This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Off World Atlantis DHD Shown in Preview

Well after watching the little preview thing on Sci-Fi and remembering how people here we agrueing about what the DHDs would look like on other worlds on Atlantis. They were shown tonight.

Spoilers I guess because the people here are freaks...

They are blue. From the clip I saw they look just like the regular with a different color bulb. Big blue center.

The preview looked great, and the city looks massive.

My favorite line of the whole thing was from a producer of SG-1...

"I have never gotten more hate mail than the weeks right after that episode aired." That Episode would be the one with Pete.

It looks great, but I guess anything looks better than season seven of SG-1. Can't wait until next week.
    It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Blue is the new orange.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
    [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

I loved the new DHD! Yeah, it was similar to the "old" one, but the gates are similar too, so it makes sense. LESS THAN TWO WEEKS TO ATLANTIS! Oh, YEAH!
      Rocky

Comment

11 days and counting!

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
        [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

DHD lit from below to help keep coffee cups warm all day. Dang clever of those Ancients, if ya ask me.

Comment

Originally posted by DownFallAngel
            Blue is the new orange.

Yes it is, and Justin said the same thing last year.

The coffee bit was great. I wonder if they brought any with them.
            It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

the DHD's 'keys' looked like they were topped with something transparent (though i could be wrong, it was brief, but I did rewind with the TiVo)

the way the big blue thing in the center is set is cooler too...It's got a slightly different beveled thing around it.

Also, it confirms that Atlantis gets the Uber-DHD, and no one else does!

Huzzah!
              sigpic

Comment

I was probably the only one hoping they'd stay with the same look. I'm slightly annoyed, but I guess the Ancients just wanted to color code the galaxies.

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                DHD lit from below to help keep coffee cups warm all day. Dang clever of those Ancients, if ya ask me.
                Not to mention they built their city just like Hewlett's Malibu mansion. Now we know why they worked so hard at time travel.

Please just color coding. Please no cheesy "SHINY NEW ADVANCED" gate (city gate excluded). Please, please, please....
                Last edited by uknesvuinng; 05 July 2004, 08:01 PM. Reason: i kant spel
                Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

I think it was said that the off world gates would be the same one used for SG-1, to save money. People if they have better gates in the new galazy it will start up some trouble. Like why put new ones so your enemy can use it? Or why not make the Earth one, the one they came from have better ones.

I hope that the DHDs are colored coded, I would like that.

Comment

I think that only Atlantis had a unique gate becuase it is the origin, Ancients just changed the colors in different galaxies, so that they won't be mest up...what's next? green? lol

Comment

Originally posted by Newbie
                      I think that only Atlantis had a unique gate becuase it is the origin, Ancients just changed the colors in different galaxies, so that they won't be mest up...what's next? green? lol
                      I happen to like green, got a problem with that? (And besides, I don't think they'd use green as that might screw up green screen effects.)
                      Rocky

Comment

Yeah, well, I would have said that blue would screw up the bluescreen effects... Or maybe they don't use those anymore.

Green is the new blue?

Comment

They use green screens more, but most of the DHD aren't anywhere them anyways, even if they were I doubt they would mess them up. But why are we worrying about this now? One spinoff at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                            Yeah, well, I would have said that blue would screw up the bluescreen effects... Or maybe they don't use those anymore.

Green is the new blue?
                            Yeah. I took a tour of NBC studios a couple of months ago and they told us that they changed it from blue to green.
                            Rocky

Comment

Originally posted by David85
                              One spinoff at a time.
                              Now, now, you can't have too many Stargate spin-offs.
                              Rocky

Comment

Working...
                              X