Borg Queen question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Borg Queen question.

I was just watching First Contact and I saw the Borg Queen die. Picard snapped her neck in half presumably killing her. But, she is still in the whole series and the last ep of Voyager (Endgame). And she dies again. How the hell is this possible. She's dead, unless she has an evil, or eviler , twin, she can't show up in Endgame.

And don't say that she didn't die in Endgame and that First Contact was after Voyager arrived home, because, well, it wasn't. First of all, if the Federation had transphasic torpedos don't you think they would have used them? And the Borg was crippled after the Janeways' (both of them) assault on them, so the Borg wouldn't have been too fit for duty! And 7 of 9 says clearly in an ep that the Borg were present at First Contact, so at the time of her removal from the Collective, First Contact must have already happened.

So, any ideas?
    Godspeed, Don.

Could she have tranfered her concious through the BORG nueral net, and just built herself a new body?

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
    [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

You think in such three dimensional terms!

Since later episodes define the Queen as being the Collective's organisational unit, it stands to reason that the body is only built when the Borg need a face to speak with.
      [email protected]
      http://underworld-x.com

I pledge allegiance to the underworld
      One nation under dog
      There of which I stand alone
      A face in the crowd
      Unsung, against the mold
      Without a doubt
      Singled out
      The only way I know

Comment

Myabe she created a virus that became the nanodes that created the borg, and she IS the original, so maybe she has always had that body.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
        [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Nah Jprime is totally right. The body is not the queen, queen is the hive mind. it's confusing, but the Borg might still be out there.

Comment

Another possibility is that the Borg has the capability of time travel as well (as seen in first contact). The Borg could have easily manipulated time to save the queen.
            Oma: The universe is vast and we are so small. There is only one thing we can truly control.
            Daniel: What's that?
            Oma: Whether we are good or evil.

-Meridian (521)

Comment

The queen probably exists in a distributed net sort of way.

No matter if her body is destroyed, a new one can be created that will speak for her.
              sigpic

Comment

Cloning!

The Hive mind is the real power , But it needs the queen with individual thoughts to be abled to adapt and coordinate the Collective.

I am pretty sure they have some kind restart reboot system that makes a new queen if the original is killed.
                The Egyptian Cat God .

Comment

Borg Drone: Our queen is dead...

Other Borg Drone: Great. Someone get the paperclip....
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
                    Borg Drone: Our queen is dead...

Other Borg Drone: Great. Someone get the paperclip....
                    Huh?
                    Godspeed, Don.

Comment

Originally posted by JDakkon
                      Another possibility is that the Borg has the capability of time travel as well (as seen in first contact). The Borg could have easily manipulated time to save the queen.

So...you are suggesting that the Borg went back in time and undid what Picard did when he went back in time?Paradox city.

Comment

Originally posted by Roatbaum
                        Paradox city.
                        Yeah, I love thinking about those types of things. After a few hours my mind turns into Patrick Star...

Comment

Yeah but the big massive Star Trek time-travel goof is that conveniently, everybody ALWAYS remembers the previous timeline, even if they changed things so it never existed (with a few notable exeptions)! And what was the point of showing (in the movie The Voyage Home )Earths oceans evaporating and Starfleet blowing apart every second scene, like they were on some sort of time limit in the PAST??? Why not just return to a second after you left ???
                          [email protected]
                          http://underworld-x.com

I pledge allegiance to the underworld
                          One nation under dog
                          There of which I stand alone
                          A face in the crowd
                          Unsung, against the mold
                          Without a doubt
                          Singled out
                          The only way I know

Comment

Originally posted by Thoth
                            Huh?
                            Most reset buttons require a paperclip or other thin object to press.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
                              Most reset buttons require a paperclip or other thin object to press.
                              Oh right! I get it now. Took me a while tho.
                              Godspeed, Don.

Comment

Working...
                              X