This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the ancients mental abilites

Do you think the ancients have the ability to predict the future because in threads there was a newspaper saying anubis plans to retake takara .

Any thoughts please reply

I would say it was Anubis himself telling them that thats what he was going to do. Just to rub it in for OMA
    Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together
    sigpic

Comment

No - but as ascended beings they could listen to his conversations with Ba'al
      gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
      so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
      love Torri

Comment

First of all, you have 2 errors. (I am the Theory Breaker.)

1. Those were Ascended Beings, not the Ancients.

2. They have the capability to be at any spot at any moment in the universe to our understanding, therefore, they can listen to plans as Qasim stated.

HOWEVER,

stargate atlantis episode epiphany (i think) deals with descendents of the ancients that have certain "mental" traits that were part of the ancient race but got diluted with humans. This included "future sight" as well as "telekinesis" according to spoilers.

Comment

Well as we've seen in prototype teaser
          Spoiler:
          i suspect their mental abilities are to be compared with the jedi force
          "Maybe one day you will learn that your way is not the only way!"

Visit Dr. Radek Zelenka's Complete Translations and thunk thread

All translations will be found in the first post of this thread, though i recommend to read the whole discussion ;]

Comment

Ancient Mental Abilites

Ayiana from "Frozen" (SG-1 season 6) diplayed:
            * Healing
            * Ability to put someone to sleep with a touch
            * the ability to comprehend a different language in a matter of hours (maybe it wasn't pyshic but its damn impressive)
            * As far as we know the longer Ayiana remained unfrozen the more her powers increased

Jack in "Lost City" devolped the healing power as the a result of the ancient head sucker, Teal'c referred to this as the Ancient healing power

Human Superpowers

*Cassandra developed the ability to manipulate electromagnetic fields
            *Jonas developes the ability to see possible futures
            *The inhabitants of Nirtti's planet developed a whole range of abilities most notably telepathy and telekinesis

Nirtti had a hand in all these powers, what she was trying to do was speed up human evolution so there no reason to believe that the Ancients didn't have some of these powers

I always saw the Ancients powers as being like the X-men (who were evolved humans too, coincidence I think not ). Anyway the spoilers from Epiphiany
            Spoiler:
            show each of the kids have a different power - very X-men. I wonder whats going to happen to those kids, they can't ascend on their own, there too young for one and if they did then that cheapens the whole ascension process in the show, even Shifu needed help

Anyway I see natural ascension as like in "Akira", someone reaches the point where there powers are so advanced they no longer require a physical body (although hopefully involving less explosions - if not say goodbye to Tokyo... Again )
            Last edited by Steve_the_Wraith; 15 September 2005, 01:55 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

yeah i do think that the ancient were so far past the X-men that they had 2 much power, you could imagine them as human god effectivly, id pray to storm if she came in to my house, and some ancients may of has every power imagineable ( which would help alot in a war), why they didnt use them against the wraith is another matter ( althoguh it does clear the ' why no handheld weps' thing, seeingas the weps are mental).
              sigpic
              You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
              Stargate : Genesis |
              Original Starship DesignThread
              Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
              11000! green me

Comment

Steve: Re: Human superpowers: you are forgetting the ori super human powers
                "Maybe one day you will learn that your way is not the only way!"

Visit Dr. Radek Zelenka's Complete Translations and thunk thread

All translations will be found in the first post of this thread, though i recommend to read the whole discussion ;]

Comment

By X-men I meant that there would be a variety of powers - not every ancient having the same stock abilities, everyone walking their own path

I don't know if you can count the Prior powers because they all seem to need the use of the Staff, but anyway

"Powers" the Prior have

*Healing (Avalon Pt.2)
                  *Immunity to bullets (The Powers That Be)
                  *Ability to spread the Plague(The Powers That Be)
                  *Earthquakes (Babylon)
                  Spoiler:
                  *Telekinesis
                  (The Fourth Horseman)

But any of these "powers" might be as the result of advanced tech and so be a trick
                  Last edited by Steve_the_Wraith; 15 September 2005, 02:07 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Yes! I want to see a Wolverine type Prior!!!!

Comment

if the prior have powers, then the ancient presumable had them 2, meaning we might get them one day as well! - assuming we all believe were of the same heritage. ( all altereans)(in show, no hilter stuff!)
                      sigpic
                      You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                      Stargate : Genesis |
                      Original Starship DesignThread
                      Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                      11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
                        if the prior have powers, then the ancient presumable had them 2, meaning we might get them one day as well! - assuming we all believe were of the same heritage. ( all altereans)(in show, no hilter stuff!)
                        I agree. I am sure we can say that we are early stages of Alterean development. Which means in the next few million years (if the Tauri make it that long) they will be just like the ancients

Comment

The evolution of humans in Babylon 5, a million years from this point. We are definitely on the way to this outcome, not talking about in Stargate people, reality has shown many impressive possibilities. When every human has one of these abilities, we will need more than one planet for a while.

Comment

Fools! None shall surpass the power of Apocalypse.

Comment

Originally posted by marcws
                              Do you think the ancients have the ability to predict the future because in threads there was a newspaper saying anubis plans to retake takara .

Any thoughts please reply
                              That's not predicting the future. The fact that he's planning something takes place in the present.

Comment

Working...
                              X