• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SG1/SGA to appear at San Diego's Comic Con

From PR Newswire:

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/st...2004,+03:03+PM

MGM Television Entertainment Brings Star Power to Comic Con 2004

The Casts of Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis and Dead Like Me to Mingle With Fans at Annual Gathering

LOS ANGELES, July 6 /PRNewswire/ -- Fans attending this year's Comic Con convention in San Diego are in for an unprecedented treat, as stars of television's longest-running sci-fi series, Stargate SG-1 (tied with
    The X-Files), will introduce fans to the genre's newest stars, the principal cast of Stargate Atlantis, at a special panel presentation beginning at 11:30
    am on Saturday, July 24. Stargate SG-1 cast members confirmed to attend the convention include series stars Michael Shanks, Amanda Tapping and Christopher Judge, who will be joined onstage by series creator Brad Wright and executive producer Rob Cooper.

Immediately following the SG-1 panel, attendees will meet the stars of Stargate Atlantis, Joe Flanigan, Torri Higginson, Rainbow Sun Francks, Rachel Luttrell and David Hewlett, who will be joined by director Martin Woods. This back-to-back panel presentation is an unprecedented opportunity for Stargate fans to hear from the stars and creative executives behind both series. Then, at 3:00 pm on Saturday, stars of both series will meet fans and sign autographs at Comic Con's designated "autograph site."

Stargate Atlantis will premiere on SCI FI CHANNEL with a special two-hour movie event beginning at 9:00 pm on Friday, July 16, and will settle into its regular timeslot at 10:00 pm the following Friday, July 23. The Eighth Season premiere of Stargate SG-1 will take place at 9:00 pm on Friday, July 23.

From 11:00 am to noon on Sunday, July 25, Ellen Muth and Callum Blue, two young stars of the company's critically-acclaimed Showtime series Dead Like Me, will be featured in a panel where they will answer questions from fans of the darkly comic series about life after death. The stars of all three series
    will sign autographs for fans visiting the MGM booth at Comic Con; Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis stars will appear at the booth throughout the day
    on Saturday, and Dead Like Me stars will appear immediately following their panel presentation on Sunday.

Dead Like Me, which critics have called "Insistently irreverent" (People Magazine), "Frisky, freaky and funny" (Daily Variety), and "Robust and original" (L.S. Times), will premiere its second season on Showtime at 10:00 pm on Saturday, July 25.

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

SG1-Spoilergate
    http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/SG1-Spoilergate/

Richard Dean Anderson Fans
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rdandersonfans/

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

Hmmm...let's see...seven hour drive to San Diego...hmmm...
    Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
    O'Neill: Who doesn't?
    - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
    - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
    once done, cannot be undone...
    brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

Please forgive me going off at a tangent but there will also be another important event at the san diego comic con - the release of a new Elfquest graphic novel!!!

folks please say hello to richard and wendy - if wendy is there - she's just had a hip replacement !!!

Do PR for SG! yes but dont forget there will be other creators there!

If any EG fans get a chance please ask the SG pros especially the producers to look at Warp Graphics stall - wendy 's been trying for decades to have an EQ animated feature and had a lot of bad luck!!!

IF we could get someone like RDA converted to be an EQ fan ...?

I will now runaway before the non EQ fan scream off topic !!!

P>S> also look for Donna Barr's quirky work

and frank Cho's work cos oneof Monkey boys characters is Oscar the dachshund
      a really stupid reason for a plug yes !

Ijust recently encountered Liberty Meadows !
      Keep the science in SciFi!

Comment

AAAAUUUUGGGHHHH!!!!! *beats head against keyboard*

Not fair, not fair at all! I hope David, at least, pops in to harrass us all at Gatecon... *sigh*

Comment

Has anyone here been to Comic Con?? I hear it's just a madhouse, with thousands and thousands of people who attend.

What a great lineup to see all the Stargate group, I envy those of you who are going!
          Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

I was going to go one year. I think I may even have bought a ticket. But then I found out about Gatecon and opted for that instead. Unfortunately, I can't do both. *sigh*

Comment

I've been. It is nuts. But there's so much to do! And so many people to look at! People dress up as any and everything. It's great!! I may have to go this year...!

Comment

its pure madness i tell you madness then there rooms fills up and you dont even get to enter and they leave !!! top it all off they never get to you when you want to ask a question there is madness i say madness but is soooo cooollllll luv the comic con if any one is going ill see you there muahahah

ancient-archangemon out

Comment

Hey I am unable to go to the comic con I was wondering if you could get me a personalized autograph from Amanda Tapping , Christopher Judge, and Michael Shanks I already have Richard Dean Andersons autograph. Could you try . If it is free or just get me some Stargate SG-1 freebies if it costs something for autographs. This would really mean alot to me.

thanks

Cassondra Wright

Comment

I'm not actually going to the convention. No money...

I'm just sharing the news about it.

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                    Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

I know that you are just giving the info about it I was just putting it up for the people that are going like ancient archangemon.

Respectfully

Cassondra Wright

Comment

I just would like somebody to reply to the message I posted

Comment

Originally posted by neith4
                          Please forgive me going off at a tangent but there will also be another important event at the san diego comic con - the release of a new Elfquest graphic novel!!!

folks please say hello to richard and wendy - if wendy is there - she's just had a hip replacement !!!

Do PR for SG! yes but dont forget there will be other creators there!

If any EG fans get a chance please ask the SG pros especially the producers to look at Warp Graphics stall - wendy 's been trying for decades to have an EQ animated feature and had a lot of bad luck!!!

IF we could get someone like RDA converted to be an EQ fan ...?

I will now runaway before the non EQ fan scream off topic !!!
                          OMG. Big fat FanGirl SQUEE for that. The first thing I ever bought at Comicon was ElfQuest, the first time around. (Yes, that long ago.) I'm SUCH a HUGE fan. I'm even more excited about going now.
                          Webbgirl
                          Keeper of Major Davis' Office Supplies

Webbgirl's Hangouts
                          My Livejournal

Comment

Originally posted by Cassondra
                            Hey I am unable to go to the comic con I was wondering if you could get me a personalized autograph from Amanda Tapping , Christopher Judge, and Michael Shanks I already have Richard Dean Andersons autograph. Could you try . If it is free or just get me some Stargate SG-1 freebies if it costs something for autographs. This would really mean alot to me.

thanks

Cassondra Wright
                            It's pretty rare that they'll do personalized autos at these things, but if they're allowing more than one sig, I'll give it a shot for you.
                            Webbgirl
                            Keeper of Major Davis' Office Supplies

Webbgirl's Hangouts
                            My Livejournal

Comment

Originally posted by Webbgirl
                              It's pretty rare that they'll do personalized autos at these things, but if they're allowing more than one sig, I'll give it a shot for you.
                              Thank you so much I really appreciate it webgirl

your friend
                              Cassondra

Comment

Working...
                              X