Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X-Men:So What Will the Beast Look Like?

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/news/articles/2265.asp

A couple new set reports from the Vancouver set of X-Men 3 give some clue as to what key elements of the film, including the Beast, will play out.
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Nice article Qasim (thanx for posting it). I met Kelsey Grammer at my families seafood restaurant (Fishermans Wharf in San Francisco) years ago, when Frasier first came on the air. He came into the our place with his wife, kids and mother in law. He bought Shrimp cocktails and clam chowder, he was so gracious, he signed anyones autograph, he was laughing and had a smile and handshake for everyone that recognized him. He even posed for a picture with his family that we have hanging on our wall now.

Patrick Stewart is someone I would love to meet someday too!.
    Last edited by the Fifth Race; 19 September 2005, 01:32 PM.
    the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
    Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

That sounds great - what is a chowder?
      gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
      so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
      love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
        That sounds great - what is a chowder?

We serve two kinds of chowder Qasim. The New England style clam chowder is a cream based soup (rather thick) with potatoes, celery, bay leaf and clams. It's a very rich and hearty soup. The other type is what some call Manhatten style clam chowder, that is basically the same rich hearty soup but it's tomato based (no cream) and we also add carrots and leeks along with the potatoes and celery.
        the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Which type did he have?
          love Torri

Comment

He had the New England clam chowder style we serve in a sourdough bread bowl (we pour the soup into a hollowed out mini sourdough bread loaf). He also ordered Bay shrimp cocktails and commented on how he like our cocktail sauce, he also had an Anchor Steam beer and we made vanilla milk shakes for his 2 young kids. Funny how I remember it so well.
            the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race
              Funny how I remember it so well.
              LOL - I doubt you remember any normal peoples orders from that time
              love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
                LOL - I doubt you remember any normal peoples orders from that time
                LOL.... only some very pretty ladies I served over the years

Fortunetly I now run the family business now, so I don't serve anything but myself
                the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Any other famous people ever come in?
                  love Torri

Comment

Alot of people over the years my friend. My great grandfather started the business (resteraunt inside and a seafood market outside) in 1908. I am the fourth generation to take it over and run it. The place is called (Guardino's Inc.) the very first business on Fishermans Wharf in San Fran so we have the corner spot (Jefferson and Taylor Sts.) which is the primest location down there.

Off the top of my head regulars that used to frequent our place were Barbara Eden (San Fran native), Bing Crosby, Mick Jagger and his son used to come eat lunch whenever he was in town. Clark Cable was regular, Candice Bergen and her father Edgar Bergin, Joe Montana, Al Jolsen, Kim Novak (loved cracked crabs), George C Scott (had a house in Sausalito), Frank Sintra, Suzanne Sommers (she mentioned my grandfather in a autobiography) even Gorbechav bought a crab coctail once to name a few. The Beastie Boys and House of Pain everytime they played in San Francisco came to party and eat seafood at our place, I actually became very close with the Beastie Boys (great guys!). We have photos of all these people eating or hanging out in the resteraunt. If I asked my Dad I'm sure he could name off quite a bit more.
                    Last edited by the Fifth Race; 19 September 2005, 02:18 PM.
                    the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Thats awesome - any chance of you posting some of those pics?
                      love Torri

Comment

Sure, for you no problem. I am currently off till Saturday (mini vacation). I will bring my Digi camera down next week and take some pics. Most likely I will have to send them to you via email.
                        the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Thanks a lot
                          love Torri

Comment

Working...
                          X