PDA

View Full Version : Favourite Bad Guys

Stricken
September 20th, 2005, 10:15 AM
Seeing as Dr Who has its own section i thought this thread was in order although no one may reply and it falls flat on its face, but when has that stopped me!!!!

Right here we go!!

Daleks!
The Master

Strange i cant think of anymore, my brain is fried!!!!! :S :S

Post Away!!!

Simonthefurling
September 20th, 2005, 10:22 AM
The guys who take over human bodies and fart were pretty cool...

Stricken
September 20th, 2005, 10:54 AM
Slovean (Sp) i think

and yay someone replied!!

Metarock Sam
September 20th, 2005, 12:40 PM
(Its spelt Slytheen.)
I can name many excellent Doctor Who Villans
Here are a few off the top of my head
The Daleks
Davros
The Master
The Celestial Toymaker
The Cybermen
The Valyard (Evil Doctor Rules)
The Handyman (bertie basset melts people in lava)
The Mecanoids (big Dalek killing machines.)
The Sea Devils
The Silurians
Fenric
Azog The Daemon
The Autons
and many many more.

Deputy-Assistant-Second-Prime
September 20th, 2005, 09:24 PM
Races: Sontarans, Ice Warriors, Autons, Yeti, Cybermen, Dominators, Silurians, Sea Devils, Ogrons, Zygons, Rutans, Movellans, Vervoids, Tetraps, Daleks

Rogue Time Lords: The Master, The Rani, The Meddling Monk, The War Chief, Omega, The Valeyard, Goth

Evil Entities: The Black Guardian, The Great Intelligence, The Malus, The Animus, The Nestene Conscious, The Mara, The Celestial Toymaker

My favorite is the Cybermen.

Easter Lily
September 21st, 2005, 12:51 AM
The Master... tops my list

The Cybermen
Davros

Klieg
Scarlioni/Scaroth

Slytheens
Daleks (New Series)

flippy18
September 21st, 2005, 01:40 AM
The Master - evil is just that much more scary when it has a human face :eek:
Cybermen - They always scared me the most when I watched Dr Who when I was little.
The Autons - dummies, any kind of dolls are just creepy!

Daleks I never did find scary.

Ascended Times.2
September 21st, 2005, 02:31 AM
I never saw the old series so i don't have much to go on, but I recon Henry-Van-Stan was pretty scary...lol :)

But seriously, I the Daleks, an entire race of beings with all emotiocns and feelings taken out but Hate?! OOOOH....that just screams spooky.

Also, will someone fill me in on what the fug the cybermen did? my Dad said ABC took Doctor who off the air when he was little when the cybermen were being really introduced.

Reefgirl
September 21st, 2005, 03:07 AM
The Cybermen were humans that lived on Earth's sister planet (Who's name escapes me ATM) they were dying out so they started experimenting with Cyber implants and over time anything human got replaced, including emotions. The Cybermen, I think, wanted to strip Earth of all it's resourse's and enslave it's population, like most of the Doctors other enemies

The daleks always scared the S**t out of me.

Stricken
September 21st, 2005, 04:05 AM
Whoo people responed to my thread!!!

in circles
September 21st, 2005, 04:33 AM
The Autons
The Daemons
Cybermen
Androids from The Android Invasion
Sea Devils
The Master

Egeria
September 21st, 2005, 05:40 AM
My favourite enemy has to be the Cybermen...(I was so scared of them as a kid)

Others include: The Daleks
The Autons
Those Mummy things from Pyramids of Mars (really creepy)

creed462
September 21st, 2005, 08:17 AM
The Master and Davros.... Both gave the Doctor a run for his money.

As for to argrant for own good
The Donimator.... they never saw him coming

Metarock Sam
September 21st, 2005, 03:51 PM
OOh I forgot such classics as the vervoids or timelords such as Omega.

September 21st, 2005, 04:00 PM
The Cybermen were humans that lived on Earth's sister planet (Who's name escapes me ATM) they were dying out so they started experimenting with Cyber implants and over time anything human got replaced, including emotions. The Cybermen, I think, wanted to strip Earth of all it's resourse's and enslave it's population, like most of the Doctors other enemies.The Cybermen's original planet was Mondas. They later conquered Telos from the Cryons and made it their new homeworld.

Reefgirl
September 22nd, 2005, 01:03 AM
That's it, Mondas, I saw that one with the Cryons when UK Gold had a Who marathon on the day the New series of Dr Who started

September 22nd, 2005, 02:09 PM
That's it, Mondas, I saw that one with the Cryons when UK Gold had a Who marathon on the day the New series of Dr Who started
Attack of the Cybermen with Colin Baker.

Metarock Sam
September 22nd, 2005, 03:05 PM
Attack of the Cybermen with Colin Baker.
MAn that episode was so cool it was when the doctor actually got the chameleon frive working and the tardis turned into a statue and an organ. Plus we got to see cyber humans half human/ half cybermen. One of the finest Colin Baker eps.

September 22nd, 2005, 03:34 PM
MAn that episode was so cool it was when the doctor actually got the chameleon frive working and the tardis turned into a statue and an organ. Plus we got to see cyber humans half human/ half cybermen. One of the finest Colin Baker eps.Plus, Lytton from Resurrection of the Daleks returned, the Doctor returned to 76 Totters Lane, and this story was a prequel to Tomb of the Cybermen.

Metarock Sam
September 22nd, 2005, 03:49 PM
And thats an even better Cyberman episode !!

September 22nd, 2005, 03:59 PM
And thats an even better Cyberman episode !!"Target? What part do you aim at?"

One cricitism. Apparently, in the far future a team of scientists can be completely ignorant of the effects of high voltage electricity on the human body. And an obvious boobytrap left at the entrance of the Cybermen's tomb is blamed on the presence of complete strangers, despite the fact the entrance was completely covered in rock moments before. :rolleyes:

Reefgirl
September 23rd, 2005, 12:41 AM
Wandering away from the Cybermen, I liked Revelation of the Daleks, I think it was the 25th anneversary ep where the Doctor and Ace went back to 1963

September 23rd, 2005, 09:21 AM
Wandering away from the Cybermen, I liked Revelation of the Daleks, I think it was the 25th anneversary ep where the Doctor and Ace went back to 1963Revelation of the Daleks was the one with the sixth Doctor and Peri.

You're thinking of Remembrance of the Daleks. Ace even picked up Barbara's copy of The French Revolution.

Reefgirl
September 23rd, 2005, 09:55 AM
I always get those 2 mixed up, I've got Remeberence on DVD too

shockwave
September 23rd, 2005, 10:00 AM
the daleks, I love these little R2D2's

Bomber
September 27th, 2005, 08:43 AM
Races:
1. Cybermen
2. Cheetah people
3. Haemovores

Characters:
1. The Master
2. Sutekh
3. The Destroyer
4. Fenric
5. The Meddling Monk

Stricken
October 20th, 2005, 06:01 AM
Isnt there anyone else with Favourite Who Bad guys?

Rowana
October 20th, 2005, 08:16 AM
Hmm...always so hard to choose.

Daleks, Cybermen, and the Master are high on my list. Always like the Rani too. Sontarens are also a favorite. Let's see...what else...I like Kaine in Dragonfire; I think he's a really good bad guy. The Celestial Toymaker was good. Oh and Yeti....I think they are kinda creepy; especially the Great Intelligence.

October 20th, 2005, 03:51 PM
Isnt there anyone else with Favourite Who Bad guys?The Chumblies.... :D

Rowana
October 20th, 2005, 08:53 PM
The Chumblies.... :D

Oooooo! They were cute!:p

Stricken
October 21st, 2005, 06:05 AM
Yay people are posting in here again!!

Rowana
October 21st, 2005, 06:17 AM
Yay people are posting in here again!!

Of course! You can never have too many bad guys!;)

Anyone here like the Ice Warriors? They were pretty cool, I wish we'd had more of them. Curse of Peladon really threw me for a loop... for once, they weren't the bad guys!

October 21st, 2005, 12:59 PM
Of course! You can never have too many bad guys!;)

Anyone here like the Ice Warriors? They were pretty cool, I wish we'd had more of them. Curse of Peladon really threw me for a loop... for once, they weren't the bad guys!Four appearances just wasn't enough. It's a shame Mission to Magnus was scrapped. It would have been cool to see the Sixth Doctor tackling them after so many years.

Metarock Sam
October 21st, 2005, 01:06 PM
Then again it was a shame Doctor Who was scrapped for a time. Think of the stories we could have had !!!

October 21st, 2005, 01:49 PM
Then again it was a shame Doctor Who was scrapped for a time. Think of the stories we could have had !!!For a start...The Nighmare Fair, Mission to Magnus, and The Ultimate Evil.

So we missed out on the return of the Ice Warriors and the Celestial Toymaker.

Personally, I thought the hiaitus was a mistake.

I thought dropping down to 14 episodes was a mistake.

The second season of a new Doctor is typically better, so they should have had a little more faith.

Rowana
October 22nd, 2005, 10:11 AM
For a start...The Nighmare Fair, Mission to Magnus, and The Ultimate Evil.

So we missed out on the return of the Ice Warriors and the Celestial Toymaker.

Personally, I thought the hiaitus was a mistake.

I thought dropping down to 14 episodes was a mistake.

The second season of a new Doctor is typically better, so they should have had a little more faith.

I couldn't agree more. It was pointless to stop for a while and pointless to shorten seasons. *sigh* Sometimes I wish people like us had been in charge.

jckfan55
October 22nd, 2005, 02:37 PM
Who could top the Daleks?
I do recall finding Davros a good villain. The Sontarans were pretty good (bad). I wish they were running Dr. Who in my area. :( It's been a long time since I've seen it.

Rowana
October 22nd, 2005, 05:13 PM
Who could top the Daleks?
I do recall finding Davros a good villain. The Sontarans were pretty good (bad). I wish they were running Dr. Who in my area. :( It's been a long time since I've seen it.

Davros was one of my favorites. Especially in Genisis of the Daleks. He was so ruthless.

Seshat
October 22nd, 2005, 05:29 PM
Davros was one of my favorites. Especially in Genisis of the Daleks. He was so ruthless.
I loved Davros! But the Daleks were about as scary as vacuum cleaners to me.
The Master will always top my list :D, followed by the Cybermen and the Sontarans. The Sontarans always reminded me of potatoes somehow...:p...now I've made myself hungry...:rolleyes:

Billz
October 23rd, 2005, 03:02 AM
Ive only ever seen the newest Doctor Who series. Ive seen some from the Slyvestor McCoy era and the Tom Baker stages. I saw the movie set in San Fransisco so these are my favourite enemys:
Daleks
Slytheen
Audons
Cybermen
Candyman (just made me laugh)
Time dragons (from the episode 'Fathers Day}

Thats all I can remember.

creed462
October 23rd, 2005, 12:05 PM
The Altons were perty neat.

Metarock Sam
October 23rd, 2005, 12:56 PM
One of the classic bad guys was the black guardian. The reason was because his headress was soo wacky!!! and he had the deep booming voice that sounds like he could do voiceovers for trailers and things.

creed462
October 23rd, 2005, 01:08 PM
One of the classic bad guys was the black guardian. The reason was because his headress was soo wacky!!! and he had the deep booming voice that sounds like he could do voiceovers for trailers and things.
He was a tricky on alright

Rowana
October 23rd, 2005, 03:04 PM

He was pretty cool. The head dress though....too much.:p

HighLordPenegal
November 22nd, 2010, 08:42 PM
My all time favourite bad guys are The Weeping Angels!
The kindest psychopaths in existence, older than the time lords and freaking scary.

Cold Fuzz
November 22nd, 2010, 10:46 PM
John Simm as The Master

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptRxrH1rVK8&feature=player_embedded

Why? I don't cheer for the villains in any story. He is the first and only villain that had such style that I thought to myself, "He is soooo bad, he's good!" :eek: I was actually enjoying that he all but won against the Doctor...for a few episodes anyway. :o

The Flyattractor
November 24th, 2010, 10:00 AM
Ugh. John Simm.
Worst Master EVER!
The new series has yet to produce a real villian of any decent caliber.
The Angels were cool in premise,but when I found out that all they do is give you a free trip thru time. They fell down the scale of badness pretty damn quick.
Derek Jacobi's Master I preferred much more. His preformance gave a much better feel of menace and actual evil with out al the over the top acting and hopping around like a git.

HighLordPenegal
December 6th, 2010, 05:43 PM
The angels sent a person back to a time before they were born, then would feed of the potential energy left behind because now that person doesn't exist. Also, the whole "Don't blink, blink and your dead" thing was enough to give lots of people the creeps.