PDA

View Full Version : Decide the fate of the episode tourney thread

Skydiver
September 17th, 2005, 07:08 PM
1.) "Close This Thread Permanently/Don't Open A New One: This tournament was Katerine's baby, and I can't imagine it going on without her in any capacity. Anyway, Katerine could come back one day, and when she does, we can continue from where she left off."

2.) "Close This Thread/Open A New Thread/Start Tournament From The Beginning: Someone else can take over the job, and we can work from scratch without infringing on Katerine's project."

3.) "Close This Thread/Open A New Thread/Continue Tournament From Last Round: Someone else can take over the job, but we won't have to worry about going through a thousand rounds again."

4.) "Wait Until October 2nd To Take Any Action: Let's give Katerine some more time before we make any hasty (and permanent) decisions."

Also, someone wanted to know if you could add this little note at the bottom of the poll. If not, that's perfectly fine. I didn't think it was all that necessary to begin with.

Note: The option of continuing the tournament in this thread is not proposed because the person who takes over the job will not be able to edit Katherine's first post.

Skydiver
September 17th, 2005, 07:13 PM
Here's the poll, and the options are explained on the first post. I have it set to close 2 days from now (now being 10pm central daylight time sept 17th, which should cover all the duration of the 18th through all the time zones)

The poll will close automatically so i would urge all those who with to express their opinion to do so at their earliest convenience.

once the poll is closed, i will close the thread and unstick it so that it will drop off the first page, yet will still be part of the forum

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
September 17th, 2005, 07:13 PM
Voted for: Wait Until October 2nd To Take Any Action
Thread should be open for as long as humanly possible.

Seshat
September 17th, 2005, 07:20 PM
Cool, a poll!! Never occurred to me to settle the question with a poll. :p
After 54 rounds...:S...I voted for option 3. :D

SimilarCadence
September 17th, 2005, 07:33 PM
I voted for option 3 as well. Hope we can start from where we left off----the idea of starting from the very beginning is daunting! (And I'm not getting any younger.....:p)

da_hippie
September 18th, 2005, 02:41 AM
I voted for option 3, otherwise, this debate is gonna go on for ages before a definitive decision is made. But don't worry Seshat, should this tournament get ended or postponed, I have another similar idea in mind for another tournament.

Qasim
September 18th, 2005, 03:23 AM
What happened to Katerine?

da_hippie
September 18th, 2005, 04:48 AM
We don't know. The last time she logged on was 18th August. She left no indication that she was leaving and since then, no-one's been able to get in contact with her. She's disappeared.

Qtyled
September 18th, 2005, 05:04 AM
I was split between 3 and 4, but since I cant see Katrine coming back sudenly within that time I ended up with 3 :(

SG1Poz
September 18th, 2005, 12:32 PM
I vote for 3. It's taken so long to get to this point and I would fear that many would become bored and ignore the thread if we began all over again.

Poz

the dancer of spaz
September 18th, 2005, 01:43 PM
Thanks so much for your votes, guys!!! :D

Now... Does anyone know where the original thread went? :confused: :D

Qasim
September 18th, 2005, 01:47 PM
Now... Does anyone know where the original thread went? :confused: :Dhttp://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=12889

knocknashee
September 18th, 2005, 02:21 PM
I voted for 3, cos I think the idea is a good one...though I think there could be better ways to organise it...

Just MHO...

Lucreleia
September 18th, 2005, 03:01 PM
Please don't kill me... but i've voted for nš 2 :o

I would like the opportunity to participate from the beginning, but of course that I understand the reasons not to... so, let majority decide!

nell
September 18th, 2005, 03:17 PM
Option 3.

SG1Poz
September 18th, 2005, 03:31 PM
Denise I think it was a good idea to have this poll up for two days. The response so far today is very disappointing IMHO. . Maybe due to it being the weekend?

Poz

undomesticated_equine
September 18th, 2005, 05:19 PM
I also voted for option three. While I wouldn't mind beginning again (I missed quite a few of the first rounds), I believe it would take too long. We still have so much left to do! :)

L-JADE
September 18th, 2005, 06:09 PM
I choose number 2 like Lucreleia. Because while I understand some of us don't want to start over. I really like the opportunity to vote from the beginning, plus the people who currently vote are more diverse therefore the vote would be more acurate. But hey, majority rules!

SG1Poz, as I vote there's 61 votes already, there's more than average voting in Katerine's thread... (around 50-ish every round) so I guess we're OK, we get as many people (who cares) to vote as possible.

the dancer of spaz
September 18th, 2005, 11:10 PM
64 votes? Not bad! Not bad at all. :P

I'm hoping for 75 before it's all said and done. ;)

L-JADE
September 18th, 2005, 11:38 PM
What bothers me is that there's 22 people who wants to wait until Oct 2. There's 30% of all voters, too big a number to be ignored/not heard, IMHO :(

CatGoddess
September 19th, 2005, 07:18 AM
64 votes? Not bad! Not bad at all. :P

I'm hoping for 75 before it's all said and done. ;)

You've got your 75... ;)

the dancer of spaz
September 19th, 2005, 08:42 AM
77?! Very cool.

So, L-JADE, I understand what you're saying here. There's an overwhelmingly large number of people who want to wait... :S

Lucreleia
September 19th, 2005, 08:50 AM
I choose number 2 like Lucreleia. Because while I understand some of us don't want to start over. I really like the opportunity to vote from the beginning, plus the people who currently vote are more diverse therefore the vote would be more acurate. But hey, majority rules!

Thanks L-Jade!!! I'm not feeling so lonely now... :p
I know that we won't win, but at least we tried..... :)

Seshat
September 19th, 2005, 09:24 AM
What bothers me is that there's 22 people who wants to wait until Oct 2. There's 30% of all voters, too big a number to be ignored/not heard, IMHO :(
The whole point of voting is to come to a decision through "majority rules", not "unanimous conclusion".

the dancer of spaz
September 19th, 2005, 10:16 AM
The whole point of voting is to come to a decision through "majority rules", not "unanimous conclusion".

That's true. But 8 votes (at this time) isn't a very large gap to close, in the grand scheme of things...

da_hippie
September 19th, 2005, 11:16 AM
That's true. But 8 votes (at this time) isn't a very large gap to close, in the grand scheme of things...
8 votes is about 10% of the whole thing (ATM), which I think is enough to differentiate the two. Also, remember that this poll was done to settle the fate, not narrow it down. Whichever wins, wins.

the dancer of spaz
September 19th, 2005, 11:42 AM
8 votes is about 10% of the whole thing (ATM), which I think is enough to differentiate the two. Also, remember that this poll was done to settle the fate, not narrow it down. Whichever wins, wins.

Agreed.

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
September 19th, 2005, 04:42 PM
For your information, poll closes in 2 Hours, 28 Minutes

L-JADE
September 19th, 2005, 06:35 PM
Is the poll closed already ? there's 81 vote there (ATM) WOOHOO!! way more than average voter per round (50-ish) so I guess we can predict the outcome ...

Still it bothers me that 29 out of 81 vote would rather wait. And the poster in this poll is only 27 posts (mostly a repeat posters) so we don't know who'd rather wait and who'd like to continue, I hope that the outcome would not make those who vote number 4 stay away from the "new" Tournament tread *crossing my fingers* BIG THANKS for everyone who vote, you know who you are .. ;)

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
September 19th, 2005, 06:38 PM
For your information, Poll closes in 32 minutes

keshou
September 19th, 2005, 06:56 PM
I voted, although I feel kind of guilty since I wasn't participating in the last several rounds of the tournament. (Decided to take a break from the forum.) :)

However, this tournament was always one of my favorite threads to participate in. I enjoyed reading why people were voting (or not voting) for certain episodes and it was a fun way to revisit earlier seasons of the show. :D

So I voted to start the tournament up again, starting where it left off. It would be WAY too tedious to go thru all those earlier rounds again. And probably not much would change.

Good time to start it back up with the shows heading into reruns. The thread will probably get more participation. :)

If Katerine comes back - the thread can always be handed back over to her. I hope she's okay. :confused:

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
September 19th, 2005, 07:00 PM
poll closes in 10 minutes!!!!

Lucreleia
September 19th, 2005, 07:09 PM
I agree that it should be "majority rules".

I voted for 2, but if I should choose between 3 and 4, I go for 3.
So, if you need an off-poll vote, you have mine!

Lucrecia

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
September 19th, 2005, 07:12 PM
I voted for 4 and I wouldn't change it.

SG1Poz
September 19th, 2005, 07:13 PM
Closed now right? So now that we know the outcome, any idea when the thread will be back up and running?

Poz

the dancer of spaz
September 19th, 2005, 09:26 PM
Well, now someone needs to definitely confirm that they will run the poll from here on out.

And a vice-so-and-so should also be confirmed, in case the head person is unable to carry out the duties for any extended length of time...

Lord knows we don't want to go through THIS again... ;)

da_hippie
September 19th, 2005, 09:54 PM
I offered to take over it, and so did Celsius. He's had more experience than me, so I'm happy for him to do it. However, if he would rather me do it, I'm still up for it.

htnwahs
September 20th, 2005, 03:33 AM
I didnt get the chance to vote, but I support the majority in this decision.

Cant wait for it to start again.