Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lost S2 speculations (spoilers for both seasons)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost S2 speculations (spoilers for both seasons)

So.... New eps start on Wednesday here in the US. Anyone have ideas on what they think might happen? Or what they WANT to happen?

Might be interesting if Claire's baby was just an ordinary baby and the whole psychic thing was just a red herring. But maybe that's because I'm suffering from too many uberbabies with godlike powers that seem to be suffusing fandom of late. *sigh*

More Charlie. More Hurley. More about the numbers.

And WTF is down that hatch??

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
    Everything you ever dreamed about... and your worst nightmares.. combined!

Comment

The hatch! I really hope they don't drag that out much longer.

Personally I'd love to see more Locke, Jin and Hurley with his numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg
        Everything you ever dreamed about... and your worst nightmares.. combined!
        Oohh. Sounds like my closet

Seriously though, I'm speculating that the "monster" is just some mechanical device meant to scare folks away from the hatch and its environs.
        sigpic
        Eagles may soar free and proud, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.
        "We're not going to Guam are we?"

Comment

Originally posted by alaskannut
          Seriously though, I'm speculating that the "monster" is just some mechanical device meant to scare folks away from the hatch and its environs.
          I was thinking that as well. There was a part towards the end of the season where Locke was being dragged away by the "monster" and it did sound very mechanical.

Comment

Originally posted by Naeara
            I was thinking that as well. There was a part towards the end of the season where Locke was being dragged away by the "monster" and it did sound very mechanical.
            Unholy things happen when engineers are bored
            sigpic
            Eagles may soar free and proud, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.
            "We're not going to Guam are we?"

Comment

It was Walt they were after and not Clair’s baby so there’s probably nothing too special about Aaron. Walt on the other hand……

Yeah I’m pretty much with the idea that it’s a mechanical contraption that is programmed to protect whatever is being hidden on this island. My first crazy, stupid guess for this season is that it’s a drug factory or something since we seem to have all these Nigerian drug dealers drawn to the island. The Black Rock carried slaves that were forced to construct the underground tunnels, tracks, etc. that the security system/”monster” is now moving through. Now I’m not hoping that’s the case, but I’m tossing out that possibility anyway…..about the secret drug factory run by rednecks.

As far as what’s down the hatch…..who knows. Guess we’ll see this Wednesday.
              IMO always implied.

Comment

Ok, well when I got season 1 on dvd, I was thinking it was a government testing island... No planes or boats ever go by, thats the only thing I can think of, beacuse they are no fly zones. And for that f***ing hatch..... I dont even want to know whats in it, I watched 16 hrs none stop just to find out what was in it, and I still dont know. I dont even want to know any more.... I feel sorry for them ppl on the home made boat, but they know it was not 100% safe , but now they are lost at sea.... Thats never fun. And for the "monster", I think it was a government test gone wrong, and they locked it up there. And for them ppl that jacked the kid, I have no clue who they are, they have training so they might be government agents, after so much time on the island. They are not right in the head thats for damn sure...... Evil f***ers.... Takes ppls kids what kind of ppl are they ? evil ones

Well that all I got to say, I think my story line matchs up really good, what do you think?

Lost fan for life(or till the show ends),
                Charger(Erik)

Never forget the power of words, and how it can affect someone's life.
                Always remember there's another person on the other side of the computer.

Comment

Actually, I took the dead drug dealers to be proof that the island doesn't care who or what it captures/kills- The Secrect must be protected at all costs, and if that means killing good guys, bad guys, and people in between, then so be it.

And I still think the monster is at least partially a nanoswarm.

Comment

Originally posted by Naeara
                    Yeah. When the monster is "yelling" it sounds like the warning horn that goes off before a thrill ride at an amusement park right before it starts. I've also noticed sounds similar to a roller coaster when the car is being pulled up the first hill.
                    sigpic

Comment

Well I've been sick and resting at home for the past few days, and just got the Season 1 DVD set, and watched the whole season, lol !

I seriously doubt that the plot is as simple as a Government cover-up. There are too many supernatural type things going on in the show. The numbers, Locke being able to walk again, the fact that the survivors barely had a scratch on them, etc... . I think it's a good possibility that Aaron is a red herring, and Walt has a large part to do with the plor, since they didn't touch on it as much as the baby. I really can't form a good guess as to what is in that hatch, hope we will at least get some clues tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                        Another hatch. They'll spend they rest of S2 trying to get it open.

Okay - for real. The "monster" sure seems to be some sort of mechanical device. Nanobites might be a good guess.

When they get down the hatch I think they'll find some sort of control center. No people. The control center won't mean much to them at first but they'll gradually start figuring a few things out.

Have no idea about the numbers. Probably a key to the operation of the island but I think there's more to it than that.

I also predict

- more shirtless scenes with Jack, Sawyer, and Sayid.
                        - another death among the original "core" group
                        - continuation of the "triangle" between Kate/Jack/Sawyer (kill me now)
                        - survivors from the other half of the plane (okay, that one's easy)
                        - Vincent will find a friend of the canine variety
                        - Claire's baby will NOT be normal. Sorry.
                        Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Hmm, well I just finished watching the finale of Season 1 tonight. Few random things that I'm hopnig we find out about.

What's up with Walt's wish fulfillment? I figure that's why he was taken - maybe he can fix everythiny, who knows. Also much like there was a polar bear in Walt's spanish comic and two appeared on the island, I 'm not sure if the security system isn't something to do with him. Early on some woman in the background after the crash said she thought it sounded really familiar and in the last few episodes there's a scene with Walt playing on a gameboy or whatever and it sounds sort of similar, wouldn't that be familiar from them hearing him playing it on the plane?

I'm also figuring that maybe killing the security system could be ultimately a bad thing, that they might have been fine despite what they possibly unleashing from the hatch but with the protection dead...

But also hoping to see more of Sun, without Jin, want to learn about her life generally - and where she got all the herbal knowledge from too. Plus always want more Hurley and Charlie and the numbers. Also hoping we find out about how the others are linked, seems like Sawyer and Jack crossed paths indirectly and I'm sure there were a few others that did but I forgot about - thinking they're all linked somehow, and there seems to be that none of them were meant to be on the flight initially, but circumstances changed, or otherwise had problems getting on the flight. And want to know what happened to the tail end of the plane...

Comment

Originally posted by keshou
                            I also predict

- continuation of the "triangle" between Kate/Jack/Sawyer (kill me now)
                            I think you are going to get more than a triangle. It’s going to be some love square polygon thing cause of this new character they are tossing into the mix.

In this week’s TV Guide
                            Spoiler:
                            Ana Lucia, the one Jack met at the bar in the airport, will be new to the show. So people in the tail survive.

Other spoilers in TV Guide about new characters
                            Spoiler:
                            ”A mysterious Nigerian man living on the island.” Hmmm….guess he survived that other plane crash.

Then this “Libby” character - a therapist who first appears in episode 4. Her character description according to Carlton Cuss, “She meets problems in life with a sense of humor.” Yay. I just "love" therapists.......
                            IMO always implied.

Comment

Sounds familiar? Bronx. Coney Island. Old-fashioned roller coaster. That ratcheting noise in the finale REALLY sounded roller coaster-y to me. The whine of strained metal, perhaps, I dunno.

Jurassic Park? Nah, more like Fantasy Island (the new one) by way of Dream Park.... er... if that's the name of that scifi book I never read.

I wonder if we'll learn more about how the island manifests things... or how it gets inside people's heads. A nanoswarm could do that easily, I suppose, but to learn anything from it would be a bit more complicated.

So is it some government experiment gone awry? Or is it the last vestige of some Ancient outpost?

Comment

Working...
                              X