Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much does Gateworld get from Amazon?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much does Gateworld get from Amazon?

What's the percentage that Gateworld gets for the Stargate Box sets sales from Amazon?

Is there a place we can just donate to Gateworld instead of them just getting the percentage?
    It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

You can probably just can send GW money if you want, but I don't think you'll get an answer on how much money the site makes off the affiliate program with Amazon. For one thing, it's a number that fluctuates.

Comment

I think Darren said that it wasnt much at all
      gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
      so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
      love Torri

Comment

It depends on the items that people buy through your link...it's up to 10% of the cost of the item. The info is freely available on any of Amazon's websites...

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
        "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

if they set up a paypal account, i'd surely donate some money to the site
          My DVD Collection http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.ht...id=deathshadow

Comment

The percentage fluctuates based on how many total items ship in a given quarter (three months), from about 5 to somewhere up around 10 (we've never gotten close to the latter). We're looking at between 6-7 percent on average.

We're considering other ways folks might contribute to the site down the road. That's something you will very likely hear about here on the forum before it goes into effect.
            GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
            The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
            Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Interesting.
              sigpic

Comment

theres probably a clue in the news on the homepage about the site!

Comment

Yeah this site should have a "tip jar". Paypal or another method such as a credit card would be sweet. There could even be goodies for people who pay, like a 1 time fee for e.g., like exclusive avatars or banners.
                  Sheppard: ..."You guys do have names, right?"
                  ..."Let me guess ... Steve?"
                  <He was cool..for a Wraith!>

Comment

This (and more) is precisely what paid membership / subscription would be, but I tend to get boos over whenever I bring it up.

Comment

To be honest, i have absolutely no problem paying 5 or 10 bucks a month to ensure gateworld always has it's spot on the internet.

Comment

I don't think a mandatory paid membership is necessary, but I do like the idea of a tip jar or just a support this site link. Even a little store that sells gateworld hats or t-shirts would be cool, I'd buy one.
                        It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

Originally posted by Darren
                          This (and more) is precisely what paid membership / subscription would be, but I tend to get boos over whenever I bring it up.
                          I think a donation system is best I dont like the idea of having extra goodies etc. because I am able to pay whilst others may not be able to
                          gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                          so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                          love Torri

Comment

There certainly wouldn't be anything mandatory about it. Everything that is free now would stay free -- no change for those who don't pay to subscribe. It would be something like a tips jar, which gives a few "thank you" special features to those folks.

Comment

i paid $15 a year to play on delphi and $25 for my live journal, so it's not all that horrible.
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X