interview suggestion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

interview suggestion

i don't know if this has been covered before in another thread, but i'd love to see in a interview with the writer/director of the original stargate movie, roland emmerich. i'd love to know what he thinks about where the show has gone, whether or not he's a fan, and what he thinks about what his idea has become.
    "So remember when you're feeling very small and insecure, how amazingly unlikely is your birth! And pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space 'cause there's bugger-all down here on Earth!"

See: http://www.ugo.com/channels/filmtv/f...ndemmerich.asp

Q: Stargate has had this long life on television. Have you seen any of it?

ROLAND: No! It's my dad's favorite show. I always tell him, "How dare you like this!" It's really hard for filmmakers to see that. Its probably great TV, but for me, I don't like TV in general. I was only once involved with TV, with the show The Visitor, and I said never again. It was such a bad experience.

Q: I remember when you and Dean Devlin were talking about a sequel to Stargate.

ROLAND: When you are young, you are excited about a sequel. But the more I think about it, I don't want to do any sequels. Two years ago, I said no to a sequel to Independence Day. They even asked about a prequel and I was like, "What? To see how the aliens decide to come to Earth?" I want to do new, exciting things.
    Lets just say that Emmerich and Devlin had widely different ideas for SG and dont like the series

They wanted it to be a trilogy
    Stargate 2 - Ra is still alive SG1 kill him again
    Stargate 3 - Ra's children come to Earth to take revenge this was the original premise for Independence Day

They never intended for the Goa'uld to be symbiotic
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

Yeah, apparently they've said some less then nice things about Stargate: SG-1. Though I'm glad they never got to do their sequals for the movies. Considering that the original movie was not that great (it was ok, but nothing worth telling your mum about imo) I think Stargate has been much better of on TV than what it ever could have been on the big screen.

Comment

Indeed the sequels would have been so cliche
        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
        love Torri

Comment

I knew that Emmerich don't like Stargate very much! I first watched SG1 and bc of that I watched the Emmerich-Film. To be honest, I didn't like the Film very much! His other Films like Independence day or Godzilla etc. are great but well SG wasn't really a blockbuster! But I'm glad he did the film, bc without it, we wouldn't have SG1 and without SG1 we wouldn't have SGA and my life would be less intresting

Comment

When Gateworld interviews maybe they should pick a fan to interview as I would have a different approach to Interviewing

Comment

I think it would be cool if fans get to interview actors but don't know if this is possible
              We are facing our future together - Dr. Elizabeth Weir
              Dr. Elisabeth Weir is a proud member of the GTA !
              *~'.:GTA 199:.'~*

Stargate Omega: so much more than a website ! Join the place today.

Comment

Working...
              X