PDA

View Full Version : X-304 ?

Janus
July 5th, 2004, 11:58 AM
What will happen with the ship found at Steveston in 'Nightwalkers'.
Will it become the X-304 ?
Will it be seen in season eight ?
Come on folks, let's hear those opinions...

DownFallAngel
July 5th, 2004, 01:07 PM
They found a ship in NIGHTWALKERS? I don't remeber early season 6 to well. I still haven't seen Redemption.

Mio
July 5th, 2004, 01:40 PM
The ship was very not finished...

and since it was only meant to get the gou'ald there away, probably not that advanced.

DownFallAngel
July 5th, 2004, 02:08 PM
Oh. Did those aliens have more advanced tech than the Goa'ulds?

aAnubiSs
July 5th, 2004, 02:12 PM
They were goa'uld

DownFallAngel
July 5th, 2004, 02:21 PM
Oh...like I said, I don't remeber early season 6.

Teal'c
July 5th, 2004, 03:31 PM
As Joe said, many of its parts were intergrated into Prometheus.

Janus
July 6th, 2004, 04:55 AM
The ship was very not finished...

and since it was only meant to get the gou'ald there away, probably not that advanced.

Tell that to the NID....
Plus, we didn't just find the ship we also found tons of computer data.
That's how Carter figured out they people who were building the ship were Goa'uld.
The Airforce could have used the Intel to complete the ship, and it still would be more advanced then anything we have now.
Including Prommie and the F-302.

sarge
July 6th, 2004, 05:54 AM
The Airforce could have used the Intel to complete the ship, and it still would be more advanced then anything we have now.
Including Prommie and the F-302.
Except the 'Prommie' (i like that :cool: ) has had a lot of Asgard help (shields and wepons) so it should already be more advanced then any Goa'uld ship. The Asgard womp on the Goa'uld (except Anubis.....)
I think the tech drawings would be more valuable then a half built ship. Why bother to complete it? Simply incorporate the usefull data/designs into the 'Prommie II'. We need more then one......

Janus
July 6th, 2004, 06:37 AM
I think the tech drawings would be more valuable then a half built ship. Why bother to complete it? Simply incorporate the usefull data/designs into the 'Prommie II'. We need more then one......

Because it would be an Earth ship that looks like a Goa'uld boat.
Might come in handy for infiltration /cover ops missions.

Anubis
July 6th, 2004, 06:54 AM
I doubt it will be used for much. It is probably at Area 51 for examination and tests. But most things that go there, don't really appear on the show again

Janus
July 6th, 2004, 06:58 AM
I doubt it will be used for much. It is probably at Area 51 for examination and tests. But most things that go there, don't really appear on the show again

Yeah, you're right about that.
Don't want it anymore ? Dump it at Area 51.
They've turned that base into the show's trashcan.

Anubis
July 6th, 2004, 07:00 AM
Hehe! I agree. It's like the SGC's trash can

Janus
July 6th, 2004, 07:09 AM
Maybe we can transfer Felger there. :D ;)

Anubis
July 6th, 2004, 07:10 AM
Hehe. Although sometimes creating these big problems gives us more knowledge! (sometimes)

Mio
July 6th, 2004, 07:29 AM
The Asgard womp on the Goa'uld (except Anubis.....)

I refuse to believe that even a massive fleet of Anubis eye-powered motherships could touch an O'neill class....but that's just me :)

Anubis
July 6th, 2004, 07:35 AM
I agree, even Anubis isn't THAT powerful

Janus
July 6th, 2004, 11:25 AM
But to get back to the topic.
Will there be an X-304 ?
And if the answer is yes, what kind of ship is it most likely to be ?

Anubis
July 6th, 2004, 11:27 AM
My guess, if there is one, an advanced upgrade to the Promethus with better weapons and shields

Janus
July 6th, 2004, 11:34 AM
But that would be a refit, like what happened to first Starship Enterprise after the Trek original series.
They problem is that would mean the ship would be out of service for a long time.
One, maybe two years.

Mio
July 6th, 2004, 11:38 AM
Or maybe the X-304 will be our own version of the puddle jumper.

aAnubiSs
July 6th, 2004, 12:54 PM
Good luck upgrading the shields.

Mio
July 6th, 2004, 01:02 PM
Good luck upgrading the shields.
In the past 50 thousand years or so, the asgard have probably come up with better shields than the ancients....you're right, Promethius probably has shields as good as they are gonna get.

sarge
July 6th, 2004, 01:26 PM
agreed, but they could upgrade the power source for them

Mio
July 6th, 2004, 01:39 PM
Yeh, maybe get the asgard to give us the blueprints for 'Neutrino Ion Generators'....

...or hell, maybe we could just power the thing with a single ZPM.....three is enough for an entire ancient city, is it not?

sarge
July 6th, 2004, 01:55 PM
well, if a ZPM can maintain a shield over an outpost covered in lava for thousands (or more) years, it ought to be able to handle the shields on the prommie (i still like that!).

Janus
July 7th, 2004, 01:24 AM
Okay, new idea (I hope).
We've got Prometheus as our counterpart to the Ha'Tak.
And the F-302 vs. Deathgliders.
Maybe we can come up with something to counter an Al'Kesh ?

sarge
July 7th, 2004, 05:37 AM
Okay, new idea (I hope).
We've got Prometheus as our counterpart to the Ha'Tak.
And the F-302 vs. Deathgliders.
Maybe we can come up with something to counter an Al'Kesh ?
Sort of a mid size fighter/bomber….. got some serious potential.

wilhelmganon
July 7th, 2004, 06:09 AM
I would imagine that the first thing the SGC wants to upgrade/fix is the F-303's less-than-reliable hyperdrive. It runs on an unstable and rare isotope of an already-rare mineral and it easily "overheats" - definitely merits some further R&D.

Aside from that, the F-303 is pretty solid, especially with Asgard shields/weapons; however, they apparently still rely on a "finite" weapon of sorts, since one of the bridge officers in The Lost City stated at one point that their "ordinance is expended." Perhaps he meant some kind of secondary missle weapon, or perhaps he meant that they needed to be recharged, but in any event, I'd imagine that an extended weapons profile is also on the to-do list.

Jarmen
July 7th, 2004, 06:48 AM
Actually i think they only use in F-302 now. the Prometheus has now ordinary Naquada powered hyperdrive and new BC-303s in production also use it.

as for X-304.. most likely a bomber/puddle jumper Tau'ri craft by reverse engineering ancient ships. :)

wilhelmganon
July 7th, 2004, 06:59 AM
When was Prometheus' naquadria drive replaced with a naquadah drive?

aAnubiSs
July 7th, 2004, 09:31 AM
Earth doesn't have the resources to produce yet another ship. BC-303 and F-302's is pretty solid when it comes down to brute force.

They should instead focus on a mining ship, so they can get more naquadah and stuff.
Also to get energy weapons on both ships, as well as a stable naquadriah reactor and gravitic propulsion for the F-302 and perhaps the BC-303 too.

aAnubiSs
July 7th, 2004, 09:32 AM

Mentioned in Grace. They took the hyperdrive from the Al'kesh in Avenger 2.0

Teal'c
July 7th, 2004, 09:32 AM
It was replaced by an Al'kesh hyperdrive, which presumably uses Naquada since the Goa'uld don't know about Naquadria.

wilhelmganon
July 7th, 2004, 09:59 AM
Ah, thanks! I was half asleep during Grace, no surprise that I missed the line :-P

Janus
July 7th, 2004, 10:06 AM
Also to get energy weapons on both ships, as well as a stable naquadriah reactor and gravitic propulsion for the F-302 and perhaps the BC-303 too.

Watch out ! Spoilers

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S

Why bother ? We got an ion drive in "Space Race".
If we installed on the X-303, then we should be able to go faster then light safely.
But if we do it in way that we can leave the Al'Kesh drive in place, we can use its power supply to boost the shields.
Which means we wouldn't have divert power from the weapons.

Anubis
July 7th, 2004, 10:10 AM
For the moment, I think we have as much as we need that suits us. But a little upgrade would do any harm! :D

aAnubiSs
July 7th, 2004, 10:21 AM
Watch out ! Spoilers

Why bother ? We got an ion drive in "Space Race".
If we installed on the X-303, then we should be able to go faster then light safely.
But if we do it in way that we can leave the Al'Kesh drive in place, we can use its power supply to boost the shields.
Which means we wouldn't have divert power from the weapons.

Sorry, going close to c in normal space doesn't work, not even 0.5c. Time would be distorted too much. Ion Drives require fuel, gravitic only requires energy, which you can get from Naquadah/Naquadriah reactors.

And there's a easy way to get smaller weapons working 24/7. Let them use individual Naquadah reactors.

Anubis
July 7th, 2004, 10:26 AM
I guess you could do that, if it wasn't too much trouble

Mio
July 7th, 2004, 10:35 AM
And there's a easy way to get smaller weapons working 24/7. Let them use individual Naquadah reactors.
I still think a ZPM would be a great source of power. Surely there are more ancient outposts out there with viable ZPMs.

aAnubiSs
July 7th, 2004, 10:42 AM
I still think a ZPM would be a great source of power. Surely there are more ancient outposts out there with viable ZPMs.

ZPM:s are waaaay ahead of us. We don't even know if the Asgard use them.

Mio
July 7th, 2004, 11:05 AM
We never really found out how DHDs derive their power...did we? I wonder if they use zero-point.

aAnubiSs
July 7th, 2004, 11:09 AM
We never really found out how DHDs derive their power...did we? I wonder if they use zero-point.

I really don't think so. if Atlantis can have 1 powering the whole city, it seems kinda overkill to have them also powering DHD:s

PYRO
July 7th, 2004, 11:28 AM
Dont they have the little crystals in the red ball/activation thingy?

Janus
July 7th, 2004, 12:20 PM
Maybe the X-304 shouldn't be ship at all.
I mean: Star Trek ships have escape pods, so shouldn't we also use the idea on Prometheus.
It would be easier to make one then to steal them from the Goa'uld.

Mio
July 7th, 2004, 12:27 PM
Dont they have the little crystals in the red ball/activation thingy?
That's more of a power-regulator, as we learned in '48 hours'

The power source itself has to come from something else.

It could use a really really tiny ZPM?

DownFallAngel
July 7th, 2004, 12:31 PM
if Atlantis can have 1 powering the whole city, it seems kinda overkill to have them also powering DHD:s

Atlantis needs 3....it is relying on 1, which is dying, thats why the city rises to the top of the ocean.

Mio
July 7th, 2004, 12:33 PM
We use generators to power entire cities, or just to power houses during power outages.

No reason the ZP technology couldn't be used on different scales.

Anubis
July 7th, 2004, 01:09 PM
We probably use tiny little ZPM and crystals to get the power

Kaloo
July 7th, 2004, 02:07 PM
Makes sense to me mio

Mio
July 7th, 2004, 03:51 PM
Makes sense to me mio ::Proclaims Kaloo the high priest of Mio::

Selmak
July 8th, 2004, 08:30 PM
They only had a completed X-303 for a short time and even then it doesn't quite have all they bugs worked out. It seems that every time the take it for a spin something goes wrong.

Mio
July 8th, 2004, 10:03 PM
Something goes wrong?

It's the first human mothership, and it withstood an onslaught from Anubis's Ancient Enhanced Mothership of Death and Destruction. (Another official omnipedia name, please :))

sarge
July 9th, 2004, 05:21 AM
Anubis's Ancient Enhanced Mothership of Death and Destruction. (Another official omnipedia name, please :))
LOL!!! You really do come up with some good ones. :D

Mio
July 9th, 2004, 06:31 AM
LOL!!! You really do come up with some good ones. :D Hehe....Just come up with a reasonable name, then toss 'of' and some random words on the end such as: Doom, Death, Destruction, Pain, etc.

kadosho
July 9th, 2004, 10:34 AM
X-304, wonder what's gonna change on this topic.
Plus talk about major improvments on this type.

Janus
July 9th, 2004, 11:03 AM
Why doesn't the SGC have a mini-sub ?
If the Russians had one, why not the American program...
Yes, I know what happened to the Russian program.
But that wasn't related to the sub.

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S

And some people have pointed out that the 'puddle jumper' might be able to dive.
The problem is that the PD is in Atlantis.....

At the very least there should be an Undermaned Water Vessel to complete the set. (UAV, MALP and UWV.)

langdonboom
July 9th, 2004, 11:22 AM
I always thought that the Prometheus was a direct result of the ship they found in nightstalkers. But maybe I just assumed that, I can't remember now....

Mio
July 9th, 2004, 12:06 PM
Why doesn't the SGC have a mini-sub ?
If the Russians had one, why not the American program...
Yes, I know what happened to the Russian program.
But that wasn't related to the sub.

Spoilers, 'Good to Be King'

They find a puddle jumper. Apparently they were widely used in our galaxy too, but we probably haven't explored as many O'neill Fifth Race Ancient worlds as we have Abydos Cartouche worlds.....at least, that's the explanation I'm expecting.

KorbenDirewolf
July 9th, 2004, 12:16 PM
I'm pretty sure its been said that some things used in the ship from "Nightwalkers" went into the Prometheus.

Anubis
July 9th, 2004, 12:17 PM
I agree. A few of the things went into the Prommy

Ugly Pig
July 9th, 2004, 02:52 PM
I always thought that the Prometheus was a direct result of the ship they found in nightstalkers. But maybe I just assumed that, I can't remember now....
The production of the Prometheus began before the events in Nightwalkers. The X-303, as it was called then, was mentioned as early as in Redemption Part 2.

BringerOfLight
July 9th, 2004, 03:29 PM
IMHO, the X-304 should be some kind of dropship that could be deployed from the hangers. The Prometheus and its sister ships would make decent troop carriers as well.

override367
July 9th, 2004, 07:35 PM
Well now that *spoilers*

The replicator plan of destroying the Asgard seems to be kaput for the moment because of the new Ultra-Hyper-Mega-Cannon-Of-Replicator-Smitage the Daniell Jackson is equipped with, maybe the Asgard will help with the construction of the X-304?

Janus
July 10th, 2004, 05:28 AM
The Asgard have a ship called Daniel Jackson ?

aAnubiSs
July 10th, 2004, 06:50 AM
The Asgard have a ship called Daniel Jackson ?

Yes, very nice design too:>

Mio
July 10th, 2004, 08:18 AM
It would appear to be a smaller, more compact vessel.

aAnubiSs
July 10th, 2004, 08:21 AM
It would appear to be a smaller, more compact vessel.

Reminded me of Loki's vessel, although probably a bit more powerful. Around the size of a Ha'tak, which I guess is 250-300m :)

g.o.d
July 10th, 2004, 08:52 AM
I think it was Loki class ship.Perhaps some kind of research vessel.

X-304 should be a very big butt-kicking Battlecruiser capable carrying more than eight X-302(dozens of wings) with barracks for thousands troops.Something like GTVA Collosus or GTVA Aquitane in Freespace 2:-)

aAnubiSs
July 10th, 2004, 09:05 AM

X-304 should be a very big butt-kicking Battlecruiser capable carrying more than eight X-302(dozens of wings) with barracks for thousands troops.Something like GTVA Collosus or GTVA Aquitane in Freespace 2:-)

Sorry, I don't buy that.

1. Earth is just one planet, we don't have the manpower to use 1000's of troops. We have to use tactics and technology instead.

2. We don't have enough resources to build big ships.

3. No point in having a massive amount of F-302's on a ship, since they use regular fuel. So the ships could never be on any long-term missions.

g.o.d
July 10th, 2004, 09:12 AM
Sorry, I don't buy that.

1. Earth is just one planet, we don't have the manpower to use 1000's of troops. We have to use tactics and technology instead.

2. We don't have enough resources to build big ships.

3. No point in having a massive amount of F-302's on a ship, since they use regular fuel. So the ships could never be on any long-term missions.

it's just a question of time.if not 304, ti could be 310:-)

aAnubiSs
July 10th, 2004, 09:16 AM
it's just a question of time.if not 304, ti could be 310:-)

Yes, yes, but the topic was 304 :>

g.o.d
July 10th, 2004, 09:18 AM
then i'm sorry:-)

Janus
July 10th, 2004, 10:01 AM

What about an carrier with a crew of seven, that could hold three F-302's.
Six people in the fighters and one in carrier.
The carrier would be controled from the fighters and equipped with a Hyper-drive.
Of course, it would be armed.
That's what the one crewman is for, to crew the weapons.

This how it would work:

1: The carrier jumps to the target through hyper-space.
2: Once the carrier gets there, two fighters goes after the target
Number three guards the carrier.
3: Fighters one and two blow the target, then fly back to the carrier and re-dock.
4: The carrier jumps back home.

Anubis
July 10th, 2004, 10:03 AM
Good idea. But I think the fuel they use is a bit far. Perhaps they should find another substance

Janus
July 10th, 2004, 10:08 AM
If you loaded the F-302's onto the carrier while it's on the ground, it would be the carrier's feul that would be used to break Earth's gravity.
We could give the carrier mini-versions of sub-light engines used in Prometheus.
That means the F-302's wouldn't have to engage their engines until they drop out of the carrier, increasing the range.

Anubis
July 10th, 2004, 10:09 AM
Yeah, that may be possible and is a better idea

aAnubiSs
July 10th, 2004, 11:22 AM
Still wouldn't work. Range isn't the problem. Death Gliders would just move around 'til the fuel is used up.

"We could give the carrier mini-versions of sub-light engines used in Prometheus."

They also use fuel.

I'm afraid we'll have to figure out gravitic engines, or dump the hyperdrive and steal some death gliders engines.

Joe Chen
July 11th, 2004, 12:43 AM

And we can call it The Battlestar, Galactica. :)

-Joe

Anubis
July 11th, 2004, 12:45 AM
I doubt it

Janus
July 12th, 2004, 10:45 AM
Still wouldn't work. Range isn't the problem. Death Gliders would just move around 'til the fuel is used up.

"We could give the carrier mini-versions of sub-light engines used in Prometheus."

They also use fuel.

I'm afraid we'll have to figure out gravitic engines, or dump the hyperdrive and steal some death gliders engines.

But Deathgliders engines don't allow you to go faster then light.

There's nothing like dusting of an old thread.
They smell.

aAnubiSs
July 12th, 2004, 10:55 AM
But Deathgliders engines don't allow you to go faster then light.

There's nothing like dusting of an old thread.
They smell.

And the F-302 does that? It's supposed to do yes, but it isn't. And what good is it to have a fighter not capable to moving in normal space?

And having gravitic engines doesn't mean the hyperdrive has to go. If we found out how the gravitic engine works, we could power it with Naquadriah... if we get it stable that is.

Janus
July 12th, 2004, 11:02 AM
The problem is the re-call device from "Tangent".
We don't know where in the X-301 it was.
Plus, how are we going to get Deathglider engines ?

The Tok'Ra have cargo ships.
Maybe we could get a sub-light engine from one of those and modify it.
Another option, seeing the condition of the alliance, is to steal a cargo ship.
And we know that cargo ships don't come with re-call devices, so that it's a problem.

aAnubiSs
July 12th, 2004, 11:05 AM
Just the way we got everything else working. We copy it :)

If one only takes out the engine, there's a good possibility the recall-device isn't there.

And you only need one to make copies:)

The Tel'taks are also using gravitic engines I believe.

Janus
July 12th, 2004, 11:11 AM
I prefer the Tel'tak option for two reasons:

1: Tel'tak's have hyper-drives and cloaks, making them easier fly to nearest friendly world.

2: Gilder bases tend to guarded by Jaffa, while Tel'tak's are usually unprotected.

aAnubiSs
July 12th, 2004, 11:13 AM
Janus what are you talking about?

We have both gliders, an Al'kesh and atleast one Tel'tak in our posession, we don't need to go steal more:>

Janus
July 12th, 2004, 11:19 AM
Euhm. the Al'kesh is no good.
The Hyper-drive was removed to bring Prometheus home.
And the only way to figure out they sub-light drive is to monitor it while it's running.
Which won't happen if there's no power.

The cargo ship was damaged beyond repairs in 'Revelations'.
Our they would have used it again.

But the Gliders and still good.
So, yeah, you're right.
Sorry.

aAnubiSs
July 12th, 2004, 11:20 AM
afaik, a ship doesn't need a hyperdrive to fly sub-light. And they don't really have to monitor it while flying. Atleast not in the beginning.

Janus
July 12th, 2004, 11:25 AM
Yes, but I meant that when they took the Hyper-drive...they probably also took out the hyper core.
And that (at least in Trek-ships) no core means all your other systems don't have power.

aAnubiSs
July 12th, 2004, 11:26 AM
Well, lets take New Order. The hyperdrive burned out, but the sublight engines and shields were still working optimal.

Janus
July 12th, 2004, 11:28 AM
Okay, then the Al'kesh is an option too.

aAnubiSs
July 12th, 2004, 11:36 AM
The Al'kesh has two powerful weapons too. Or more powerful then anything we have atleast.

Janus
July 13th, 2004, 08:14 AM
But with the Hyper-drive missing, we can't take the ship on any missions.
Might come in handy to defend Earth though.

Mio
July 13th, 2004, 08:16 AM
But with the Hyper-drive missing, we can't take the ship on any missions.
Might come in handy to defend Earth though.
We can build a new one. We probably have enough spare naquadria lying around.

Janus
July 13th, 2004, 08:25 AM
Which is in instable a.k.a useless.
But maybe we can put the old Hyper-drive back in and use what we learned from it to build a new one for Promeheus.

VirtualCLD
July 13th, 2004, 08:38 AM
Just something to point out/ask:

Possible Spoiler (I think from "Space Race"?)

did we not get T.I.E. .... I mean Ion Engines (I keep thinking Twin Ion, brain keeps drifting into the wrong universe) or something to that effect after SG-1 helped out in that episode? Whatever happened to those and what's the fuel consumption like on those sublight engines?

Janus
July 13th, 2004, 11:53 AM
Possible Spoiler (I think from "Space Race"?)

did we not get T.I.E. .... I mean Ion Engines (I keep thinking Twin Ion, brain keeps drifting into the wrong universe) or something to that effect after SG-1 helped out in that episode? Whatever happened to those and what's the fuel consumption like on those sublight engines?

Yes, we did get an Ion Drive.
But we have to figure how they work and how to maintain them before we can install them on Prometheus.