This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will the Wraith ever feed on a woman?

Think about it, the Wraith need to feed at the chest, and this IS basic cable! Does this mean the women are safe from feeding? How can TPTB solve this problem?

Good idea but i reall don't see that happening
    Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffer
      Good idea but i reall don't see that happening
      Sooooooooo Wraith are sexist?

Comment

it would apper that way lol
        Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together
        sigpic

Comment

So Teyla & Weir are safe from the Wraith?

Comment

Originally posted by Mattathias2.0
            So Teyla & Weir are safe from the Wraith?
            Well they could still be killed, or maybe we just see someone coming back and informing us they're wraith-bait but I hope the writers are smarter than the second one.

Comment

Originally posted by gatelover12
              Think about it, the Wraith need to feed at the chest, and this IS basic cable! Does this mean the women are safe from feeding? How can TPTB solve this problem?
              They can feed above the breasts. The last time i had a look at one, there was enough space between the neck and the breasts.
              1 Year 11mths without using the letter U on the thread: ask Morbo anything

Comment

Originally posted by gatelover12
                Sooooooooo Wraith are sexist?
                Or gentlemen. The wraith do feed on women, in the wraith journal that was on the scifi site it said that a woman was shared between 2 wraith and Steve was going to feed on Teyla. The wraith hand will probably go just above the breast.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Weir
                  a woman was shared between 2 wraith
                  LOL a threesome
                  gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                  so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                  love Torri

Comment

TPTB don't actualy have to show the feeding, they can simply imply that the feeding took place -- quick editing at the appropriate time....

Comment

Perhaps the Wraith mainly feed on men because the life source that they need is on the Y chromosone {SP}, on the odd occasion they may feed on women, perhaps for, dare I say, pleasure
                      Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                      - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

maybe a female wraith will attack a female human. but that would still suck.

Comment

Bob didn't have a problem with Teyla:
                          Ses
                          James Lafazanos - Good for a Laf

Comment

Nice snapshot. I had forgotten about that.
                            sigpic
                            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                            "...phu...ah..."
                            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Ilia (Weird spelling) tried to feed on Sheppard through the arm. But I think the real reason they go through the chest, is that it's so close to the heart. Maybe they even inject the enzyme directly into the heart so it can get pumped throughout the body as quickly as possible.

Usually the wraith hit the men in the chest with pretty much force. That could hurt a woman. But in a lot of cases, the camera shows the wraith moving the hand close, but you don't actually see them feeding. Too hard to simulate the ageing. Also, would be the problem of the actors having to dress the wound of any female victim of an interrupted feeding process.

I wondered if a wraith fed on a pregnant woman, what would happen to the fetus?

Comment

Working...
                              X