This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ratings for 9/9/05

Just wondering what effect the following will have on the ratings for SG-1 tonight:

Here's a full list of networks/channels carrying tonight's Shelter from the Storm: A Concert for the Gulf Coast one hour simulcast this evening at 8-9p. The broadcast will air on a :30-second delay to wipe out any obscenities that may pop up, but the event's executive producer Joel Gallen say he will not edit out political comments made by the performers.
    Broadcast nets: ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC, The WB, UPN, PBS, PAX
    Cable nets: ABC Family, Altitude Sports & Entertainment, AmericanLife TV Network, Black Family Channel , Bravo, CNBC, Comcast SportsNet Chicago, CourtTV, E!, Fox College Sports Pacific, Fox Movie Channel, Fox Reality, FSN Arizona, FSN Ohio, FSN South, FSN West, FUEL TV, FX, G4, GSN, Lifetime, LIME, MSNBC, Ovation, Oxygen, PAX, Showtime, SOAPNet, SPEED Channel, Style Network, TBS, The Tennis Channel, TRIO, TV Guide Channel, TV One, TVB Jade Channel, USA Network, WGN Cable
    Interesting the NBC Universal has every one of their networks participating, except for SciFi.

Originally posted by MediaSavant
    Just wondering what effect the following will have on the ratings for SG-1 tonight:

Interesting the NBC Universal has every one of their networks participating, except for SciFi.
    Think that since NBC has NBC and USA Network tied up with this, that they want to make some advertising revenue, plus not lose their viewer base by not having two of their top shows NOT air for two weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by MediaSavant
      Just wondering what effect the following will have on the ratings for SG-1 tonight

I was wondering the same thing about the ratings. (And I was wondering how last weeks SG-1 marathons did, but haven't seen it posted yet.)

Does it consider SciFi too small a network to worry about? I wouldn't think that would be it.

Or do they expect the core SG-1 audience unlikely to watch the telethon anyway so they wouldn't get stuck with makegoods on advertisements airing on SciFi tonite?

Comment

I'm more concerned with the premiere of Friday Night Smackdown, a show with 6+ million viewers. We'll see, there's some real competition out there now these days on all sorts of channels.

Comment

I know I'll be tuning into sg-1 every friday for as long as it's on. I don't care what else may be on, my friday belongs to Sci-Fi.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

What is the Shelter from the storm thing?
            I'm from Iowa, United States

Comment

Originally posted by Vandog
              I'm more concerned with the premiere of Friday Night Smackdown, a show with 6+ million viewers. We'll see, there's some real competition out there now these days on all sorts of channels.
              Maybe that was a factor in Atlantis dropping from a 2.2 to a 1.9.

It doesn't look like the concert hurt SG-1.

(based on ratings posted today)

Comment

Oh wow, happy for Sg1. Remaining constant and stuff.
                Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

I have to say, SG-A has been given a 'wild ride' on Scifi, relative to the others. It may almost be a 'middle child'...

Out of the three series, SG-A has been, or will be, pre-empted the most often. First for the SG-1 marathon (BSG also), and this week for the SG-1 mid-season 2 episode break. Meanwhile, BSG will be on during the SG-1 and SG-A 2 eppy days.

This last ep was coming off a 2-week break for SG-A...while I liked the SG-1 marathon, I missed Atlantis.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hyperspace
                    I have to say, SG-A has been given a 'wild ride' on Scifi, relative to the others. It may almost be a 'middle child'...

Out of the three series, SG-A has been, or will be, pre-empted the most often. First for the SG-1 marathon (BSG also), and this week for the SG-1 mid-season 2 episode break. Meanwhile, BSG will be on during the SG-1 and SG-A 2 eppy days.

This last ep was coming off a 2-week break for SG-A...while I liked the SG-1 marathon, I missed Atlantis.
                    Personally, I don't see it quite that way. SciFi Channel is using SG1 this week to counter "Threshold's" 2 hour debut. That is a testiment to how much the SciFi Channel values SG1 to bring in the rating numbers, while protecting it's other 2 SciFi Friday shows. Then SGA gets to counter "Ghost Whisperer" (debut) and "Threshold" the week after. All in all, that speaks volumes about Sci-Fi Channel's confidence in the SG Universe. They can't really use BSG for counter programming due to it's adult content and that's limits it to the 10 pm slot unless they edit the episodes.

While I miss new episodes of SGA and BSG on occasion, the programming decisions are understandable and unfortunately necessary.
                    It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Sci-Fi
                      Personally, I don't see it quite that way. SciFi Channel is using SG1 this week to counter "Threshold's" 2 hour debut. That is a testiment to how much the SciFi Channel values SG1 to bring in the rating numbers, while protecting it's other 2 SciFi Friday shows. Then SGA gets to counter "Ghost Whisperer" (debut) and "Threshold" the week after. All in all, that speaks volumes about Sci-Fi Channel's confidence in the SG Universe. They can't really use BSG for counter programming due to it's adult content and that's limits it to the 10 pm slot unless they edit the episodes.
                      Atlantis also doesn't lend itself as well to marathons as SG-1 due to the limited number of episodes that have been aired.

Comment

Well 22+ episodes is still a handful! But yah i guess your right, it is quite limited compared to SG1, but then again, why did they have that BSG marathon thing?
                        Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Originally posted by Elwe Singollo
                          Well 22+ episodes is still a handful! But yah i guess your right, it is quite limited compared to SG1, but then again, why did they have that BSG marathon thing?
                          SGA had a marathon on Tuesday, August 23rd, BSG and SG1 the two weeks before on the same nite. And back on January 7, 2005 and Friday, July 8th, there was a Stargate Atlantis marathon. Personally I don't see anything wrong or unusual about a BSG marathon. Marathon's are good for all 3 shows and allows people to either catch up, discover the shows, or for fans to either get together for a marathon party or to just enjoy their favorite shows.
                          It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Comment

Whatever happened to the ratings for Firefly? Usually they post ratings for that series too.

Comment

Only SG-1 had a marathon which knocked the two other series off the schedule on Friday...how were the ratings then?
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X