Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We now know why the Ancients lost to Wraith---Spoilers!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We now know why the Ancients lost to Wraith---Spoilers!!

--Spoilers--

Thanks to the new SG-1 episode "The Fourth Horseman" we now know that the Alterans/Ancients left their home galaxy because of a civil war with the Ori and they didn't want to fight. It now makes perfect sense that although the Alterans favored science they were only interested in using science for the advancement towards Ascension. You can't possibly defeat an enemy like the wraith when your train of thought is like that. Its like the asguard with all their tech having no way of defeating the Replicators but along comes the "less evolved" tauri thinking simply and saving races far more advanced.

Obviously the ancients just didn't want to fight ... I've been thinking of this for a while ... and if jack can create a replicator buster in about ten seconds and if they can build a giant flying city ... obviously technology wasn't their problem. Your right.

What really annoys me is when people say maybe the ancients didn't have transporter technology like the asgard do ... i personally think they just chose not to use it ... like simplyfying your life in order to draw closer to yourself (trying to ascend).

But that was off topic ... I agree the ancients lost to the wraith because they wanted to lose ... they were to preoccupied with accention to really care what happened.
    Join Me, And Together, We Can Rule The Galaxy!!!

Comment

The war lasted for almost 100 years. i really dont think acension
      cause the defeat of ancients. They just lost!

Comment

I think it was overwhelming numbers. I mean, it's obvious that the Ancients could kick butt with their tech, but with too many to fight, it doesn't matter how good you are.
        'Nou ani anquietus' - 'We are the Ancients:’ teachers of roads and builders of the 'gate.

Comment

You know, it almost wouldn't surprise me if the writers change 60 hive ships to
          millions of hive ship active in Pgalaxy.

Comment

Just because they fought doesn’t mean they put their heart into it. Remember, the whole point seeding human was preserving their race from the plaque. So the goal is to preserve the race, not kill of accidental bug/human spawn. When another mean to survive become possible, aka ascension, they just simply said, screw it, not worth the effort.

That being said, if Atlantis was an Ori city (pre ascension of course), i have the feeling wraith would be extinct now.

Comment

I'm pretty sure the wraith encounter or fought against "Khalek" type ancient. Then again, they probably overwhelm them with numbers.

Comment

The Orii & Alteran Civil War occured probably millions of years prior to the Ancient-Wraith War.

1. When the Orii & Alteran War took place, they were still humans. They had not become "Ancient" yet. Plus, they only had 1 ship then. They landed in some galaxy (presumably ours) and prospered there.

2. The Wraith-Ancient War marked the downfall of the Ancient empire. The plague devastated their empire and the Wraith were way too much to handle.

Comment

Originally posted by EyeStrain
                  I'm pretty sure the wraith encounter or fought against "Khalek" type ancient. Then again, they probably overwhelm them with numbers.
                  If bunch of normal humans with guns can overwhelm and defeat Khalek, the wraith can do it as well.

And Khalek is probably a lot more ruthless and aggressive then your average ancient.

Comment

from Siege Part1
                    Sheppard: The ancients could win almost every battle but they saw no way to win the war.

Comment

Dimeron, the wraith use stunners, which are energy weapons. Energy is probably easier to defend against for psychi powers, multiple fast movie objects.

Comment

You know I think the anchients didn't want to fight, They had the power to win, again power is nothing, it's how you use power that counts.
                        Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Originally posted by creed462
                          You know I think the anchients didn't want to fight, They had the power to win, again power is nothing, it's how you use power that counts.
                          You're right. Does anyone think that Thor and company, heck even the goa'uld, wouldn't have beaten the Wraith given the ancients technology. The ancients probably designed weapons that could have wiped the wraith out in bunches but didn't want to chance killing any innocents so their higher "moral" stature was a big liability during the war.

Comment

Originally posted by SeaQuestGateDSV-1
                            Dimeron, the wraith use stunners, which are energy weapons. Energy is probably easier to defend against for psychi powers, multiple fast movie objects.
                            Not when you are surrounded by endless supply of wraith goon who just keeps on coming.

You can take out the 20 in front, but the 10 sneaking behind you will get you. And wraith are far superior to humans physically. A telekinesis wave that throws a human against a wall will knock the human out or downright kill him. But I doubt it would even stun a wraith considering their regenerative abilities. I imagine using those fancy powers also takes energy, so sooner or later the ancient will get tired, get stunned, and become wraith food.

Another interesting point, is the telepathic ability of the wraith from the bug, or is it some left over psychic abilities from a few ancients that got assimilated and somehow got stronger.

Comment

Originally posted by verbalkint
                              You're right. Does anyone think that Thor and company, heck even the goa'uld, wouldn't have beaten the Wraith given the ancients technology. The ancients probably designed weapons that could have wiped the wraith out in bunches but didn't want to chance killing any innocents so their higher "moral" stature was a big liability during the war.
                              It is possible that the ancients knew how wraith were evolved, and felt responsible for them in a way. Afterall, wraith are sort like children of the ancients, as the humans were. So while wraith are in an all out war of you or me, the ancients might just want to contain the wraith, until they get completely overwhelmed.

Comment

Working...
                              X