PDA

View Full Version : STARGATE SG 1 & ATLANTIS WERE DID IT GO WRONG ?

ancient-archangemon
July 5th, 2004, 10:31 PM
ok so any one else thinks that seasson 8 is plot line is stupidity at its worst

just some food for your mind !!

ONE : REPLICATORS CAN KICK THE ASGARD IS BUTT IN BATTLE WHAT CHANCE DO HUMANS/SNAKE HEADS STAND AGAINST THEM ?

TWO : DO WE NOT HAVE A STARGATE ANY MORE ? WHAT HAPPEND TO TRAVELING TO OTHER WORLDS AND MEETING NEW ALIENS ? OH NOW LETS GET THE BIG JAFFA AN APARTMENT AND GIVE CARTER A BOYFRIEND

THREE : THE BIG HONKING TIME DEVICE DIDNT WORK UNGH PLZ PEOPLE

AS FOR ATLANTIS ?

ONE : THE LOSS CITY WAS SUPPOSED TO GIVE US WEAPONS TO DEFEND OURSELFS AGAINST THE SNAKEHEAD INSTEAD THEY MAKE A MORE POWERFULL ENEMY !?

ILL STOP THERE BECAUSE THE ANGER GETS TO ME SUCH GOOD GOOD SHOWS SUCH SUCH BAD STARTS AND ENDINGS

ANCIENT-ARCHANGEMON OUT :cool:

PS : yes i dont use proper gramar i dont use comas or periods hell i varely speak english but i can writte it not good but at least i can writte it so there

Jonas Quinn
July 5th, 2004, 10:43 PM
You're certainly entitled to your opinion, but I am certainly glad you are wrong.

uknesvuinng
July 5th, 2004, 10:57 PM
1. The replicators beat the Asgard so consistently because of the Asgard's mindset of advancing their technology. Humans beat the replicators in their encounters because of the mindset of using what limited resources we have in creative and somewhat unpredictable ways to overcome obsticles. As Thor put it, the Asgard were too smart, they needed us humans to give them some "stupid" ideas to beat the replicators. The Goa'uld will probably take heavy losses, as their military strategy doesn't depend so much on tech or tactics as it does sheer brute force.

2. The gate episodes are still about, though the show is spending a little more time exploring the world outside the gate. However, not every episode is going to be a character piece and just drama. Don't exagerate the situation.

3. What time device are we talking about? The one from Window of Opportunity (early season 4) won't be revisited ever again as far as I know.

Atlantis

1. The city was never supposed to be just a nice cache of weapons for our defense and nothing else. It's a city, filled with a variety of technology, not to mention it stands as a record of the Ancients culture. They're taking an essentially one-way trip into another galaxy to which the Goa'uld's influence has yet to reach. All good stories need conflict, and in this conflict, the antagonist was capable of defeating a race far more advanced than the Goa'uld. I wouldn't complain about the Wraith as an enemy until I've seen their tactics, and probably only if their tatics give me reason to doubt their abilities to beat the Ancients.

Roatbaum
July 5th, 2004, 10:59 PM
Sounds like you should find another show to watch, perhaps not come to this forum to bash our show?

gange57
July 5th, 2004, 11:07 PM
All that for your first post? Welcome, I guess. Atlantis hasn't even aired and it has already gone wrong? Maybe, you picked the wrong show to follow if you aren't willing to give a new series a fair chance.

Anubis
July 5th, 2004, 11:15 PM
First post, well you shared your opinion but they are all negative. How can you possibly be looking forward to the show when you are already making false judgements about it?

Ugly Pig
July 6th, 2004, 05:11 AM
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but considering you have already formed yours based on something you haven't even seen I'd say yours is pretty useless. No offense.

Teal'c
July 6th, 2004, 07:16 AM
I'd suggest picking up a couple of books, maybe on anger management and net etiquette :P

Anubis
July 6th, 2004, 07:18 AM
I'd suggest picking up a couple of books, maybe on anger management and net etiquette :P

Hehehe. I agree!

Mio
July 6th, 2004, 07:36 AM
ONE : THE LOSS CITY WAS SUPPOSED TO GIVE US WEAPONS TO DEFEND OURSELFS AGAINST THE SNAKEHEAD INSTEAD THEY MAKE A MORE POWERFULL ENEMY !?
Ok, first episode, we figure out how to work the ancient glowy-jellyfish-of-doom weapon (by the way, I want that listed as the official name in the Omnipedia :P) then we manage to fire it from earth, and destroy every gou'ald out there within hours.

Second episode....the team is sitting in front of the gate, playing poker.

Anubis
July 6th, 2004, 07:39 AM
Hehehe! lol I like your thinking

ShadowMaat
July 6th, 2004, 08:02 AM
Just because you're angry doesn't mean you have to use caps lock on your entire message. Use it for emphasis. Play around with bold and italics. Mix it up a little.

1. Replicators tend to be defeated by stupid ideas. That's why we're better qualified than the Asgard. ;)

2. There are nicer ways to word your displeasure. How about "Concentrate on defense and exploration, not the personal lives of the characters!" See? And no caps lock, either! ;)

3. No clue what you're talking about. I know the time device, but what does that have to do with the price of peas in Peoria?

And as for Atlantis... dontcha just hate it when what you hope will be a magnificent solution only ends up adding to your problems? SO typical! ;)

Other than that... Well, as Jack would say, "Go to your Happy Place." ;) It's possible to complain without being hostile towards everyone and everything. Good luck finding something else to watch on Fridays. I recommend Joan of Arcadia. Or maybe Monk and Touching Evil. Or turn off your TV and go read one of those books Teal'c mentioned. ;)

David85
July 6th, 2004, 08:26 AM
Maybe you show watch another show, you seem a little stressed.

The writers changed the team, they are exports now and on defense of Earth, going through the Stargate costs to much and they want to expand cheaper Earth based story lines.

Maybe you should WATCH Atlantis before bashing it.

Anubis
July 6th, 2004, 08:30 AM
Yeah, we're better against he reps than anyone because of our SUPER WEAPONS!!!!! :D

Mio
July 6th, 2004, 08:40 AM
Think the Ancient Glowy-Jellyfish-Of-Doom weapon works against replicators? It seemed to literally eat the Kull Warriors, and they had armor that made them energy-based-weapon-immune......

Anubis
July 6th, 2004, 08:42 AM
That's actually very interesting. I think they would because of what they are designed for and how they work. athough we don't really know. But if it can destroy a entire fleet in a few seconds, then it could certainly wipe out some replicators

AgentX
July 6th, 2004, 09:00 AM
But there's always the chance that the replicators are somehow immune from the 'glowy things' and manage to incorporate glowiness into their own mechano structure. Then we are royally screwed.

Mio
July 6th, 2004, 09:04 AM
Ancient-Enhanced Evvvvil Glowy Replicators in the Shape of Jellyfish?

AgentX
July 6th, 2004, 09:16 AM
Ancient-Enhanced Evvvvil Glowy Replicators in the Shape of Jellyfish?

Yupsureyabetcha

It's just the new kind of villian this show needs. SG1 needs more glowing machines to do battle with.

David
July 6th, 2004, 09:26 AM
we figure out how to work the ancient glowy-jellyfish-of-doom weapon (by the way, I want that listed as the official name in the Omnipedia :P)

No promises. ;)

Anthro Girl
July 6th, 2004, 10:07 AM
I'm still trying to figure out how one can spell "archangemon" and "asgard" and then muck up something like "LOSS CITY". :confused:

1. The Replicators have grown as an adversary (as we shall see), but it's "our" show...we have to kick their butts! It's in the script! ;)

2. No. We don't have a Stargate anymore. That's why the whole show takes place around SGC. Because there is no Stargate. Yep.

3. We knew the time device wouldn't work by the end of Unnatural Selection. It's sci-fi...these things never work. ;)

For Atlantis: I suppose that they could have found the Lost City, found the weapons, know immediately how to make them work, kill all the Goa'uld and any remaining Tok'ra, assume there are no other baddies anywhere in the galaxy, and then used the Stargate to take vacations. Great idea! It would save all the millions of dollars it takes to produce the show(s) every week! ;)

Nice work for a first post. You're entitled to your opinion and no one is going to force you to watch, so thank you for sharing.

Anubis
July 6th, 2004, 10:16 AM
You can't just keep things simple on a show, the demand will fall and it will simply be a complete failure

petzke_42
July 6th, 2004, 10:33 AM
perhaps not come to this forum to bash our show?

You haven't been here much...keep reading the board and you will realize that all about half the people do, is bash the show... :( ...I think it's stupid, but they are "fans of the earlier seasons," and everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Mio
July 6th, 2004, 11:40 AM
No promises. ;)

pleeeeeeaaaaaassssssssse?

:D

Anthro Girl
July 6th, 2004, 11:44 AM
Glowy-Jellyfish-of-Doom = GJOD... oh my, what a fantastic name for a weapon! :D :D :D :p

Roatbaum
July 6th, 2004, 12:09 PM
You haven't been here much...keep reading the board and you will realize that all about half the people do, is bash the show... :( ...I think it's stupid, but they are "fans of the earlier seasons," and everyone is entitled to their opinion.
whatever. As am I.

Mio
July 6th, 2004, 12:38 PM
Glowy-Jellyfish-of-Doom = GJOD... oh my, what a fantastic name for a weapon! :D :D :D :p
It is! Maybe we need a poll....

Roatbaum
July 6th, 2004, 12:43 PM
Excuse me. It is Tuesday, the end of my work week, and I'm 'stressed' ?(good excuse for bad behaivour? I think not) Didn't mean to be 'snappish'
I apoligize if the first reply came across that way. :rolleyes:

ShadowMaat
July 6th, 2004, 12:51 PM
No worries, Roat. You aren't the problem. THIS time. ;) I rather liked your first response. Almost Teal'c-like in its zen attitude. :P

Jeff O'Connor
July 6th, 2004, 03:20 PM
Man, you came here to bash the show, basically. Unfortunately you haven't really found anyone to agree. You see, and I know that I put Farscape in my posts entirely too often, but it tends to work since I love both shows and I can't help but talk about SG-1 at FMD sometimes, either...

I love Farscape because of all the drama and character development behind it. SG-1 has progressed from a show about going places and doing things with loveable characters, to a show about going places, doing things, and loveable characters that have lives and feel real. That's what the creators of Farscape have always tried to do, and I'm falling for Stargate now, more than ever, since the show is evolving into that.

Besides, come on. It's been seven years. They need to focus more no the war, on the main plot. That's what they're aiming for lately. I mean, don't get me wrong. They've always had a good grip on keeping the plot running smoothly but, hey, is it so wrong for me to honestly say I love episodes involving the Goa'uld being fought against, and the Asgard, and the Tok'ra, and the Jaffa, and pivotal moments in the timeline of the show, moreso than the ones where they go places and just... do things, with other people? I don't think it is. I think there's a good balance still, even now, for "filler episodes" as they're called and "plot-based episodes". I like both a lot with Stargate but it's the latter that always pulls me in the most. Because when it comes down to it, I'd rather watch an episode where Earth is in peril, and all the high drama that produces, than an episode where SG-1 goes to another planet and something goes wrong with the natives.

David85
July 6th, 2004, 03:58 PM
I still would like to know what you would use for bad guys in a spinoff show? Or would you do like McCay and just drink coffee while dialing the gate?

They introduced the Reps half way through SG-1 maybe that was....

THE DUMBEST THING EVER!!!!!!

New bad guys come up all the time, and we knew there wouldn't just be one bad guy all the time.

David
July 6th, 2004, 04:37 PM
I think either way it is fairly pointless to judge a television series we haven't seen yet. It may totally stink.

Then again there was a television series that everyone said would never fly off the heels of a previous phenomanon. It's called "Star Trek: The Next Generation."

ShadowMaat
July 6th, 2004, 05:02 PM
3. We knew the time device wouldn't work by the end of Unnatural Selection. It's sci-fi...these things never work. ;)
Oh, is THAT the "time device" he was yapping about? He should have been more specific. Or I should have thought about it more carefully. For some reason I was thinking of the Ancient device in WOO...

Mio
July 6th, 2004, 05:23 PM
Please, obviously the time device doesn't work. Time travel is NEVER supposed to work correctly. Especially if the Ancients couldn't get the hang of it.

Anthro Girl
July 6th, 2004, 05:29 PM
Oh, is THAT the "time device" he was yapping about? He should have been more specific. Or I should have thought about it more carefully. For some reason I was thinking of the Ancient device in WOO...

Oh, is THAT the "time device" you were yapping about? :p Yes, he should have been more specific. Then again, neither of them worked...and yet another sci-fi cliche lives on! YAY! :)

Calicto
July 6th, 2004, 07:43 PM
WHOA!!!!

Is this the one and only ARCHANGEMON who drew the FAMED Fusion of OPHANIMON AND SERAPHIMON????? OMg... *faints*..... *drools*... Digimon was my favorite until Stargate came along in my life....

It's Archangemon.... *faints*.... wow... so awesome that I see you again. I use to be a super fan of digimon and a SUPER fan of your digimon creations...... *faints.*

ancient-archangemon
July 6th, 2004, 10:25 PM
hello my ppl you know i didnt meant it to be a bash show because if i really wanted to bash it you would know what bash is about i mearly stated my pinions about some things that i do not agree with

so basically think of me as the ultimate alternative i only state my opinions you can agree or disagree that why were here

but you must agree that the snake heads and humans dont really have a shoot against the replicators specially since they have taken humans form and are more advanced

and calico nice to find a digimon fan here in the gateworld if ya like my creationgs wait and see the sg-1 manga im triying to make hopefully my askills have advanced anough to do a good job

ancient-archangemon out

ancient-archangemon
July 6th, 2004, 10:29 PM
sorry i misspelled your name on my earlier reply calicto but like i said im not a good speller

Anubis
July 6th, 2004, 11:13 PM
My hope is that Atlantis will not stink and will have some good qualities

Bogopimp
July 7th, 2004, 03:33 AM
of course we stand a chance agains the replicators, who knows what new technology we will find with all this new ancients stuff coming in. Also, as stated earlier, humans arent nearly as advanced as the asgard so have much differant tactics, which work alot better against the replicators. the asgard use energy everything and thats what the replicators need, we just shoot stuff till it breaks!

TBH, i tihnk all we need is some kind of device which attract energy particles and then suck the life right out of the replicators :)

ShadowMaat
July 7th, 2004, 03:48 AM
archanrgemon, as someone who has been accused of bashing the show herself and as someone who has found a lot of fault with the show over the past season, all I can say is that it isn't so much WHAT you say as HOW you say it. You come off as a screaming jerk yelling about a couple of random things rather than a genuine fan voicing honest concerns about plot and character development. If you're "so angry I can't stop to think what words to use" then you need to back off and THINK about what words to use. It helps you to communicate better and it helps us to understand your thoughts better.

And for pity's sake, the TYPING IN ALL CAPS thing was a little ridiculous and, speaking personally, I'm less inclined to listen to someone using all caps than someone who uses letters normally but has bad grammar and spelling. All you do is draw attention to yourself... and away from whatever point you're trying to make.

No offense, but I don't think you're the ultimate anything, not even the ultimate PITA. ;)

i only state my opinions you can agree or disagree that why were here.
Isn't that exactly what we've been doing? Even I have had to disagree with your points, and I don't think the show is hot stuff anymore, either.

but you must agree that the snake heads and humans dont really have a shoot against the replicators specially since they have taken humans form and are more advanced
Actually, I don't have to agree with that at all. That's YOUR opinion, not mine and just because you feel strongly about it does NOT make it a fact.

Unless you're here ONLY to tell us your opinions and not listen to anything anyone else has to say (and what would be the point of that??) you're going to have to get used to the idea of people having their own opinions and even- *gasp!*- disagreeing with you! ;) Welcome to Gateworld. For what it's worth. :P

Mio
July 7th, 2004, 05:05 AM
Please. We're the good guys. Like we're going to lose the war with the replicators :)

Anubis
July 7th, 2004, 07:26 AM
Yeah, I very much doubt that WE will loose! :D

AgentX
July 7th, 2004, 08:16 AM
Don't forget that SG1 and most of the SGC is also American. So there is no way in hell that they will be beaten by anyone.

Mio
July 7th, 2004, 10:40 AM
Don't forget that SG1 and most of the SGC is also American. So there is no way in hell that they will be beaten by anyone.
Damn straight. ::goes off to drive the 12.5 mile per gallon SUV some more::

Anthro Girl
July 7th, 2004, 11:04 AM
Damn straight. ::goes off to drive the 12.5 mile per gallon SUV some more::
12.5 mpg? Damn, you're practically a tree-hugger! :p

I don't think being 'merkin has anything to do with SG1 kicking galactic butt (although one could argue about the big guns and other deficiencies). We - that is, the collective human "we" - cannot be beaten by technology; we always have to win, eventually. Otherwise, there's no franchise. :D

Vyse
July 7th, 2004, 12:18 PM
You should watch a really bad show like Star Trek: Enterprise, then you would appreciate how good Stargate is.

Kaloo
July 7th, 2004, 02:27 PM
of course we stand a chance agains the replicators, who knows what new technology we will find with all this new ancients stuff coming in. Also, as stated earlier, humans arent nearly as advanced as the asgard so have much differant tactics, which work alot better against the replicators. the asgard use energy everything and thats what the replicators need, we just shoot stuff till it breaks!

TBH, i tihnk all we need is some kind of device which attract energy particles and then suck the life right out of the replicators :)

Atlantis spoilers
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
We could use the wraith

Mio
July 7th, 2004, 03:00 PM
12.5 mpg? Damn, you're practically a tree-hugger! :p

I don't think being 'merkin has anything to do with SG1 kicking galactic butt (although one could argue about the big guns and other deficiencies). We - that is, the collective human "we" - cannot be beaten by technology; we always have to win, eventually. Otherwise, there's no franchise. :D
The RV gets 8 miles to the gallon. Any better?

David
July 7th, 2004, 03:26 PM
Please. We're the good guys. Like we're going to lose the war with the replicators :)

At any rate, I'm glad they're back. I think we were lulled into a false sense of security by thinkinig they'd been bottled up.

AgentX
July 7th, 2004, 03:32 PM
But really in all that time they were bottled up what were we going to do? Create 'dumber' technology :)

David
July 7th, 2004, 03:34 PM
And remember how many of them there are now.... Freaky, man...

ancient-archangemon
July 7th, 2004, 08:25 PM
i like caps i like big letters and yeap im most defenetly a jerk comes with me being human and all ya know as for the spelling dont care how i speell dont care how gramatically acurate i am i just post to have fun

as for star trek enterprise umhhh ill try to catch a show who knows might like it

well as for the human form tech bugs aka replicators there a decent enemy perhaps to much for three races to handle i mean the asgard are going to join in with the humans and snake head right or else were doom i tell ya doom

i just hope this seasson we get to see the furlings

ancient-archangemon out

Ugly Pig
July 8th, 2004, 07:39 AM
i like caps i like big letters and yeap im most defenetly a jerk comes with me being human and all ya know as for the spelling dont care how i speell dont care how gramatically acurate i am i just post to have fun
How great for you, but I wouldn't expect too much "fun" being had posting the way you do with the crappy spelling and grammar. It makes your posts annoying and hard to read, which could lead to a lot of people just skipping them altogether. Don't be too surprised if you notice in the long run that you get less feedback on your posts than you are hoping for.

Anubis
July 8th, 2004, 07:41 AM
It does annoy me when people do spell incorrectly or make a mistake. If I do, I attempt to edit it as quickly as possible! :)

Ugly Pig
July 8th, 2004, 07:48 AM
It does annoy me when people do spell incorrectly or make a mistake. If I do, I attempt to edit it as quickly as possible! :)
People making "a mistake" isn't so bad. It's worse when someones post is littered with them.

Mio
July 8th, 2004, 07:50 AM
People making "a mistake" isn't so bad. It's worse when someones post is littered with them.
wut s wrng with nt beig abl to spel proprli??!?!?1/1/11//1?!?/1/!/1!??/

Seriously, It's very annoying.

Mio
July 8th, 2004, 07:51 AM
But really in all that time they were bottled up what were we going to do? Create 'dumber' technology :)
Not so much technology as tactics.

Anubis
July 8th, 2004, 07:53 AM
It can get annoying. Mistakes are obvious for example : thisisa mistake

Ugly Pig
July 8th, 2004, 07:54 AM
Well, obviously how annoying it is would depend on the mistake. :)

ShadowMaat
July 8th, 2004, 08:51 AM
When a person has an honest problem with the language, that's one thing.
When a person is just to lazy to be bothered with anything as plebian as grammar and spelling, that's another thing. And not a very good one, IMO.

But that's beside the point. I think that this thread has probably run its course. The original author has had his say, we've had our say, he's riposted that he doesn't give a rat's arse what we think, so is there really any point in dragging it out any further or in sinking to the level of personal insults? Fun, but not very productive. ;)

Anthro Girl
July 8th, 2004, 08:59 AM
Mistakes and caps do make it harder to read, especially when you obviously have the ability to use better spelling in other threads. :S

i just hope this seasson we get to see the furlings
Goodgodno, I hope we never see the Furlings! There isn't a VFX in the universe that could live up to that name! ;)

GateGipsy
July 8th, 2004, 09:40 AM
Please, can we stick to the discussion? The topic is quite clear - if you don't agree with what Archemon has said then state why you don't agree. Or why you might agree.

The topic of this thread isn't telling someone how they should post, or your pet peeves with the way people write.

With the former - I have to say that I am very uncomfortable with telling someone how they should express their opinions. There are quite a few people in this thread that I have in the past had to say to others to stop telling them how to post. If you have a personal issue with a particular poster, then deal with it privately. Don't clog up a discussion thread with it.

With the latter, that's a different topic entirely. Please feel free to post in the Off Topic folder a thread along those lines. Don't take it upon yourself to police how other people write their posts - if you don't like it then just don't read it. Or, if you feel they are genuinely not realising that their posts won't be read because they're writing in caps or using text speak, then politely tell let them no. Don't rant at them or stamp on them. Especially if they're newbies - you might have seen it all before and know all the netiquette rules, but that doesn't mean everyone does. Have a little patience OK?

I've read back over this thread and there is nothing that Archemenon has said that is excessive, or could be termed 'bashing'. I'm concerned that people are reading the posts that this person has made in the light of a number of different negative threads that have started - bear in mind that this is a different person, who may not have even read those threads.

Anubis
July 8th, 2004, 10:37 AM
You've pointed out some good aspects there gypsy. Sunken in well

Calicto
July 8th, 2004, 08:04 PM
"digimon digital monsters digimon are the GOA"... i mean... champions"

uhh.. we should have a old classic debate...

ancient-archangemon
July 8th, 2004, 09:36 PM
first of gypsy we do i find this " the netiquette rules" honestly i have only figured how to post hehehe really would apreciate the help tough

on a second note
digimon rule !!! anyways so what do you people hope to see in seasson 8 ?

like i said i like the idea of seein the furlings and maybe the nox heck i would even be glad to see some tollans