This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gate Size

What is the diamitor of the inside of the gate?
    What is the diamitor of the outside of the gate?
    What is the whith of the gate?
    The Doctor: [leafing through a teen magazine] That won't last. He's gay and she's an alien.

Carter: You saying that it could be boobytraped?
    Teal'C: Booby?

May the Force Be With You

The stargate is 22 feet from edge to edge, looking at it i'd guess the whole gate to be about a foot in width so maybe 20 feet of event horizon?

Comment

Hi There.

Outside Diameter ~~ 22' (670cm)
      Inside Diameter ~~ 15' - 15' 6" (458cm - 472cm)
      Width ~~ 1' 8" (50cm)

Remember these are my personal guestimates and I have been unable to verify them officially. They are based on Stargate DVD footage and height comparisons to known objects, namely O'neill.

Hope this helps.

So how's the weather down in Victoria?

Comment

Did anyone else notice that the gate in Prototype, the one on the planet, was even bigger than normal?

Comment

maby the camera adds ten feet....lol.... anubis was part ascended

Comment

Originally posted by theStormWeaver
            Did anyone else notice that the gate in Prototype, the one on the planet, was even bigger than normal?
            I don't think it was bigger. It may have looked bigger because of the fact the gate was built directly into the ground. By the way have we ever seen a gate built rite into the ground like that?

Comment

Maybe your right, and no, they usually are on stone platforms.

Comment

How about some screenshots?
                sigpic
                Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

While not from direct sources, this is what I got from from measuring the picture of the Stargate on page 54 of the Stargate SG-1 Roleplaying Game by the Alderac Entertainment Group: a gate diameter of 14.1 cm with a ring width of 1.8 cm. If the commonly accepted outer diameter of 22' is accurate, this gives us an actual ring width of 2.81' and an inner diameter of 16.38'. I've heard the gate is one foot thick from various sources; how accurate they are is anybody's guess. My best estimate from the pictures is that the ramp is 10' wide; this would make its height at the event horizon 4.5' from the bottom of the gate, giving us an overhead clearance of 14.69' at the center and 13' at the edges. I hope this helps.

Dalton "my regular sig file is in the shop" Spence

Comment

Originally posted by theStormWeaver
                    It did look a bit bigger after you mention it but I think it's just an optical illusion. Normally, we see people coming through the gate one or two at the time but in this episode, the entire SG-1 went throuh the gate together. They do this from time to time leaving the Earth gate but rarely (not that I would've noted this) do we see them arrive together. I think the shot of them arriving together definitely add to our persception of the size of the gate.
                    I just love shows about wormholes!

Comment

Isn't the Tollan's (ex)gate bigger than a standard ancient gate?

Comment

No, actually according to Jack "ours is bigger" than the Tollan's.
                        SQUEE like no one's listening.

Comment

yeah, but Jack would saw that no matter what.
                          'Nou ani anquietus' - 'We are the Ancients:’ teachers of roads and builders of the 'gate.

Comment

Originally posted by cafine_us
                            No, actually according to Jack "ours is bigger" than the Tollan's.
                            LOL...I think Jack is a size queen. After all he wants "big honkin' space guns!"
                            sigpic

Comment

Question... If one gate is bigger on one side will a wormhole connect and act normally? What if a gate was bigger than the Promethius and the Promethius went through to an Earth sized gate, would it get stuck? Or would it come out miniature, or would the wormhole expand behind or infront of the gate?
                              I'm a TrustNo1/Weir shipper Also TrustNo1/Carter shipper and TrustNo1/Teyla Shipper. In fact I'm a TrustNo1/Weir/Carter/Teyla shipper. Yes, that would be good Throw in some Vala in tight leather. Is this sig PG? Oh well

Thank you L-JADE for the sig, it ROCKS!!!

Waiting for my posts to be approved.

Comment

Working...
                              X