Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SGA - SyFy Portal: Third Season for Stargate Atlantis?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SGA - SyFy Portal: Third Season for Stargate Atlantis?

(At this point, not confirmed news, but speculation from SyFy Portal's Editor, based on unnamed sources at the SciFi Channel.)

From SyFy Portal:

http://www.syfyportal.com/article.php?id=2017

(Please follow the link for the complete article.)

'Battlestar Galactica,' 'Atlantis' To See Third Seasons

Author: Wayne Hall
    Date: 09-11-2005
    Source: SyFy Portal

How much confidence does SciFi Channel have in two of its three top shows? Enough to pretty much give them a go-ahead for a third season.

Sources at SciFi Channel are reporting that SciFi has unofficially decided to award both "Battlestar Galactica" and "Stargate: Atlantis" third-season pickups. The news was shared by SyFy Portal's Michael Hinman during a guest appearance on Sci-Fi Saturday Night on New Hampshire's 610 WGIR.

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

You beat me to it Morjana

Thank you for being so consistent with the news stuff - its much appreciated
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

hi

Comment

Whos the 05 winner...

Comment

Originally posted by web
          Whos the 05 winner...
          Interesting, no mention of SG-1 yet. However its ratings have been consistent with the other shows so unless its ratings plumet it'll probably get its 10 season. Afterall SciFi aren't going to pull another Farscape and cancell the show on a cliff hanger.

Although with all the big names on SG-1 it probably costs abit more to make
          sigpic

Comment

They better each be having a season three

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
            Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
              You beat me to it Morjana

Thank you for being so consistent with the news stuff - its much appreciated
              Just create a google news alert and this stuff gets delivered to your email box. That's how I got it this morning

www.google.news - choose news alert, type in name of actor and/or show and presto! Nice way to wake up in the a.m., or whenever you choose to have the news delivered

That's how all the news gets on these boards

But it's interesting how SGA and BSG have gotten the unofficial nods, and SG1 hasn't. Perhaps it's all about salary negotiations?

Comment

From the article: "No word has been received on the fate of "Stargate: SG-1," but many industry insiders feel that the SciFi stalwart will see an unprecedented 10th season next summer".

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris
                  From the article: "No word has been received on the fate of "Stargate: SG-1," but many industry insiders feel that the SciFi stalwart will see an unprecedented 10th season next summer".
                  Although it is the show that put them on the map, it probably is the costliest of the three shows... I think they'd be idiots to not renew it. I mean, what are they going to do, make another stupid reality show??

Comment

Originally posted by web
                    Whos the 05 winner...
                    For the season to date, and not counting Friday night's shows: BSG.

If you've been keeping track of the ratings Morjana posts over here, then you know that BSG has a cumulative 14.7 (2.1 Avg.) for the first seven shows; SGA has a cumulative 14.3 (2.04 Avg.); and SG1 has a cumulative 14 (2.0 Avg). All three shows have gone back and forth with the weekly lead, but SG1 has not won the night since the fourth episode in, whatever that was, and that's why it's currently in third place.

Not that place really means much when you're talking about such close numbers. Not to mention the fact that this last week was the first week all three of these shows weren't Scifi's top "1,2,3." SG1 was in fourth place instead of third, with SGA and BSG second and third, respectively. (I can't believe "Pterodactyl" got a 2.6 and first place. There can't be that many Coolio fans out there, can there?)
                    Last edited by PsychoPenguin; 12 September 2005, 10:04 AM.
                    "Just smile and wave, boys...Just smile and wave."

Comment

Originally posted by prion
                      Just create a google news alert and this stuff gets delivered to your email box. That's how I got it this morning
                      I have one setup but am usually asleep when its delivered so Morjana beats me

But she also has a lot of stuff that doesnt turn up on google news - kudos to her
                      gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                      so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                      love Torri

Comment

Nice. Now we all have to wait on what SG-1's fate is.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
                          I have one setup but am usually asleep when its delivered so Morjana beats me

But she also has a lot of stuff that doesnt turn up on google news - kudos to her
                          Yup. You need to set up Yahoo news, and check out Alta Vista and Ask Jeeves, which are a few other good news sites. I check 'em every day for work and also Stargate stuff

It also depends if you're on the east or west coast as to when you post. I'm sure not going to be up at midnight surfing the web!

Comment

Originally posted by PsychoPenguin
                            For the season to date, and not counting Friday night's shows: BSG.

If you've been keeping track of the ratings Morjana posts over here, then you know that BSG has a cumulative 14.7 (2.1 Avg.) for the first seven shows; SGA has a cumulative 14.3 (2.04 Avg.); and SG1 has a cumulative 14 (2.0 Avg). All three shows have gone back and forth with the weekly lead, but SG1 has not won the night since the fourth episode in, whatever that was, and that's why it's currently in third place.

Not that place really means much when you're talking about such close numbers. Not to mention the fact that this last week was the first week all three of these shows weren't Scifi's top "1,2,3." (I can't believe "Pterodactyl" got a 2.6. There can't be that many Coolio fans out there, can there?)
                            I don't even know WHO Coolio is, but flying reptiles picking up stupid people, well, it's a fun way to pass the evening while working on the PC (I would look up when I'd hear a scream or a stupid "Duh, what's that?") Plus Cameron Daddo ain't bad to look at and "Zelenka" did make it halfway through the flick.

The thing is about the ratings is that on Friday nights, there's really not much on the networks at all to watch. JAG used to be on, but that's gone, Otherwise, CBS tanks virtually all their shows (10pm is a death slot for CBS, 8pm a death slot for Fox). I'm not sure WHAT people are watching besides SciFi, although now USA is moving some wrestling show to Friday nights, which may draw away the young male audience, CBS is pushing THRESHOLD which has been getting decent reviews, and there's another CSI-type clone coming up on Fox at 9pm against SGA but most new network shows will be starting once SG1/SGA ends, although THRESHOLD starts this week and could dent both SG1 and SGA's numbers as you could ahve Trek fans tuning in for Brent Spiner...

Comment

Originally posted by prion
                              I don't even know WHO Coolio is, but flying reptiles picking up stupid people, well, it's a fun way to pass the evening while working on the PC
                              Apparently, a lot of people thought so...

I'm not sure WHAT people are watching besides SciFi, although now USA is moving some wrestling show to Friday nights, which may draw away the young male audience,
                              I don't know about that, but I am curious about this past week. The "Katrina Relief" concert was on many, many, *many* channels this past weekend, and I'm wondering how many of Scifi's casual viewers it sucked away.

(Not that I can really be bitter about that. I just didn't feel the need to watch the concert since I'd already given in some places.)
                              "Just smile and wave, boys...Just smile and wave."

Comment

Working...
                              X