This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What happened to the Genii?

This has been bothering me for a few weeks already - we're over a third of the way into the season, but we've yet to hear even the slightest mention of the Genii. What happened to their ingenious spy network, keeping them nipping at Atlantis's heels? What happened to Sora, still presumably locked up somewhere on the station?

As much as I'm enjoying the new episodes, I'm very disappointed by this one facet, for a few reasons. One is, SGA has otherwise been excellent at keeping up references to past events and episodes and not letting them just be forgotten; another is that it just doesn't make sense to me for the Genii to be silent for so long. But the main thing is, I miss the Genii.

The Genii are great villians. When they first showed up, it was a breath of fresh air. The series' Main Bad Guys set up as "We're hungry, we're strong, we're going to SUCK YOUR BLOOD. Ummm, I mean, SUCK YOUR LIFE. Yeah, that's it." But wait! - enter the Genii, villians with intelligence, personality, character, flaws. All that, and they serve as a mirror image of the Atlantis crew itself, carrying to a ruthless extreme the ideals of harnassing new technology and bringing down the Wraith.

All of the Genii episodes, and especially the mid-season two parters The Storm and The Eye, were great eps (and, to the best of my memory, very well received). So what's happened? Where are our favorite Pegasus Nazis? When do we witness the return of these most colorful and intriguing characters?

Soon?

Please?
    That will be all, Citizen. Thank you for your cooperation. Have a nice daycycle.

We will see them again this season

Sora was sent back in the siege in exchange for the genii nukes - the scene was cut according to Martin Gero
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

The less of the genii the better imho.

Comment

I love the Genii. They're so... evil

They're like cockroaches.

I know they come back but I forgot which epsiode...

I for one cannot wait

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
        Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Originally posted by MartoufMarty
          I know they come back but I forgot which epsiode...
          Spoiler:
          COUP D'ETAT

We are definitely doing a Genii episode this year. The cast will depend on actor availability, so I can't say much more. There was a scene in 'The Siege, Part 2' where Sora was sent back to the Genii in exchange for their nukes, but it had to be cut for time."
          (Stargate writer Martin Gero, in a message at GateWorld Forum)
          gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
          so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
          love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
            Sora was sent back in the siege in exchange for the genii nukes - the scene was cut according to Martin Gero
            I remember hearing that they planned to trade Sora for Genii nukes. But as the scene was not shown, and I don't believe the Genii were even mentioned in the actual episode, I'm not sure that quite counts.

As in: somebody who just watched the show, and never visited the Gateworld Forum, would never be able to figure out how Sora's out and about again.

Unless they explain it there. "Hiya Teyla! Great to see you again! Remember when you traded me for those nukes? That was awesome!"

Originally posted by Auralis
            The less of the genii the better imho.
            Philistine.
            That will be all, Citizen. Thank you for your cooperation. Have a nice daycycle.

Comment

Full spoilers here http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/s2/2x3.shtml
              love Torri

Comment

Spoiler:
                COUP D'ETAT
                Ah yes. That's it.

Danke very much

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
                Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Nice!
                  Spoiler:
                  I hope they do the Zelenka story that was suggested on this page.
                  "Embress your life, find what it is that you love, and pursue it with all your soul. For if you do not, when you come to die, you will find that you have not lived."

A character from the novel "Chindi" by Jack McDevitt

Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.
                  'Eleanor Roosevelt'
                  Individuality is freedom lived.
                  'Janis Joplin'

Comment

Originally posted by Standback
                    I remember hearing that they planned to trade Sora for Genii nukes. But as the scene was not shown, and I don't believe the Genii were even mentioned in the actual episode, I'm not sure that quite counts.
                    Yes they were. Weir went through the gate to talk to them and was held hostage for a bit.
                    'Nou ani anquietus' - 'We are the Ancients:’ teachers of roads and builders of the 'gate.

Comment

Space Vampires and Nazis. Hehe
                      We need Blade and Indiana Jones to join SGA next season!

Just kidding, please put the pitchforks and noose away!

IMO, the Genii were a good foil to the SGA team, albeit an annoying one at times.

Comment

Originally posted by CueBa'al

Just kidding, please put the pitchforks and noose away!

IMO, the Genii were a good foil to the SGA team, albeit an annoying one at times.
                        and they will continue to be annoying.
                        Hallowed are the Xander. Love, Worship, and Rep/Green your all-powerful, omniscient God!

Comment

I've always thought the Gennii mirrored the SGC in the early years more than the SGA expedition. The SGA are like the big boys in Pegasus, they've got the ships, they've got the technology, and are doing as much against the Wraith as anyone has since the Ancients. They even act the part. Has anyone else notices how often they like to strong arm people? Ford and Shep in The storm? They threatened to attack the farmers if they didn't let em stay there.

It was never like that in SG-1. They were the explorers, they were the ones that anooyed the big boys, just like the genii. And don't say they're so evil, they're really not. The SGC has done far worse in situations they thought were abusable.

Comment

Originally posted by Wandering Tamer
                            Yes they were. Weir went through the gate to talk to them and was held hostage for a bit.
                            ...sheesh. Point. Boy, do I need to rewatch a couple of episodes before I spout of at the mouth about them.

But Sora wasn't explicitly mentioned, was she?

Thanks to those mentioning that a Genii episode is upcoming... makes me feel all nice and reassured

Originally posted by CueBa'al
                            I think Sheppard's got the Indy part pretty well (see: "I hate those bugs."). Dex might make a good Blade.

Comment

The Genii...

Why would anyone want them back? I find them lame, But they do have some quirks that I rather enjoy...

I felt that cut Genii scene from the last eps of season 1 should've been left...
                              Creator of the JD Alterthos Fantasy Setting (c)2002-2006 Jason Downs (AKA. DarkBlastoise)

Comment

Working...
                              X