This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why no Farscape section

I know there is some kind of animosity between some fans of each series (Farscape and SG). But I am NOT one of them, I truly love and enjoy both series!.
    the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
    Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Gateworld does have a Farscape sub-site.

To be honest, i really can't figure out what's up with the farscape issue. Granted, a fair percentage of the population said the show was bad, but i really was never bothered by it's quality. Yeah, storylines were a little garbled once in a while. But overall it was ok. I guess one reason why people think farscape has issues is because of the very strong reaction fans had when the show was cancelled. Understandable. But i don't really think there's a hostility between stargate and farscape fans. At the very least i haven't noticed a hostility if there was one.

Comment

Reason :- Farscape Ended!!!

Comment

So did Trek

The reason is because of the rabid CB fans
        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
        love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
          So did Trek

The reason is because of the rabid CB fans

True. They've all but taken over the Sony Sg 1 Forum.

Comment

Any perceived "animosity" between Stargate and Farscape fans is immaterial. I decide which shows will have sub-forums, and Farscape is one of my all-time favorite shows.

In short, Farscape is not currently in production, nor are there enough threads here in the Sci-Fi folder to demonstrate that a separate folder is necessary. I wouldn't at all be opposed to one, if I was convinced it would get used enough, and used long-term (like the RPG section). And if something new went into production (movie, mini-series, series), it'd be almost a given.
            GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
            The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
            Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by Darren
              Any perceived "animosity" between Stargate and Farscape fans is immaterial. I decide which shows will have sub-forums, and Farscape is one of my all-time favorite shows.

In short, Farscape is not currently in production, nor are there enough threads here in the Sci-Fi folder to demonstrate that a separate folder is necessary. I wouldn't at all be opposed to one, if I was convinced it would get used enough, and used long-term (like the RPG section). And if something new went into production (movie, mini-series, series), it'd be almost a given.

Thats' good to hear Darren...

Hopefully they will bring FS back in some from or another (Movie, Miniseries-again, or God willing and other season). Although the way the Peacekeeper Wars played out I don't see where the show could go from there.
              the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
              Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

What'd ya mean there's no Farscape folder. It's right there under the title of Stargate Season 9!!

Comment

Originally posted by david2708
                  What'd ya mean there's no Farscape folder. It's right there under the title of Stargate Season 9!!
                  FCOL, why do you keep bringing everything to this in every thread? You don't like S9, we have the idea.

The two shows are nothing alike except for having 2 of their actors... and like many others, I enjoy both shows for their differences and particular merits.

Darren, it is possible that with the impending Syndication bringing Farscape to a new and wider audience, including SG-1 and other Sci-fi watchers, that the demand for seperate folder will rise. So, it's good to hear that if this is the case, that you'll put one in place.

Comment

In the meantime is there an official Farscape thread lurking around here or am I just blind?

Comment

Kas, it's entirely possible!
                      GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                      The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                      Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Perhaps you could make a poll and ask the members if they would like to have a folder for Farscape :s Dumb idea perhaps??
                        Lord Zedd

Comment

Hi all,

I'm a newbie to Farscape. Just started watching the DVD's this week. I have nearly finished the first season and I am enjoying it thoroughly. It'd be great to have a sub-folder to discuss eps and characters, even though my knowledge of the show is still growing.

I missed the poll regarding which sci-fi sub-folders Gateworlders would like to have on the site, gorram it! In fact, I only stumbled across it yesterday. Hopefully we can get one running for Farscape, it's a great show.

Cheers

Sig courtesy of InvisibleGirl
                          Proud to be an Aussie - the Calling all Australians thread.

My incredibly boring blog!

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix
                            True. They've all but taken over the Sony Sg 1 Forum.
                            All BUT???? I went there tonight and was horrified. There's no BUT about it. She's in like EVERY sig. In fact, it's freaky...they've surgically removed Sam and have Vala everywhere.

Don't get me wrong...I like CB. ALOT. I loved her in Farscape and started liking her as Vala (although I would want her as a recurring character not a permanent cast member). I'm one of those people who love Sam and like Vala and thoroughly resent this bizarre "if you like one you must hate the other" kind of religious fervor held by some...

As to the question of having a Farscape section...I'd personally love to see it added on to the forum. I don't get to see it anywhere anymore and it'd be my only exposure these days....

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

CB's rabid supporters will ALWAYS be around to harrass us about how we should bow down in humble worship and be almightily GRATEFUL to living gods such as Claudia and Ben for coming along and saving our pathetic, worthless little nothing of a show. Having a FS folder might help them validate each other a bit more, but they don't need a separate area to accomplish that, they're doing a fine job of it without one.

Doesn't make a lick of difference to me. I'm not into Farscape, so I wouldn't use the folder myself. But there are a number of folders I don't visit, so no big whoop.

Comment

Working...
                              X