This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

missed opportunity? (5.21 - Meridian)

this pertains to episode 5.21 - Meridian - MAJOR SPOILERS BELOW...........

So when Daniel Jackson is ascending/dying, and he's in the netherworld depiction of that and Jack is about to watch him go through the 'stargate', Jackson is standing before the gate and Jack is watching from down the ramp. It was a moment of tv magic. But I kept saying to myself, "say it, say it, just say it already!" thinking I knew how Jackson would say goodbye to O'Neil. But he simply walked through w/o saying anything else, and that was it! I was flabbergasted, what a missed oppportunity!

What I'm talking about is symmetry. In the Stargate movie, what are the famous last words spoken by O'Neil before stepping through the final wormhole back home? "See you around... Dr. Jackson".

So now with the situation flip-flopped, I *assumed* the writer's would recognize a moment of potential brilliance and have Jackson say to O'Neil, "See you around... Col. O'Neil".

But he didn't!

I was shocked. It was a fabulous episode, but how could they miss such an obvious opportunity for things to come full circle????

anyone agree?

I didnt think that - but now that you mention it I agree it was a missed opportunity
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

But I did see that scene was a bit of a nod to the last scene of the movie because in the ep. Jack said..."So..what, see ya around?" It wasn't Jack's exact words from the movie, but very close to it.

Comment

This is the scene:

Scene: Dream Gateroom

DANIEL: I'm gonna miss you guys.

O'NEILL: Yeah, you too.

DANIEL: Thank you. For everything.

O'NEILL: So, what? See you around?

DANIEL: I don't know.

Daniel turns and walks up the ramp.

O'NEILL: Hey. Where are you going?

DANIEL: I don't know.

Daniel walks through the Gate and Jack just watches.
        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
        love Torri

Comment

If I remember correctly, someone from teh show did say it was a nod to the movie, but I don't know where I read that. I only remember it was an interview.
          'Nou ani anquietus' - 'We are the Ancients:’ teachers of roads and builders of the 'gate.

Comment

Working...
          X