This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pro-Jaffa Story Thread

I am seriously loving the Jaffa storyline..and it just keeps getting better and better. It's one of the deepest stories in SG-1 history. From the division between Jaffa..to the new Jaffa nation becoming much like the beings theyw ere once enslaved by. There are just so many great dynamics to it.

Anyone else like it?
    It feels good to be alive.
    Cause i've been dead for so long.

I like it fine. I wouldn’t want it to be the main storyline or anything but I think they can do some interesting things... of course they can also do some highly annoying things too. I still like Bra'tec a lot though and I am intrigued by the new female Jaffa on the console.
    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Yea..... If Derek wasn't a leader!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Erised
        Yea..... If Derek wasn't a leader!!!
        WTF?!!1

I thought it was Gerald?
        Sam: Looks like an untouched paradise
        Teal’c: Appearances may be deceiving
        Jack: One man’s ceiling is another man’s floor
        Daniel: A fool’s paradise is a wise man’s hell
        Jack: Never run with scissors?

Comment

Originally posted by Gary83uk
          WTF?!!1

I thought it was Gerald?
          Dont let them fool you. Its Bob.
          Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

What?

Comment

it's gerak. personally i hate the jaffa. 8 years of it is enough. i like where they're going.

Comment

Originally posted by NakedJehutyV2
                it's gerak. personally i hate the jaffa. 8 years of it is enough. i like where they're going.
                Are you kidding me? Do you know how many fans tptb would p*** off if they totally abandoned the Jaffa storyline? A whole bunch, me included. Throughout this entire show, Teal'c, all alone at first, was fighting against the slavery his people had to endure at the hands of the goa'uld. Finally others came around, slowly, and over several seasons. Finally, they are a free people (well, kinda, for those who have seen the new episodes). There is a lot left to explore with the Jaffa, and I for one hope tptb keep telling their stories. Yeah, I don't need to see it every week, but I don't think that will be the case.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

who or what is TPTB?

Comment

The Powers that Be...

Gateworld slang for creators of the show.

Comment

I started a thread a while back about how boring the Jaffa nation building has been. I did, however like the mid-season finale. I agree that the Jaffa are an integral part of the SG story. Maybe the Jaffa could start a gate command and start going on their own exploratory missions. After all, some were trained in things other than combat. I bet the SGC would not like that threat. Could make for some interesting eps.

Comment

Originally posted by wikeja
                        I started a thread a while back about how boring the Jaffa nation building has been. I did, however like the mid-season finale. I agree that the Jaffa are an integral part of the SG story. Maybe the Jaffa could start a gate command and start going on their own exploratory missions. After all, some were trained in things other than combat. I bet the SGC would not like that threat. Could make for some interesting eps.
                        I'm guessing the Jaffa..at least a large chunk of them along with the council will be Orii troops. (probably why the Orii chose to take them)

But we will also see a resistance movement within the Jaffa nation. Basically..I think the Jaffa nation will be split and war'ing factions.
                        It feels good to be alive.
                        Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

I don't know if I can say I love seeing the Jaffa but I think it's important that they're dealing with it. If they weren't I'd be annoyed.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

I like Gerak, they need someone who can really screw things up. Jack's gone to make decisions that other characters don't like. We need to fill his void with other people who cause problems. Other than that though, I didn't mind the Jaffa storyline, Gerak's taken over (spoiler highlight) and is now a prior its just cool like that. But i find it interesting how we just take it that Gerak is convincing many Jaffa about Origin, whereas the Priors are getting rejected many times. Is Lou Gossett Jr. really that charismatic, he kinda creeps me out with his... creepiness.

Comment

I'm definitely PRO-Jaffa. I don't get why some Stargate fans dismiss the Jaffa story as 'boring' or whatever. It's really an interesting plot; and not only that, the Jaffa/Gould has been apart of SG1's story since the very first episode if Season 1. It has earned it's place in SG1's storyline.

Comment

Working...
                              X