PDA

View Full Version : When is it airing where you are ?

Lord Balls
July 5th, 2004, 10:20 AM
Hey guys. I know that the new season of SG1 is airing this Friday but I'm wondering if it is airing early outside the US ? I remembered that SG1 Season 7 episode 714-722 was airing in the UK about 1 and a half weeks earlier. Is it the same case this time there and elsewhere ?

Anubis
July 5th, 2004, 10:22 AM
Currently, the UK isn't airing the bew episodes. We'll probably get it as usual in September and go ahead of the US again next year

Lord Balls
July 5th, 2004, 10:26 AM
Currently, the UK isn't airing the bew episodes. We'll probably get it as usual in September and go ahead of the US again next year

Intersting, thanks for the info. Sorry about not having there the same time as us here in the US. That's what the internet is for huh, wink :cool:

Anubis
July 5th, 2004, 10:29 AM
No need to be sorry! :)

It's just the way that Sky seem to broadcast their showings. Generally, I don't download many episodes because some aren't always that great quality. Plus, I like watching the episode first THEN downloading! :D

Mio
July 5th, 2004, 10:45 AM
If I can get the good quality (bitorrent) eps, I have no problem watching them on my monitor instead of the....

<eyes go glassy>

100" big screen projector upstairs....with surround sound.....

Anubis
July 5th, 2004, 10:47 AM
Are you serious about the 100"? Now that's big

Well, you live in the US and I know they have MASSIVE tvs out there. In the UK the biggest you can get is about 40"

Ugly Pig
July 5th, 2004, 11:32 AM
100" big screen projector upstairs....with surround sound.....
Thanks a lot, you made me drool all over my keyboard. :(

As for watching season 8, well... Since SG-1 doesn't air at all in my country I'm relying on torrents to keep up which means I'll probably have to watch it on my computer screen. No watching it on the good TV or getting surround sound until the DVDs are out.

Anubis
July 5th, 2004, 11:47 AM
That's a shame that you can't view it. :(

Ugly Pig
July 5th, 2004, 12:11 PM
That's a shame that you can't view it. :(
I can, just not on TV... And I'm dependant on other people making it available to download.

Janus
July 5th, 2004, 12:22 PM
It isn't, Because:
I life in Holland, a frelling SCI-FI wasteland !!!
There is one station that shows Stargate SG-1.
And we're still stuck in the pile of dren that's called Season One.
Plus, guess what: SCI-FI channel doesn't broadcast in Europe.
Frell ! Frell ! Frell !

Have you tried decafe ?

DownFallAngel
July 5th, 2004, 01:08 PM
Friday, at 9pm. On SciFi.

shockwave
July 5th, 2004, 01:11 PM
In my country (belgium) they ended season 5 nine months ago, (and rerun season 4 and 5) and I heard they haven't even bought season 6 yet. They're years behind on anything.

DownFallAngel
July 5th, 2004, 01:18 PM
They make damn good waffles though.

Mio
July 5th, 2004, 01:42 PM
Are you serious about the 100"? Now that's big

Well, you live in the US and I know they have MASSIVE tvs out there. In the UK the biggest you can get is about 40"
Yes, it's a projector in the ceiling that projects onto a 100" screen. Of course, we originally had a smaller screen, but upgraded a while back....

I don't know what the projector is off hand, but it's something by Sharp....

After 2000 hours of use, we have to replace the $350 light bulb though :(

ana
July 5th, 2004, 01:49 PM
I can, just not on TV... And I'm dependant on other people making it available to download.

Me too, I depend on the downloads - So far I´ve been lucky enough to have all episodes from season 5 on dowloaded. :)

AgentX
July 5th, 2004, 03:41 PM
I think Space mentioned that they acquired the rights for S7 and S8 up here in Canada for the fall, so if I wanted to wait to see them on TV it would probably be in the new year, but I have no qualms with watching season 8 on my computer (like I did with Season 7) with the rest of the unfortunate. I just hope it is as easy to acquire as Season 7 was.

JDakkon
July 5th, 2004, 10:08 PM
Friday, at 9pm. On SciFi.

Ditto.

Anubis
July 5th, 2004, 11:07 PM
Mio, although it seems to work for quite a while, I think those special projector bulbs are quite expensive!

sarge
July 6th, 2004, 05:38 AM
They make damn good waffles though.
mmmmmmmmmm waffles.......

Anubis
July 6th, 2004, 06:49 AM
Let's not get too dragged away, but the odd waffle is very enjoyable! :D

MartoufMarty
July 6th, 2004, 09:26 AM
um... i predict i'll see Season 8 in...

probably Fall 2005...

or probably Saturday via the internet.

damn. i need one of those time things that Heromine had in the third HP movie

/geekiness-of-just-seeing-that-movie

:P

Anubis
July 6th, 2004, 09:32 AM
That's quite some wait. Thank god to the net!

Mangor
July 8th, 2004, 02:09 AM
In Denmark they finished season 6 a couple of months ago but then they started all over again from season 1.

They show 1 episode every day so they will get to season 7 in about 2 months. So it will be a long time before they show season 8 in Denmark.

I'm just happy that I can download the episodes... :)

Niniel
July 8th, 2004, 03:02 AM
Only God knows when the new season will be aired in Austria!! :(

Ugly Pig
July 8th, 2004, 07:05 AM
In Denmark they finished season 6 a couple of months ago but then they started all over again from season 1.
They show SG-1 in Denmark? :eek:
What channel? TV3 used to show here it in Norway a couple of years ago, but they stopped after the first season (which got three or four reruns for some reason). Norwegian TV viewers never found out what happened to Apophis' invasion... :(

Anubis
July 8th, 2004, 07:06 AM
They don't air it in Denmark, at least I haven't hard that the do. I'll have to check the lists

Mangor
July 8th, 2004, 07:13 AM
@Ugly Pig

It was on the danish TV3 a while ago too (only 1. season) but now it's on Kanal 5.

@Anubis

Of course they show it in Denmark why else would I write it... :)

It's on the list on stargatesg1.com:

http://www.stargatesg1.com/home/listings/listings.html

Anubis
July 8th, 2004, 07:15 AM
Now that's where the list was. I couldn't seem to find it. Out of all these sites I didn't even check the official one! :eek:

Ugly Pig
July 8th, 2004, 07:20 AM
It was on the danish TV3 a while ago too (only 1. season) but now it's on Kanal 5.
So TV3 pulled the same crap there as they did here (and in Sweden as well, I think). Never heard of Kanal 5, I guess they don't have a Norwegian equivalent(are they the same as the Swedish Kanal 5?). Too bad, here I was thinking there may be hope for SG-1 in Norway yet... :(

David85
July 8th, 2004, 08:46 AM
31 hours and 13 minutes.... :D

sgeureka
July 9th, 2004, 12:37 AM
Well, I hope that S8 will start in Febr 2005 (here, it has become an unofficial rule that each year, SG starts one month earlier than the previous year did. S7 started in March 2004).

But with the current 4.5 month break in the middle of S7 (because of soccer Euro Cup and later the Olympic games) I suspect they are going to broadcast S8 in late summer 2005, along with Atlantis. :(

Kamiz
July 9th, 2004, 03:56 AM
Guys i hope somone makes a HDTV recording of SG-1 tonight .
Enterprise HDTV were spot on for quality.