This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Decide the fate of the episode tourney thread

1.) "Close This Thread Permanently/Don't Open A New One: This tournament was Katerine's baby, and I can't imagine it going on without her in any capacity. Anyway, Katerine could come back one day, and when she does, we can continue from where she left off."

2.) "Close This Thread/Open A New Thread/Start Tournament From The Beginning: Someone else can take over the job, and we can work from scratch without infringing on Katerine's project."

3.) "Close This Thread/Open A New Thread/Continue Tournament From Last Round: Someone else can take over the job, but we won't have to worry about going through a thousand rounds again."

4.) "Wait Until October 2nd To Take Any Action: Let's give Katerine some more time before we make any hasty (and permanent) decisions."

Also, someone wanted to know if you could add this little note at the bottom of the poll. If not, that's perfectly fine. I didn't think it was all that necessary to begin with.

Note: The option of continuing the tournament in this thread is not proposed because the person who takes over the job will not be able to edit Katherine's first post.
    Close This Thread Permanently/Don't Open A New One:
    9.64%
    Close This Thread/Open A New Thread/Start Tournament From The Beginning
    9.64%
    Close This Thread/Open A New Thread/Continue Tournament From Last Round
    45.78%
    Wait Until October 2nd To Take Any Action
    34.94%

The poll is expired.

Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Here's the poll, and the options are explained on the first post. I have it set to close 2 days from now (now being 10pm central daylight time sept 17th, which should cover all the duration of the 18th through all the time zones)

The poll will close automatically so i would urge all those who with to express their opinion to do so at their earliest convenience.

once the poll is closed, i will close the thread and unstick it so that it will drop off the first page, yet will still be part of the forum
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Voted for: Wait Until October 2nd To Take Any Action
      Thread should be open for as long as humanly possible.
      sigpic

Comment

Cool, a poll!! Never occurred to me to settle the question with a poll.
        After 54 rounds......I voted for option 3.

Comment

I voted for option 3 as well. Hope we can start from where we left off----the idea of starting from the very beginning is daunting! (And I'm not getting any younger.....)

Comment

I voted for option 3, otherwise, this debate is gonna go on for ages before a definitive decision is made. But don't worry Seshat, should this tournament get ended or postponed, I have another similar idea in mind for another tournament.
            * Always remember - You are unique, just like everyone else. *

* Avoid employing unlucky people, throw half of the CVs in the bin without reading them. *

Lost City, Part 2 - The Gateworld best ep S1-7

The 'Everyone Gets A Compliment' Thread

Comment

What happened to Katerine?
              gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
              so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
              love Torri

Comment

We don't know. The last time she logged on was 18th August. She left no indication that she was leaving and since then, no-one's been able to get in contact with her. She's disappeared.
                * Always remember - You are unique, just like everyone else. *

* Avoid employing unlucky people, throw half of the CVs in the bin without reading them. *

Lost City, Part 2 - The Gateworld best ep S1-7

The 'Everyone Gets A Compliment' Thread

Comment

I was split between 3 and 4, but since I cant see Katrine coming back sudenly within that time I ended up with 3

Comment

I vote for 3. It's taken so long to get to this point and I would fear that many would become bored and ignore the thread if we began all over again.

Poz

Comment

Thanks so much for your votes, guys!!!

Now... Does anyone know where the original thread went?

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                        Now... Does anyone know where the original thread went?
                        http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=12889
                        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                        love Torri

Comment

I voted for 3, cos I think the idea is a good one...though I think there could be better ways to organise it...

Just MHO...

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
                          "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

Please don't kill me... but i've voted for nº 2

I would like the opportunity to participate from the beginning, but of course that I understand the reasons not to... so, let majority decide!
                            Courses that I would most definitively take at the Stargate University:

Ascension, Descension and the importance of flags, by Dr. Daniel Jackson
                            (Thanks to Merentha for proposing it!)

Comment

Option 3.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X