This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spiderman? (Conversion)

Was it just me or was sheppsrd using spiderman moves just before teyla shot at his feet?? First was the wall crawling and then when he jumped the two army people(jumped down like spiderman and took them out with spidey moves)
    The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Yes he was
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
      Yes he was
      i thought that... but wouldnt there be some copyright crap invloved for TPTB to use spidy moves?

Comment

The Spiderman films were made by Sony and Stargate is owned by Sony
        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
        love Torri

Comment

Forgot there for a second that sony owns mgm
          Thanx for refreshing my memory

Comment

Also, I am pretty sure there is nothing exclusive about a man-bug climbing a wall. I dont think that is copyrightable (is that a word). Super powers seem to be open for anyone to use as long as the person isnt put in the exact same costume and called by the same or very similar name.
            Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
              Also, I am pretty sure there is nothing exclusive about a man-bug climbing a wall. I dont think that is copyrightable (is that a word). Super powers seem to be open for anyone to use as long as the person isnt put in the exact same costume and called by the same or very similar name.
              Indeed! And besides, it was a very cool set of moves...

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
              "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

I thought it was abit cheesy, but might explain where that wraith spiderweb stuff comes from, maybe the body, possibly the hands which would explain how Shep could do it in the first place.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Weir
                  I thought it was abit cheesy, but might explain where that wraith spiderweb stuff comes from, maybe the body, possibly the hands which would explain how Shep could do it in the first place.
                  There is always that. It would also explain some of the moves the Wraith made in Instinct, like jumping from a great height...

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
                  "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

Originally posted by knocknashee
                    There is always that. It would also explain some of the moves the Wraith made in Instinct, like jumping from a great height...
                    what about in The Defiant One when that Wraith jumped up and disappeared?
                    Hallowed are the Xander. Love, Worship, and Rep/Green your all-powerful, omniscient God!

Comment

Originally posted by Xanderic
                      what about in The Defiant One when that Wraith jumped up and disappeared?
                      And, of course, that...

Comment

Don't think the jumping is to do with spiderwebs, Shep could jump high onto where the iratus bug's eggs were kept clearly without any of it.
                        sigpic

Comment

I don't know about copy right. I mean, jumping high isn't really TM'd by spider-man, alot of show use it. It's more like one of those generally used techniques. If someone did sue for copyright I'd call them an idiot and grow up. It would be pathetic.
                          'Nou ani anquietus' - 'We are the Ancients:’ teachers of roads and builders of the 'gate.

Comment

They probably used spiderman moves simply because it's a very similar situation--where the DNA of the respective bug is spliced into a human.

Now, why were the changes so incredibly fast--or does that have to do with the regenerative abilities he got with it (assuming the Wraith regeneration caused Ellia's transformation to be faster)

Comment

Originally posted by Wandering Tamer
                              I don't know about copy right. I mean, jumping high isn't really TM'd by spider-man, alot of show use it. It's more like one of those generally used techniques. If someone did sue for copyright I'd call them an idiot and grow up. It would be pathetic.
                              I wasnt on bout the jumping... i was on about the move's he used to take out the gaurds.... they were deff. a set of moves spidey used in the movie... but sony owns both shows so they can do what ever they want...
                              P.S when i seen the moves my spidey sense told me they were from the movie

Comment

Working...
                              X