Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POLL: Vala in season 10 (spoilers & speculation for S9)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

POLL: Vala in season 10 (spoilers & speculation for S9)

Since folks were looking for a poll with slightly wider options, I'll make my own suggestions into an "official" poll:

Would you like to see Vala become a main character in Season 10?

* YES! Vala rocks!

* Yes, as long as it isn't at the expense of someone else on the team.

* No, she's an okay character, but she's better in small doses.

* NO! I can't stand her!

I vote for NO! I can't stand her! The "small doses" are still too much for me.

And keep in mind that this poll means MAIN character, not recurring. That means, as Qasim said in the other poll, that she would be in EVERY (or nearly every) ep. In this case, for all intents and purposes, it would probably mean her joining SG-1 as an official team member.

However, if you can think of a way for her to be main without being on the team, feel free to explain.
    YES! Vala rocks!
    37.97%
    Yes, as long as it isn't at the expense of someone else on the team.
    24.06%
    No, she's an okay character, but she's better in small doses.
    22.93%
    NO! I can't stand her!
    15.04%

* YES! Vala rocks!

But, only when she evolves to a character that has peace with her past and doesn't do the text-book-case thing anymore, because that lady on Cimmeria that healed people, that went through Thor's hammer, she didn't have those goald aftereffects that Vala seems to have.
    If she really starts to evolve into a more serious character, then I would like her to be in bigtime, otherwise * No, she's an okay character, but she's better in small doses.

but i would want her in as a main character, not so as a member of sg-1, but more a freelancer-role, an advisor, she know allot of stuff, control spaceships, she knows the spacecriminals.

Comment

I will go with this one "No, she's an okay character, but she's better in small doses." This to me means No to full time SG-1 team member but Recurring like Jacob or Bra'tec.

I could perhaps, possibly, in some known universe go with this one "Yes, as long as it isn't at the expense of someone else on the team.". But the story would have to be really, really well done and make sense and Vala would have to have some changes to her character including being integrated into the team, slowly (something like Mitchell). She would need to be just in the background for a while actually supporting the other team members, then later when it’s her turn again; they could have another ep that was more centered on her.... But like I said that would take some really, really fancy writing and at this point I’m not sure TPTB could pull it off especially if they are so in love with writing Vala the way she is now.

EDIT: However, if we never saw her again, I wouldnt shead a tear.
      Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

NO! I can't stand her!
        If Vala never comes back I'd be pleased. She was a plauge on the series and a poorly written character with no depth. Not to mention all the sexual references which drove me insane. No offense to Vala fans.
        Condemnant quod non intellegunt.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
          I vote for NO! I can't stand her! The "small doses" are still too much for me.

And keep in mind that this poll means MAIN character, not recurring. That means, as Qasim said in the other poll, that she would be in EVERY (or nearly every) ep. In this case, for all intents and purposes, it would probably mean her joining SG-1 as an official team member.

However, if you can think of a way for her to be main without being on the team, feel free to explain.
          I voted 'No I cant stand her' - Please do explain (if you can) the problem on my poll was that some people wanted her back and didnt want her to replace anyone but were completely unable to explain how this would come about
          gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
          so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
          love Torri

Comment

Only if they write the character right. If not then no I dont want her in the show. But then again thats like any character isnt it.
            "...smart, funny, exciting, touching..." - Newsday

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
              I voted 'No I cant stand her' - Please do explain (if you can) the problem on my poll was that some people wanted her back and didnt want her to replace anyone but were completely unable to explain how this would come about
              Your options were yes, no, maybe, and I don't know.

As has been said on the discussion thread for that poll, it doesn't leave a lot of wiggle room. A flat-out YES implies yes no matter what, even if it means her "replacing" an existing team member. Likewise, your NO implies a flat-out no, which could mean "no, never again" whereas some might want to see her again, just not full time.

This poll gives people an opt-out if they want to see her full-time, but NOT at the expense of someone else. It also gives them the chance to say No to full-time, but with the clarification that they like her, but prefer her in small doses/recurring rather than full time.

It's just a little more flexible is all. Not everyone can give a flat-out yes or no to a question like this and "maybe" and "I don't know" are too vague to be of much use.

Comment

Your options were yes, no, maybe, and I don't know.

As has been said on the discussion thread for that poll, it doesn't leave a lot of wiggle room. A flat-out YES implies yes no matter what, even if it means her "replacing" an existing team member.

This one gives people an opt-out if they want to see her full-time, but NOT at the expense of someone else. It also gives them the chance to say No, but with the clarification that they like her, but prefer her in small doses/recurring rather than full time.

It's just a little more flexible is all. Not everyone can give a flat-out yes or no to a question like this and "maybe" and "I don't know" are too vague to be of much use.
                I apologise I didnt make my response clear enough I wasnt actually asking you to explain this poll - I think its a good idea

By 'Please explain' I was agreeing with this part of your first post
                and by problem I meant that on my poll people were not explaining
                gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                love Torri

Comment

Yes, she rocks, but I don't want to lose a member of the current team.

I loved the character, thought she was fiesty and funny, and not afraid to use her sexuality as a weapon!
                  sigpic

Comment

By 'Please explain' I was agreeing with this part of your first post and by problem I meant that on my poll people were not explaining
                    Ah. Sorry. Haven't had breakfast yet (despite it being lunch time), so I'm not catching all the details.

I'd be kind of curious about the explanations myself, especially since I don't understand how someone can be main cast and NOT be on the team. Unless you view people like Landry as being full-time castmembers. I always thought of Hammond and crew as being recurring. He shows up more often than, say, Bra'tac, but he's still not in EVERY ep and he isn't going out there every week with the team.
                    Last edited by ShadowMaat; 10 September 2005, 08:11 AM. Reason: now I'm flat-out missing words. sheesh

Comment

I voted 'Yes, as long as it isn't at the expense of someone else on the team.' I do not want her replacing any team member, or recurring for that matter.

After the cast changes which have occured since Season 6... I'd like not to ponder how to remove someone else off, when we have a full crew (a general, 4 SG-1 members on a team, and a Chief Medical Doctor... just like old times!).

I do like Vala as a character and wouldn't mind seeing her back, maybe even a regular, but not at the expense of another character, given we haven't even gotten to know Mitchell and Landry, and their interactions with the others we do know (Carter, Teal'c and Jackson).

In general, I think the question is atleast 3 seasons ahead of its time.

Comment

Ah. Sorry. Haven't had breakfast yet (despite it being lunch time), so I'm not catching all the details.

I'd be kind of curious about myself, especially since I don't understand how someone can be main cast and NOT be on the team. Unless you view people like Landry as being full-time castmembers. I always thought of Hammond and crew as being recurring. He shows up more often than, say, Bra'tac, but he's still not in EVERY ep and he isn't going out there every week with the team.
                        Even if you do view Landry or Walter as a full-time member - Vala could never have a role like that

As for Bra'tac people keep saying 'I would like her back as a recurring character like Bra'tac perhaps every 4 eps' - since when does Bra'tac or any other recurring character recur every 4 eps or extremely often (I would say every 4 eps is extremely often)
                        love Torri

Comment

I enjoy Vala's quirky personality and would love to see her back. I voted, "Yes, but not at the expense of the team".

Bringing her in as a recurring character would be fun, and she wouldn't be interferring with the team's actions.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Yes, Vala rocks!

She's a breath of fresh air. I would still like to see Sam in the show but I wouldn't mind seeing Vala take Sam's place on SG1, perhaps making Carter a series regular but in a more 'on base' role. To be honest in those 6 episodes she made Sam look boring.

Comment

YES!

Would be nice to have a former Goa'uld on the show. Should help with all kinds of stuff. And I love the character.

Comment

Working...
                              X