This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missing season storyline in S2??

Well, i'm sorry, but i just dont see a season storyline in SGA season 2. That was the thing i've always liked the most in stargate, now i dont seem to recognise it.
    I have to say a season storyline makes the show really more interesting and gives it more dynamic, shame S2 has none so far or does anybody see one?
    "Maybe one day you will learn that your way is not the only way!"

Visit Dr. Radek Zelenka's Complete Translations and thunk thread

All translations will be found in the first post of this thread, though i recommend to read the whole discussion ;]

I dont see one either
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

Well I can think of one constant story line or theme if you will. That being change. The Gateworld description for season 2 is "After an attack by the Wraith and new contact with Earth, the Atlantis base faces key changes in leadership and personnel." And I agree with that so far. It may not be as big of a story line as finding ZPM's or stopping a Wraith fleet but it does give the show some direction.
      302's lead the way!

Comment

The season 2 seems to have a backgtound storyline focusing on the wraith/human transformation: Ford transformation, the retrovirus, Shepard transformation...

Comment

I don't see one unifying storyline yet but there are a number of prominent stories/themes going on:

The search for Ford - the physical search for Ford but also Ford kind of represents lost innocence, the naive happy kid who went through the gate is gone, changed and after the wraith attack on the city they try to find him again. Just like they are trying to find hope in defeating the wraith, all the disasters in Pegasus have left their scars

Who are the Wraith? - Who are the wraith, are they evil, if so why? Episodes like Instinct, Conversion, Condemned show us more and more about the wraith, in Season 1 they were the great faceless evil, but kind of shallow, this season their gaining some depth

Change - Contact with earth, Ford gone missing, Dex, Atlantis being hidden from the Wraith, everything changed in the beginning of the season and the characters are still in reeling

Trust - Goes without saying that characters trust in eachother is being shaken this season: Seige3 & Runner (Ford's new condition makes him dangerous), Runner & Trinity (How much can Dex be trusted?) Trinity (McKay goes off the deep end, driven the manic genious that has always saved the team before), Conversion (Shep goes buggy and alienates Teyla). I predict that by the end of the season these issues will come to a head, and the team will have to put these things behind them to survive

We can know for sure but if things work out right then after the mid season break TPTB will begin to draw together all the various elements introduced this season into a thrilling climax
          sigpic

Comment

S4, widely regarded as one of the best, if not the best seasons of SG-1 has no overall storyline whatsoever, so I don't see a problem.

Perfecto!

Comment

Well, the Wraith aren't going to stay away for long anyhow. Eventually they're going to have to find out that Atlantis is still there. I really don't buy that they would just say "well, shucks, now we'll never get to that feeding ground we've been lusting over. Oh well." They'll be back, probably looking for parts.

*~S.T.A.K.S.~*~LiveJournal Leik Woah~*

"Dosmrti, dosmrti na to nezapomenu."

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_the_Wraith
                I don't see one unifying storyline yet but there are a number of prominent stories/themes going on:

Very nice analysis. I'd have to agree.
                "Just smile and wave, boys...Just smile and wave."

Comment

Just because the season doesn't have a storyline, doesn't mean it isn't good. Like someone said - Season 4 was great and it didn't have a storyline.

Season 5 of Angel didn't really have a storyline until the end. The focus of that was to show all the changes that came around after that started running Wolfram and Hart.

It's kind of the same here. They stopped the Wraith for a bit, got a ZPM and now they're adjusting to everything and being careful (quite unsuccessfully I might add) and exploring some more trying to get allies.

Season 2 of Atlantis doesn't seem to have a storyline, but it's great.

Season 9 of SG-1 does have a storyline and all I've really gotten from it has been:

Orii = round 2 of false gods, powerful, bad.

They're trying to follow a story with season 9 and it's just going so slow.

Some shows don't have storylines until the last few episodes.

In season 1 the whole thing was 'we need a ZPM, Wraith are bad, let's explore' until the last few episodes when the Wraith decided to stop by for dinner.

Sometimes it's good to have a story, sometimes it's bad, and sometimes - like Atlantis - it doesn't really need one

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
                  Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

It seems to me they are bringing the show along quite nicely. We are seeing more character development, getting some of our questions answered. I see alot of development in the area of the origin of the Wraith. New story lines are being developed along the way. Ronan Dex has proved to me to be an excellent addition to the cast. He brings a demension to the mind set of some of the Pegasus galaxy residents. In the first season, the people of the pegasus galaxy came off somewhat as sort of backward except for a few characters. Now we are seeing that they have their own intelligence which can be useful to the Atlantis expedition team.

In my opinion, the writer have been doing a top notch job in developing SGA. They only get 20 episodes a year to build the show. I have been watching sci-fi since 1961 and I have never been as pleased with the workings of a show as I am with SGA. This is the type of tv series I have been waiting for all these years. It is a show I can really get into very deep. I hope the writers and all concerned in making the show continue to keep up the great job.
                    "Embress your life, find what it is that you love, and pursue it with all your soul. For if you do not, when you come to die, you will find that you have not lived."

A character from the novel "Chindi" by Jack McDevitt

Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.
                    'Eleanor Roosevelt'
                    Individuality is freedom lived.
                    'Janis Joplin'

Comment

What season 2 has forgotten is that all season one we were trying to find a ZPM to power up the city and make discoveries now that there is a ZPM there is NO mention of what all is new on the city- what new functions and services are uncovered. The anartica outpost seemed very Advanced (no silly tech just mental interface) and a bio-organic look but Atlantis seems very old fashioned -like all the metal has rusted (even the pics of the Aurura ship they find) especially since they had Atlantis for several millions years since leaving Earth behind and no upgrades?? Even the cities control chair room looked like a closet

Comment

I see a very clear, and well-defined storyline. How to defeat the Wraith, whilst detailing their military strategy. Every episode so far has focused on this issue, hiding Atlantis, the change of Ford, and Sheppard, finding Ronon Dex, Trinity, a possible weapon to eliminate the Wraith threat.
                        Spoiler:
                        The upcoming episodes, "Aurora" and "The Lost Boys" will be another component of this main plotline
                        even "Condemned" touched on this, the secondary plot seems to trust, earned, given, taken for granted.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_the_Wraith
                          I don't see one unifying storyline yet but there are a number of prominent stories/themes going on
                          I can agree with that. Though, I get the sense that the random info we're getting, that doesn't seem to be headed in a particular direction, actually is, just in the long term.

I mean, we saw a long term thread from SG-1 come to light in Atlantis right? So... something take a while <as in a few years> to be brought to light.
                          'Nou ani anquietus' - 'We are the Ancients:’ teachers of roads and builders of the 'gate.

Comment

Season two seems to be about answering the character complaints that followed season one. The characters were, for the most part, immediately likeable but they lacked depth and thus far this season it seems the writers are making up for it. All the characters are getting their opportunity to shine and test the waters in their relationships with each other. It's also about the Wraith but definitely more about the people.

This season is also about fleshing out the wraith. In season one they were just nameless space vampires. But this season seems to be about finding out their origins, giving them personality, checking out their tech, and truly establishing the burden of guilt we bear for waking up the cranky old *******s. We're trying to find a quick fix to a huge problem and ultimately I think it's fully fleshing out the scope to which we don't know jack.

The sense of impending doom, any minute is less than the first season, which seemed to be survival first everything else secondary. However, the threat of the Wraith is still a driving force. But until we learn their tactics, their history, their personality, and what happened between them and the ancients there is no true method of fighting them and that's what this season is aiming at.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Yeah, there doesn't seem to be a driving story this season, but I'm okay with that. The actors and writers have been churning out really excellent, consistent shows, and we're getting a lot of back story about all of the characters, which is always a plus. Can't complain!

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

HIC COMITAS REGIT How long until Shore Leave 29???

Comment

Working...
                              X