X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forum Restructure

Hey, folks!

As you've no doubt seen, we've been busy doing some reorganizing, renaming, and new folder creation here at GateWorld Forum! For the record, all posts on the forum will now count toward your post count, with the exception of those made in the "Off-Topic Chatter" and "Testing Ground" folders.

Here's a recap of what's new and what's changed:

- "About the Forum" has been moved here to the top of the folder list, and renamed "Forum Announcements and Help." Threads in this folder are the primary way that the administrators and moderators will communicate with you, so please keep an eye on it. Don't skip past this folder when you visit the forum because it sounds boring.

This will also be the place to find "How To" instructional threads, and to seek help on anything forum-related. The "Ask the Mods" thread from the Off-Topic folder has also been restarted here.

- "Science and Tech" has been bumped up to The Gate Room category.

- Season Seven has been merged into "Seasons One to Seven," now that it has taken its final bow in U.S. syndication. (You can still find all the official episode threads in the "Season Seven Episodes" sub-folder there.)

- The "Books" sub-folder has been taken out from under "GateWorld Features" and renamed "Stargate Merchandise." This is now the forum for all Stargate-related products -- books, video games, comics, T-shirts, calendars, action figures, etc.

- We've added a new "Alternate Universes" category for all non-Stargate genre series folders. The same "General Sci-Fi and Fantasy" folder we know and love leads it off.

- Battlestar Galactica now has episode sub-folders, which will have official threads for every episode.

- Doctor Who now has a dedicated folder.

- Firefly now has a dedicated folder.

- Lost now has a dedicated folder.

- Smallville now has a dedicated folder.

- Star Trek now has a dedicated folder.

- Stargate Role-Playing now has a dedicated folder.

- "Testing Ground" has the remnant threads that were in "About the Forum" folder and didn't get moved. Use this folder for test posting, signature tests, etc. (This folder may not stick around.)

What's Still To Come?
    - Episode threads for Galactica Season One, Firefly, Lost, and Smallville Season Five still need to be created.

- Provided the new Smallville folder gets some visitors and attention, we'll finish building out the episode sub-folders for Seasons One to Four.

- We'll eventually add episode sub-folders for Doctor Who as well. (Anybody know when Season Two premieres?)

- The "Testing Ground" folder may be removed, if it becomes clear that we don't really need it.
    GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
    The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
    Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Originally posted by Darren

- Provided the new Smallville folder gets some visitors and attention, we'll finish building out the episode sub-folders for Seasons One to Four.

- We'll eventually add episode sub-folders for Doctor Who as well. (Anybody know when Season Two premieres?)
    Season Two of the new "Doctor Who" is to air sometime in the first few months of 2006, similar to Season 1.

Also just a small note, on the description for the Doctor Who section, it says "Now airing on Sky One!" - the new series of Doctor Who airs on BBC1 in the UK, not Sky One. Edit: Been Done - either before or after I wrote this.

I will be posting news on the new episodes and posting new images in the Smallville folder, so you'll be at least getting me visiting and attending to that folder.

Also, I am aware of some topics regarding DVDs and The Stargate magazine are not been moved into the merchadise folder, so shall I let a mod know so they can be moved

Nice new look to the forum - keep up the good work.
    Last edited by TheWarrior; 20 September 2005, 12:09 AM.

Comment

will you at some point be adding a charmed, buffy and angel folder? many people on the forum are fan and if lost is there i see no reason for them not to be...?
      sigpic
      You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
      Stargate : Genesis |
      Original Starship DesignThread
      Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
      11000! green me

Comment

Does anyone else think that the scifi show subforums should be child forums to the sci-fi and fantasy folder like BSG used to be?
        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
        love Torri

Comment

No. I never visited the BSG section when it was a sub-forum, but now that it's a full-fledged folder, I may check it out more. It makes it easier to see them all and there's potential for further expansion in the future.

Comment

Because those shows deal with magic and monsters whereas JJ Abrams assures us that there is a scientific explanation for everything on Lost.

Comment

Nope. I like this way much better.

While I really like BSG, I would forget to check it since I wouldn't see it unless I opened SciFi Fantasy. Having it's own space in Alternate Universes makes it much more likely that I'll pop in there.
              sigpic

Comment

Awesome job Darren. Really like the new look.
                sigpic

Comment

Go Darren Go Darren, too much for me remember but i think i will get the hang of it eventualy!

One thing, if we have a testing thread why are the "Hows my sig" thread in here?? i know you are very busy, but i was just wondering, as i do
                  Last edited by Stricken; 20 September 2005, 08:54 AM.

Comment

Thanks Darren for your time and effort.
                    Daniel: You..stupid son of a *****
                    Jack: Hey, you're welcome...

Comment

Originally posted by Darren

The site suggests the Christmas Invasion will be on Christmas Eve; no idea on Season 28.
                      Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                      - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet
                        Well spotted Mr. Prophet
                        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                        love Torri

Comment

I dont get it but i will seem stupid when i knoe!

Comment

I'd guess Mr Prophet was referring to the second season of Dr Who the original series.
                            (As against the Eccleston/Tennant revival of the show.)
                            The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS
                              I'd guess Mr Prophet was referring to the second season of Dr Who the original series.
                              (As against the Eccleston/Tennant revival of the show.)
                              That's 'continuation', not revival. Everything in between was just a delay.
                              Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                              - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Working...
                              X