PDA

View Full Version : Glowing Jellyfish (spoilers, tlc)

Mio
July 6th, 2004, 12:42 PM
So who agrees with me that the official name for the weapon used in TLC should be the.... <drumroll>

Ancient Glowy-Jellyfish-Of-Doom

Anyone? Anyone at all...

...come on! Someone must agree with me.....

....or not....

aAnubiSs
July 6th, 2004, 12:43 PM
they were Jell-O Squids!

Mio
July 6th, 2004, 12:45 PM
they were Jell-O Squids!
Lies!

Anthro Girl
July 6th, 2004, 12:46 PM
They're Jellyriffic! :)

I love the name! Squid-o-Doom works as well.

aAnubiSs
July 6th, 2004, 12:46 PM
Got any proof of that?!

Bring it!
Bring what?
IT!
What is it?
It is what you bring!

:P

Mio
July 6th, 2004, 12:59 PM
Got any proof of that?!

Bring it!
Bring what?
IT!
What is it?
It is what you bring!

:P
::goes through his junk drawer, looking for a ZPM:: Damn...can never find batteries....

shelsfc
July 6th, 2004, 01:35 PM
So who agrees with me that the official name for the weapon used in TLC should be the.... <drumroll>

Ancient Glowy-Jellyfish-Of-Doom

Oh yeah, that's it!! Especially if the word doom is said in a deep, booming voice....

Anthro Girl
July 6th, 2004, 02:18 PM
[/center]

Oh yeah, that's it!! Especially if the word doom is said in a deep, booming voice....
Followed by an ominous "DAH-dah-dah-DAH", of course! :p

Mio
July 6th, 2004, 02:20 PM
Followed by an ominous "DAH-dah-dah-DAH", of course! :p
Of course!

::starts the petition to get it listed on the Omnipedia as Glowy-Jellyfish-Of-Doom::

DownFallAngel
July 6th, 2004, 02:30 PM
Ummmm then name is Guardian probe or something. They said it last night in the Lowdown.

Mio
July 6th, 2004, 02:42 PM
I refuse to believe it! It's Glowy-Jellyfish-Of-Doom!

Anthro Girl
July 6th, 2004, 02:49 PM
Oh Good God No! Not the Probe!!! Noooooooo!!!! :eek:

Sela
July 6th, 2004, 06:30 PM
Glowing jellyfish (of doom, no less) ? For me, not so much.

Did anyone else think that they looked like flying Pac Man ghosts? I swear, that's what I thought when I first saw them.

Mio
July 6th, 2004, 06:34 PM
Glowing jellyfish (of doom, no less) ? For me, not so much?

Did anyone else think that they looked like flying Pac Man ghosts? I swear, that's what I thought when I first saw them.
rofl. Actually kind of does, now that you menti---

*slaps his face* NO! They are Jellyfish of doom! *hisses at Sela*

Sela
July 6th, 2004, 06:38 PM
rofl. Actually kind of does, now that you menti---

*slaps his face* NO! They are Jellyfish of doom! *hisses at Sela*

Sela slaps Mio's face. (Gently, of course...) " NO! They are the Pac Man ghosts of Doom!"

Mio
July 6th, 2004, 06:50 PM
Sela slaps Mio's face. (Gently, of course...) " NO! They are the Pac Man ghosts of Doom!"
*sticks his fingers in his ears, screaming: GLOWY JELLYFISH OF DOOM!*

Sela
July 6th, 2004, 07:00 PM
*sticks his fingers in his ears, screaming: GLOWY JELLYFISH OF DOOM!*

Sela begins to back slowly to the door keeping Mio is her sights at all times....

Daniel_locks_my_chevron
July 6th, 2004, 07:46 PM
You guys are.....totally....how should I put this....
crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of your faculties, three fries short of a happy meal....WACKO!

But seriously, they're Glowy Jellyfish Probes of Doom

Mio
July 6th, 2004, 09:45 PM
They don't look like probes to me.

Anthro Girl
July 7th, 2004, 12:18 AM
They don't look like probes to me.
Ah, but that's how they get you!

BTW, did anyone catch the (non-)Glowy Jellyfish of Doom hurled across the "Antarctic" ice in the Lowdown? Hate to say it, but it appears less doom-worthy when it isn't glowing. :(

Mio
July 7th, 2004, 05:02 AM
when was that? I'll have to watch the lowdown again.

Janus
July 7th, 2004, 05:07 AM
Glowing Jellyfish of Doom ?
Sounds like my mom's cooking :) ;)

Greesha
July 7th, 2004, 05:42 AM
her'ak: "my lord, magic jellyfish attack."

nugglebugget
July 7th, 2004, 08:29 AM
Ah, but that's how they get you!

BTW, did anyone catch the (non-)Glowy Jellyfish of Doom hurled across the "Antarctic" ice in the Lowdown? Hate to say it, but it appears less doom-worthy when it isn't glowing. :(
When I saw that I had a strange mental image of the crew playing "dodgeball" with it during breaks.:S
I wonder why it was being hurled.Was it part of a scene or were they actually just playing with it?
Not glowing & just laying there,poor ol' dead space-calimari....reduced to a toy of amusement...:p

Anthro Girl
July 7th, 2004, 08:39 AM
When I saw that I had a strange mental image of the crew playing "dodgeball" with it during breaks.:S
I wonder why it was being hurled.Was it part of a scene or were they actually just playing with it?
Not glowing & just laying there,poor ol' dead space-calimari....reduced to a toy of amusement...:p
LOL! Space Calamari! Oh wait...isn't there another show that had Squids from Space?

It looked like they were playing with it. Or testing it out. All I could think of was, "Where can I get me one of those?" It would make a great dog toy! Fetch! Kill! Destroy! Destroy! :)

nugglebugget
July 7th, 2004, 08:53 AM
LOL! Space Calamari! Oh wait...isn't there another show that had Squids from Space?

It looked like they were playing with it. Or testing it out. All I could think of was, "Where can I get me one of those?" It would make a great dog toy! Fetch! Kill! Destroy! Destroy! :)

Too bad it didn't bounce,that would really be fun!:D

Hey,maybe if they ever do make a line of toys [like action figures,death glider models,etc.],they'll make some glow-in-the-dark-boucing jelly-fish-of-doom in varying sizes.Ping-pong to volley ball......break out the nets people!

Mio
July 7th, 2004, 10:33 AM
Too bad it didn't bounce,that would really be fun!:D

Hey,maybe if they ever do make a line of toys [like action figures,death glider models,etc.],they'll make some glow-in-the-dark-boucing jelly-fish-of-doom in varying sizes.Ping-pong to volley ball......break out the nets people!

Woo! Glow in the Dark Glowy-Jellyfish-Volley-Balls-Of-Doom!

::clap:: Brilliant!

Anthro Girl
July 7th, 2004, 11:07 AM
Woo! Glow in the Dark Glowy-Jellyfish-Volley-Balls-Of-Doom!

GITDGJVBOD? What the?! Wait, is it "volley balls" or "volleyballs"?

See, we had a simple acronym (GJOD, or G'JOD, if you prefer ;) ). Now we need more vowels.

Mio
July 7th, 2004, 11:44 AM
GITDGJVBOD? What the?! Wait, is it "volley balls" or "volleyballs"?

See, we had a simple acronym (GJOD, or G'JOD, if you prefer ;) ). Now we need more vowels.
Hmm...I need a thesaurus.

Janus
July 7th, 2004, 11:57 AM
A what ? Is that a disase ? Can you eat that ?

What do you mean I'm desperately trying to get a 100 posts, so I'll get 'promoted' again. :p
Being shot at the begin of the episode just isn't fun...can't I make to the last scene for once ? :D

Mio
July 7th, 2004, 12:12 PM
A what ? Is that a disase ? Can you eat that ?

What do you mean I'm desperately trying to get a 100 posts, so I'll get 'promoted' again. :p
Being shot at the begin of the episode just isn't fun...can't I make to the last scene for once ? :D

Yes, it's highly contageous.....

Anthro Girl
July 7th, 2004, 04:32 PM
Hmm...I need a thesaurus.
Hmmm...I plugged Glowing Jellyfish of Doom into a thesaurus and got (among many others) the following:

- Luminous Punk of Death
- Flaming Invertebrate of Kismet
- Vibrant Sissy of Judgement Day (a personal fave)

Nope, I think Glowing Jellyfish of Doom is still the best option. :p

AgentX
July 7th, 2004, 04:37 PM
Hmmm...I plugged Glowing Jellyfish of Doom into a thesaurus and got (among many others) the following:

- Luminous Punk of Death
- Flaming Invertebrate of Kismet
- Vibrant Sissy of Judgement Day (a personal fave)

Nope, I think Glowing Jellyfish of Doom is still the best option. :p

I don't know that Flaming Invertebrate of Kismet is equally likable. Look out its a FIK!

Mio
July 7th, 2004, 04:43 PM
I agree.

Glowing Jellyfish of Doom it is.

Now let's bug whoever keeps the Omnipedia up to date to add that.

DownFallAngel
July 7th, 2004, 06:02 PM
Guardian Probe is so much better!

Mio
July 7th, 2004, 06:54 PM
<has DownFallAngel burned at the stake>

Anthro Girl
July 7th, 2004, 07:14 PM
I agree.

Glowing Jellyfish of Doom it is.

Now let's bug whoever keeps the Omnipedia up to date to add that.
I will agree only if it gets its very own theme song, complete with theremin. :)

Mio
July 7th, 2004, 07:45 PM
I will agree only if it gets its very own theme song, complete with theremin. :) Working on it.

::to the batman tune::

Da na na na na na da na na na na na

Glowing....

....Jelllyfish....

...of doooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom!

Torley
July 7th, 2004, 08:11 PM
They look kind of like aerial tadpoles... :)

nugglebugget
July 9th, 2004, 08:31 AM
Working on it.

::to the batman tune::

Da na na na na na da na na na na na

Glowing....

....Jelllyfish....

...of doooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom!
Orrrrrrr....[a twisted thought here]....have someone print out the lyrics to the stargate theme that was on the "prodigy' audio commentary & have a "glowing jellyfish of dooooommm!" bounce along to the music so we can follow along!
After the song a cartoon "Anubis" can inadvertently stumble onto the screen,the "GJOD" spots him & goes after him as he lets off with that "AAAAAARRGHHhh!" he did so well.
If I could create such a thing I would,however,I can only come up with the weird ideas.

nugglebugget
July 9th, 2004, 08:37 AM

*shudders*

I don't know about anybody else,but the mere thought of any kind of an "alien probe" leaves me with a very uneasy feeling:eek:

Mio
July 9th, 2004, 08:39 AM
*shudders*

I don't know about anybody else,but the mere thought of any kind of an "alien probe" leaves me with a very uneasy feeling:eek:
Agreed. Glowing Jellyfish Of Doom it is.

Champos
July 9th, 2004, 08:59 AM
The questıon ıs... ıf someone were to make a spınoff sweet, would they be called Glowıng Jellyfısh Jellybabıes of Doom? I for one thınk that sounds quıte tasty...

nugglebugget
July 9th, 2004, 09:10 AM
The questıon ıs... ıf someone were to make a spınoff sweet, would they be called Glowıng Jellyfısh Jellybabıes of Doom? I for one thınk that sounds quıte tasty...
Hmmmm....how about...Gummi Glowing Jellyfish Jellybabies of doom?Talk about a mouthful:D !

Actually,I thought Gummi Goa'ulds were a good idea.I tried to make some myself one time with a pack of Gummi Worms & a paring knife.It didn't work too well & my oldest daughter threatened to have me put somewhere......{no sense of humour,that one,go figure}:rolleyes:

Mio
July 9th, 2004, 09:39 AM
Yes! And we could put some kind of radioactive dye in there to make it glow...

...we'll put a disclaimer on the bag.

Anthro Girl
July 9th, 2004, 09:45 AM
Gummifish of Doom?

<run far away> :D

Sela
July 9th, 2004, 03:49 PM
*shudders*

...especially if it's glowing.....

BringerOfLight
July 9th, 2004, 04:35 PM
*shudders* I don't know about anybody else, but the mere thought of any kind of an "alien probe" leaves me with a very uneasy feeling:eek:

Uneasy? Try paranoid. From now on I'm going to look at those squids that have iridescent light on their bodies with much suspicion.

Selmak
July 10th, 2004, 04:30 PM
jellyfish-looking things may be a recurring theme in Ancient technology... an Ancient probe in the first episode of Atlantis also looks like a jellyfish.