Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SG-1 and the SGC not really phased by anything anymore?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SG-1 and the SGC not really phased by anything anymore?

Anyone notice that in episode like the 4th Horseman that SG-1 doesn’t really get scared of anything anymore? Like when they found the ring transporter they just activated it and when they apeared underground they didn’t even have their weapons raised.
    Anyone else think this or is it just me?

they changed

Comment

Its become a kind of everyday thing they do. Its a wonder why they didnt stop being so cautious ages ago.
      Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

I think that it may wind up being used as a shortcoming later on in the series

Comment

Originally posted by Baz
          Anyone notice that in episode like the 4th Horseman that SG-1 doesn’t really get scared of anything anymore? Like when they found the ring transporter they just activated it and when they apeared underground they didn’t even have their weapons raised.
          Anyone else think this or is it just me?
          I noticed that too. I know ancient technology is highly dependable but I'm not sure it's wise to get into a ring transporter and head off to an unknown location so quickly. At the very least they should have sent the malp in to clear the way... just in case.

At this rate they'll be killed by bows and arrows on a Vancouver-like planet. But they aren't worried about that, because they'll probably come back from the dead.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel
            I noticed that too. I know ancient technology is highly dependable but I'm not sure it's wise to get into a ring transporter and head off to an unknown location so quickly. At the very least they should have sent the malp in to clear the way... just in case.

At this rate they'll be killed by bows and arrows on a Vancouver-like planet. But they aren't worried about that, because they'll probably come back from the dead.

Since when have they been putting malps through ring transporters

Best Stargate quote:
            Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
            Green is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by csand36
              Since when have they been putting malps through ring transporters
              They haven't ever, which is my point. There are cases, such as in Avalon, where it wasn't possible but it stands to reason that when you don't know where the hole in the floor goes, drop a stone and see how safe it is to jump down.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Gate travel and alien interaction in itself has become commonplace. Compare this to COTG, where Hammond was freaking out about how if they didn't come back in 24 hours they'd be locked out forever. The SGC has really changed.
                SQUEE like no one's listening.

Comment

Originally posted by Serebii
                  I think that it may wind up being used as a shortcoming later on in the series
                  I do truly hope so. Being careless must be payed for sooner or later. I just hope that it comes later.. or.. no.. perhaps sooner..
                  /Comblin
                  The masochist said to the sadist
                  - hit me!
                  The sadist answered
                  - no...

Comment

Originally posted by cafine_us
                    Gate travel and alien interaction in itself has become commonplace.
                    yeh i agree but not for Cam he had only been on like 10 missions throught the stargate he should at least be a little cautious.

Comment

I don't think it comes down to being careless as much as it comes down to time constraints. Would you want them to waste several minutes showing them beaming down the malp and checking things out or spend that time moving the story forward. They don't even show them sending the malp through the gate anymore, just a shot of Walter or Carter saying the malp has reached the destination.

Comment

Originally posted by Arative
                        I don't think it comes down to being careless as much as it comes down to time constraints. Would you want them to waste several minutes showing them beaming down the malp and checking things out or spend that time moving the story forward. They don't even show them sending the malp through the gate anymore, just a shot of Walter or Carter saying the malp has reached the destination.
                        Dont get me wrong i agree with that, but maybe show a little caution in the posture....like i said they didnt even have their guns raised and they were beaming down into a Gou'ld lab..........

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel
                          At this rate they'll be killed by bows and arrows on a Vancouver-like planet.

Funny!

Comment

I hadn't thought of that, but I did wonder why they didn't tell anyone where they were going in case something happened. I expected Mitchell to radio Sam and say something like, "We found a set of rings 200 yards from the gate and we're taking them to wherever." If something happened to them, at least their potential rescuers would have a place to start looking.

You're right though, they should have had guns drawn. I guess they should whenever they go through the stargate, too. That might cause negative reactions from whoever they meet, though, and it might be hard to convince them later that they are explorers, not conquerors.

Comment

That's why I love seasons 5, 6, or 7 of any series (not x-files for seasons 6 or 7)...........it has that hint of a tired feeling but that is just our preception because we have been seeing the same aspect for 140 or so episodes. Notice how every once in awhile we can see a new place in the SGC never mentioned or seen before (the recovery room in "Orpheus") or the team members doing something different every episode (going into an elevator, the chevron dude calling out that there is an active wormhole)......so some seasons of sci-fi take themselves too seriously usually the first couple........Highlander, Buffy (compared to season 5 or 6......a lot less witty comedy) or Sg-1 before Jack got his humor (anybody notice he did not have much of one in season 1?)........so i think that it is simply a new miniscule viewpoint that they incorporated into that eppy..........they will have another ever couple episodes.

Comment

Working...
                              X