Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Braga Thinks Viewer Fatigue Doomed 'Enterprise'

http://www.trektoday.com/news/190905_01.shtml

Brannon Braga said that after many years on Star Trek, he is excited to be working in a more contemporary science fiction setting, though he still believes that Enterprise was producing solid episodes.

"I used to be asked why Star Trek was so popular and now I'm being asked why Star Trek is going away," the former Enterprise executive producer told Star Trek Magazine
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

B&B really don't get it do they? It was B&B Fatigue that killed ST - if they hadn't bled the franchise for all it was worth, there might still be Trek...and it might be great...

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
    "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

I don't think he realizes that the show was just BAD.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
        I don't think he realizes that the show was just BAD.
        Indeed - I am amazed that a story like this comes out every week
        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
        love Torri

Comment

It's the blame game again. It's always someone else's fault besides yours... I wonder if he's a long lost relative of mine? Reminds me of my sister.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

I have to say, i rarely watch(ed) enterprise, but i watched (what i assume to be) the 1st ep of S4on T4 the other day. The one where they go back in time to 1944 and some alien's in charge of the nazi's! That was my first problem, it was just plain ridiculous!! Secondly, it wasn't trek. It was like....a generic sci-fi/action film. Like any Arnold Swarzenegger film set in space except it had the guy from Quantum Leap speaking in broken english! (either that or i chose to ignore what he was saying...) It was trully awful.

Sorry buddy, but you are so wrong.

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

What doomed Enterprise and Star Trek, two words, Rick Berman! That my opinion and I'm stickin to it
              sigpic

Comment

Brannon Braga is an idiot...

I'm not 100 percent happy with the boys at the bridge just now, but at the very least they're competent and know what to do...The Killer Bs don't have a clue and blame their own short-comings on the fans.
                sigpic
                Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

what sent the trek enterprise down the slippery slope was the 'focus on my girlfriend' mess that was voyager's last seasons and a simple lack of story telling, coupled with a focus on sex and mediocre characters in enterprise put the final nails in the coffin

they got lazy. they counted on 30 years of fans to blindly follow them, no matter how crappy they wrote

they didn't take into account that when tng started, scifi shows were rare, now they're a lot more populous and popular. fans have more choices and aren't afraid to exercise them
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Excuses for his own failure....

I find telling that when he stepped away and Manny Coto took the reigns, Season 4 actually got pretty damned good (too late, alas).

Comment

When in doubt, blame the fans? Seems like an awfully dangerous thing to do, especially if you ever plan to woo those fans back to anything else.

Not surprised, though. I don't think I've ever seen a PTB admit "Yeah, we fracked up and got our show killed. Sorry, guys."

Comment

I liked Enterprise in season three when they had stuff to do (Find the Zindi weapon and destroy it) but all the other stories in the show were one-offs and kind of boring. They needed a continuing storyline to keep me interested. For example Voyager had the whole we have to get home thing. Stargate has the whole we have to find tech and kill the Goa'ulds. Enterprise had nothing and as a result just got boring.

Anyway now i'm kind of keen to go and re-watch season three of Enterprise.
                        "They dyed me this colour!"
                        Ossie Davis
                        Bubba Ho-tep

Comment

I saw Season 4 as "buildup to the Romulan War" and "Founding of the Federation", and was disappointd not to get to see the arc playued out.

Comment

sorry Mr. Braga, but viewer fatigue from too many...low quality...scripts was what doomed Enterprise, not 30 yrs of preexisting trek
                            sigpic
                            Eagles may soar free and proud, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.
                            "We're not going to Guam are we?"

Comment

I enjoyed most of Enterprise, espeically season 3 and 4, except for the series finale, which was probably the worst trek episode ever.

Comment

Working...
                              X