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

Havnt got time to really get stuck into episodes but my intitial impression is the site could use a paint job. www.zymic.com offers some great templates for you to customize. Anyhow good luck with them, wish i had time to actually read more.

Comment

Originally posted by Simonthefurling
        Havnt got time to really get stuck into episodes but my intitial impression is the site could use a paint job. www.zymic.com offers some great templates for you to customize. Anyhow good luck with them, wish i had time to actually read more.
        Ugh. I wish I had time to do something decent with the site, but just playing around with frames is basically all the time I have to spare on it. Life's too short right now to learn cascading style sheets; maybe next summer .

Comment

Ye well with zymic its just all editing, you don need to learn much 'cept basic html. Well anyway I'm particularly interested in your series since i'm developing my own novel formatted series. How long is each of your 'episodes' in microsoft word can i ask? I've just finished penning my first rough draft of my first episode.

Comment

Originally posted by Simonthefurling
            Ye well with zymic its just all editing, you don need to learn much 'cept basic html. Well anyway I'm particularly interested in your series since i'm developing my own novel formatted series. How long is each of your 'episodes' in microsoft word can i ask? I've just finished penning my first rough draft of my first episode.
            One of the advantages of not marrying myself to a script format is that I'm not tied to a particular length, so it varies. The two currently in beta are 24,000 and 33,000 words (36 and 47 sides of 10 point A4). Some of my fics are up to 60 sides, which I guess must be about 50,000 words, while the shortest was 200 words. Basically they end up being as long as they need to be to get the story in.

Comment

Yeah, writing in novel format is definatly the best way to go.

Comment

That long? Just as well your Beta get's paid by the word, Mr.P!!

sigpic

Comment

I've only read the first two episodes but I already love SG-7. Great characters all with unique personalities who interact well, and great plots.
                  That's some excellent work Mr. Prophet. Two thumbs up for Satargate SG-7.
                  "I'm the greatest because I'm alive. That's it. Period.
                  I'm not greedy. If I can catch a Goa'uld equipped with all kinds of fancy toys without risking my neck that's a damn good compromise."

Spoiler:

Comment

I love the characters too. One in particular, but I think they're a fab team. And it's always nice to have Feretti in there.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X