Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ori need more power? 9x10(4th horesmen) spoilers!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ori need more power? 9x10(4th horesmen) spoilers!

sure we only just learnt that the ori are lieing to their follower, and are realy sucking "energy" from the people who worship them. And sure we know almost nothing about the ascended plain at all.

But why are the Ori sucking energy from their followers? and in what form is this energy. Energy at least as we know it comes in forms either electrical, kinetic, heat, light, raditaion, electromagnetic and so on. so what exactly are they taking from these people maybe an unknown energy or maybe it might be the energy that the ancients actully turn into a life force? and what is the effect on the followers? if something is being taken from them why dont they feel it? why dont they know. one answer might be because they take so little of it they dont notice and thats why they need so many people to follow them so no one will know that something is being taken and rebel.

What does this energy do for the? they dont need it otherwise the alterans would need it to. so is it like a drug to them? is it for plesure? if it is to help them fight the alterans how would it help?

sure some of these question can't be answered at the moment and slowly revealing stuff like this is a way to keep the show alive for a long time. i am basicly just asking what everyone else thinks based on the shows history what will happen and how stuff like this might be answered?

maybe their chi

Comment

If both alterans (Ancient) and Ori were once the same people, but Ori follow religion and alterans follow sicence.

The Ori probaby has the same amount of energy as the ascended alterans but they discover an extra source of energy from human worship.
      The Ascended alterans doesn't want the temptation of human worship, that's why they ignore mortal.

When Oma and Anubis fought each other, Anubis siad " she can't win", because they have the same amount of energy ,but he can't do anything else when they are fighting.They both lock into an eternal struggle.
      But now i know why Anubis want to destory all life and restart the universe again in his image, because if everybody worship him then he will have more energy than the other Ancients.

Comment

maybe they want to grow stronger to beat the alterrans. or to overpower their protection over other galaxies

Comment

Maybe they are just greedy, the Ori are a strange sort, they were willing to attack the Ancients, I refuse to say it, but Ancients weren't willing to fight back, the Ori are probably just immoral.

Comment

As I suspected, the writers are Dungeons and Dragons fans. The Ori are based on the DnD pantheon.

Comment

What about Chaya from that Atlantis episode? Does she "draw power" from the people on her planet that worship her? Could she be an Orii?

Edit: Yarr matey!

Comment

Originally posted by Beal
                What about Chaya from that Atlantis episode? Does she "draw power" from the people on her planet that worship her? Could she be an Orii?

That is a REALLY good catch.

Stargate continuity screws up again!

Comment

If i recall correctly, Chaya personally posed as the high priestess, so perhaps she wasn't receiving the energy boost from the worship. Also, there seems to be a huge gulf between Origin and the respect/love from that planet, since the process is 'complicated', maybe she doesn't draw energy.

Or maybe she does and this explains her ability to manifest physically yet still be ascended (or was she an Ancient who simply descended and re-ascended as she chose ?)

Though come to think of it, obviously prior to contact with Daniel the Orii were less powerful (the 'others' were able to hide entire galaxies from them). This may be in part due to their numerous 'ancestor' worshippers in the Pegasus galaxy or maybe there are more 'others' than Orii.

The biggest revelation to come out of the 4th Horseman (i was unspoiled, so they still are revelations to me) was that the Ancients/others aren't sure if they can take on the Orii anymore. So the Orii must be powering up to some point where they won't have to worry about the others anymore and take direct action.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Buddha
                    That is a REALLY good catch.

Stargate continuity screws up again!
                    Not necessarily, though I admit they're unlikely to explain it, doesn't mean there isn't an in canon explanation. Whether or not it's just something they never thought of is another matter, but maybe it's explainable with canon anyway. When they first mentioned the worship thing I too got thinking of Chaya and her worshippers.

Could it be that she is limited by the other Ancients as an outcast but of course allowed to protect the planet directly, as her punishment, due to the power their worship gives her - wider powers stripped but still retaining the small amount of power she needs for her duties. What if the reason she can't do anything else for Atlantis or take in other people is because she'd no longer have enough power to protect over all of them and provide the longlife and good health the inhabitants have. Probably not a good theory, but it's the best I have at 3am.

Or maybe there's a conscious choice needed to take advantage of the power from worshippers, the Ori choosing it and the Ancients/Alterians, just not, even when there might be some. After all many Pegasus planets refer to Ancients as Ancestors and revere them, almost seems like worship to me...

Comment

Originally posted by Purpleyin
                      Not necessarily, though I admit they're unlikely to explain it, doesn't mean there isn't an in canon explanation. Whether or not it's just something they never thought of is another matter, but maybe it's explainable with canon anyway. When they first mentioned the worship thing I too got thinking of Chaya and her worshippers.

Could it be that she is limited by the other Ancients as an outcast but of course allowed to protect the planet directly, as her punishment, due to the power their worship gives her - wider powers stripped but still retaining the small amount of power she needs for her duties. What if the reason she can't do anything else for Atlantis or take in other people is because she'd no longer have enough power to protect over all of them and provide the longlife and good health the inhabitants have. Probably not a good theory, but it's the best I have at 3am.

Or maybe there's a conscious choice needed to take advantage of the power from worshippers, the Ori choosing it and the Ancients/Alterians, just not, even when there might be some. After all many Pegasus planets refer to Ancients as Ancestors and revere them, almost seems like worship to me...
                      Well said
                      I doubt my sanity; then again I doubt yours as well!

Comment

Originally posted by sandyer
                        Well said
                        I must concur.
                        sigpic
                        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                        "...phu...ah..."
                        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by sandyer
                          Well said
                          Agreed

I think the most canon explanation for ther ori getting power off worshipers is Magnets

Magnets cause everything
                          The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

Originally posted by Purpleyin

I'll state now that I haven't seen the episode in question (stupid satellite), but I'm a spoiler junkie, so I'd like to think I'm fairly aware of what happens. Please correct any wrong information.

The Ancients have the no-interference policy because they don't want to get drunk with the power of being worshipped. If they could "turn off" recieving power, then they could interfere as they so desired without the fear of being sucked in. The rule could just be "never accept worship energy". Chaya was considered the goddess of her planet, and so she more than likely was worshipped as such. Considering the extent of the Ori's "fanbase", it probably takes quite a few worshippers to make a noticible difference. This could be the reasoning behind prohibiting Chaya from protecting outsiders. Sure she gets worshipped, but with it such a small population, it's not enough to significantly empower her.

But then we have the majority (or so it seems) of the Pegasus galaxy revering the Ancients as the Ancestors. We know that the Athosians in fact worship them to some extent (A prayer is offered up in "38 minutes"). The question is if other groups worship them as well. The Pegasus galaxy could be a decent-sized worship-battery for the Ancients.

This doesn't strike me as a series destroying plot blackhole, but I think they might have forgotten to take a few Atlantis details into consideration.

I wonder if Kheb-seeking counts as Ancient worship.
                            Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Originally posted by Beal

We don't know if Chaya created Athar or if those people were already worshipping Athar before she came. If the people on that planet were already worshipping Athar before Chaya came then she receives no direct devotion from those people.

Comment

Working...
                              X