This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Wraith

Over season 1 and some of season 2, we have learnt bits of information about wraith physiology and history. We do know that they write in an ancient dialect, they evolved from the aratus bug, which fed of the ancients giving the wraith there humanaid figure, we also know that wraith scientists experimented on humans e.g Teyla ancestors. We also know that the wraith can inject a human with an enzyme that gives them enhanced strength and agility we know this from the ford incident. Also from the latest ep "conversion" we see col shepperd infected with a wraith retro virus. This information has led me to believe that the ancients, in an attempt to increase their own strengh and agility, posibly to aid in the acension process, were using the aratus bug and experimenting with its strengthening enzyme. These experiments could have failed turning some ancients who were exposed to the experiments into the wraith. Somthing similar to thae events of "conversion".

There's alread a thread on this subject here: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=17223

As well as these.
    http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...olve+evolution
    http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...olve+evolution

Also, every time someone starts with "we know" we inevitably run into "facts" that we don't actually know. Some people think the Wraith fed off Ancients; that has not actually been presented as fact in the show as yet. What was said in the show is that the Wraith fed on HUMANS and acquired human DNA. Whether that dna came from humans or ancients is still open. But as far as evidence in the show; it's leaning towards humans not ancients.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

There's been so many threads with cliams that the wraith definitly fed on ancients, no one knows for sure. I agree it's probably humans rather than ancients because their technology is not as advanced as those of the ancients and it seems the wraith evolved after the ancients seeded the PG but maybe the bugs fed on both.
      Last edited by Dr Weir; 13 September 2005, 02:02 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

They also say "When we encountered them" so I think that means that they did not directly create them.
        Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together
        sigpic

Comment

What? I thought I heard somewhere (possibly in season 1) that the Ancients sent a groups of Ancients to another planet. Maybe to build a civilization.. Can't remember for sure. Anyway, there was this bug there and it attacked everyone and turned them into wraith.

Comment

never happened.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

well then where did I hear it from? I'm sure it was SGA

Comment

I think people are putting way too much thought into how the wraith came about. It's probably as simple as the saying "you are what you eat". The eratus bug probably just evolved over however many years from feeding on humanoids into what we know now as the wraith.

Comment

Originally posted by Erised
                  well then where did I hear it from? I'm sure it was SGA
                  I'm pretty sure it has never been said in the show that the bugs ever fed on any ancients at all or came across them. All that was said by the good doc is that during the seeding process, humans were allowed to evolve on a world where the bugs were. That was his theory

The only way to come up with your story is if you merged the message from the Hologram with what Doctor Beckett said. She said, one day they came upon a dark world where the wraith slept and woke them up.

He said, the bugs fed on humans and incorporated human DNA and took on human characteristics.

Two separate events not connected.

Comment

Working...
                  X