Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So where did the Ori get so many gate addresses anyway?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So where did the Ori get so many gate addresses anyway?

We know that the Ori didn't know about the MW before this season, and we know that the Ancients keep the Ori ascended out of the MW.

So how do the Ori know so many gate addresses?

Originally posted by Schrodinger82
    We know that the Ori didn't know about the MW before this season, and we know that the Ancients keep the Ori ascended out of the MW.

So how do the Ori know so many gate addresses?
    Perhaps they had been to this galaxy a long time ago.

Perhaps their knowledge of the Stargate network allowed them to take a poll of extant gates.

Perhaps they used their god-like powers to scout ahead and handed off the intel to the Priors.

Comment

Did'nt they look into the mind of Daniel Jackson in AVALON, PART 2. And if so would'nt they have gotten at least a few addresses in the MW at least giving them a starting destination to work from. Maybe the Gate systems are like smaller local area networks where as the whole gate system is like the internet and once you get into the smaller networks with one gate you can search for more gates. Theories are fun!

Comment

They could get it from Nerus(episode "Beachhead"), Nerus is a Goa'uld scientist , he probably knew as many GateAddress as any other Goa'uld. In such short time after the arrival of the Priors, Nerus was ready to die for the Ori .I guess he wanted to impress the Ori and gave them enough information about Milkyway before he went to Earth.

Comment

Well if they are some demented off-shoot of the Ancient's then they would have had the knowledge stored somewhere in their own data base. They just never accessed it because they didn't realize that the Alterans had ascended leaving the galaxy wide open for them until they met Daniel.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Originally posted by madiso10
            Did'nt they look into the mind of Daniel Jackson in AVALON, PART 2. And if so would'nt they have gotten at least a few addresses in the MW at least giving them a starting destination to work from.
            Very good point.

Originally posted by madiso10
            Maybe the Gate systems are like smaller local area networks where as the whole gate system is like the internet and once you get into the smaller networks with one gate you can search for more gates. Theories are fun!
            Actually, that is a pretty accurate analogy. The gate system of a galaxy is a LAN (local area network), whereas the galaxies are a WAN (wide area network) which requires much more power and an extra chevron to dial. Also, only certain gates can dial the WAN, so obviously there are access restrictions established, just like a network router or firewall.

Comment

i say its more than likely that the orii alredy knew these adresses but looking into Daniels mind gave the Orii a head start.
              Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Daniel....

My theory:
                The Ori are all knowing like the Ancients. (ascended beings) You only know what you are awear of. The minute they where awear of the MW, they new where to look.
                I hope it makes since. My spelling is way off right now.
                *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
                *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
                *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
                *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
                *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
                *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
                *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Sounds pretty good to me, Lord Monk.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I just assumed the Ori got some of their brainwashed followers to tell them gate addresses.

Comment

the first prior we meet calls MW something else... I forget what he said, but he has a name for it. the Ori thought that their plague killed everyone in MW. they didn't know some Ancients survived it and re-seeded life in MW (and seeded life in Pegasus, which the Ori apparently don't know about yet either).

Comment

think of gate adresses as ip addresses. a simple worm could check all ip adresses in a given range? the gate also has a supercomputer in it (tealc trapped in buffer) and other small things said or done. so the ori finding gate addresses is easily a given

Comment

Originally posted by Deputy-Assistant-Second-Prime
                          Very good point.
                          Also, only certain gates can dial the WAN, so obviously there are access restrictions established, just like a network router or firewall.

Untrue
                          Every gate can dial out into another galaxy if the requiered energie is provided. You are maybe thinking about pegasus, where the ancient only outfited the atlantis gate with the needed control crystal to block the wraith from using the other gates to dial earth or other planets in the MW. As explained in raising IIRC.

Comment

Originally posted by AJ78
                            the first prior we meet calls MW something else... I forget what he said, but he has a name for it. the Ori thought that their plague killed everyone in MW. they didn't know some Ancients survived it and re-seeded life in MW (and seeded life in Pegasus, which the Ori apparently don't know about yet either).
                            I think he just referred to the MW as "a far off place".
                            Sam: Looks like an untouched paradise
                            Teal’c: Appearances may be deceiving
                            Jack: One man’s ceiling is another man’s floor
                            Daniel: A fool’s paradise is a wise man’s hell
                            Jack: Never run with scissors?

Comment

Originally posted by Auralis
                              Untrue
                              Every gate can dial out into another galaxy if the requiered energie is provided. You are maybe thinking about pegasus, where the ancient only outfited the atlantis gate with the needed control crystal to block the wraith from using the other gates to dial earth or other planets in the MW. As explained in raising IIRC.
                              I don't understand. You say the access control analogy is incorrect, yet you give evidence supporting it. Or am I completely missing the point?

Comment

Working...
                              X