This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there really another Stargate movie?

I'm listening to the Audio Commentaries from Season 6. In the episode "Full Circle" they keep saying something about using this episode, which at the time was gonna be the last episode of the series, for the movie they were making.

I looked on IMDB.com and they only show results of anything that has to go with Stargate as the show itself, the movie in '94, Atlantis, and the cartoon series that played for one season.

Can anyone help?
    "Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." -Bill Watterson

They had plans for an SG-1 movie, but with the advent of S7 that died. The s7 finale, Lost City, is the gist of what the movie would have been.

That's my understanding, anyway.
    Last edited by ShadowMaat; 04 July 2004, 06:00 PM.

Comment

Yea the Lost City episodes is like 9/10 of what the movie was supposed to be about.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
      [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Well we could always hope they make one!

"There's a very fine line between not listening, and not careing. I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Comment

Originally posted by DAL SHAKKA MEL
          Well we could always hope they make one!
          They probably will, just not until SG-1 is over. I think it was always the plan to have a movie (or a series of movies) after the series was over. Plus, in an interview someone said that the movie had just been "pushed back," not cancelled.
          Rocky

Comment

Like what they did with the original Star Trek? Finish the show and make like 7 movies some 10 year later?

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

Comment

I hope they make that many movies! Chances are there will only be 2 or 3, tops, though... I mean, sure Stargate is huge, but still, it's not quite Trek, following-wise.
              Sheppard and Mitchell: and you were worried they were going to be O'Neill clones?

Two of my favorite shows are about Jonathan Sheppard, assuming Jack is always short for Jonathan. Weird, huh? (Lost and Atlantis)

Comment

Originally posted by JakeDeuxPointZero
                I hope they make that many movies! Chances are there will only be 2 or 3, tops, though... I mean, sure Stargate is huge, but still, it's not quite Trek, following-wise.
                Don't forget, the original Star Trek was cancelled after only three seasons, and SG-1 is still going strong after seven, so maybe, there's hope for Stargate becoming the next Trek.

P.S. Don't get me wrong, I like Star Trek A LOT, but I like Stargate too.
                Rocky

Comment

Originally posted by rocket4477
                  Don't forget, the original Star Trek was cancelled after only three seasons, and SG-1 is still going strong after seven, so maybe, there's hope for Stargate becoming the next Trek.
                  In my opinion, Stargate SG-1 is already the next Star Trek. I know a bold statement, but it has already beaten all of the Star Trek original series and the spin-offs as far as seasons are concerned (No Trek series has ever gone beyond season 7). Plus the fan base for Stargate is growing. I personally think that SG-1 will probally go thru another 3 or 4 more seasons then it will end and have a movie or two. If anything, I think Atlantis is going to be the next Star Trek: DS9, which in retrospect was a great Trek spin-off. I could be dead wrong, but it seems that Stargate is following a similar path like Star Trek and it would be very nice to see SG-1 stay on for awhile, but only time will tell, but it looks like Sci-fi is not letting that series go for at least a seaon or 2.
                  Oma: The universe is vast and we are so small. There is only one thing we can truly control.
                  Daniel: What's that?
                  Oma: Whether we are good or evil.

-Meridian (521)

Comment

Hmm... well thing about Trek is, they, for some reason, decided that seven seasons would be the standard for a Trek series, so that's the way it works, now, unless a series gets cancelled, like TOS.
                    Sheppard and Mitchell: and you were worried they were going to be O'Neill clones?

Two of my favorite shows are about Jonathan Sheppard, assuming Jack is always short for Jonathan. Weird, huh? (Lost and Atlantis)

Comment

I agree with JDakkon, that Stargate is already the next Star Trek. If it were up to me, my statement on it would be Stargate far surpasses Star Trek. I also agree with his/her statement of the DS9/Atlantis, in that both are/were awesome.

Comment

You guys are making a lot of sense now that I think about it. Especially that Stargate ifans are still growing, I for one just became a recent fan from seeing one of the Stargate Mondays late last May. Now I can't stop watching it and I'm hunting for the DVDs. lol, but IMO it looks like it's gonna be going on for another couple seasons and then some.

(Sorry if this is posted more than once...my comp is going bonkers)
                        "Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." -Bill Watterson

Comment

Stargate has the advantage of being much more accessible to the mainstream than Trek ever has. Since I started watching SG-1 I've found Trek to be far too preachy, espescially TNG. It's gotten to the point where I'd gladly take a naquadria enema rather than listen to another concocted spiel about the bloody prime directive.

At least Stargate has characters and situations that the viewer can partially relate to, where Trek is a bunch of pansies on a love-boat of universal pacifism. It might have been okay in the 60's, but today, nobody likes hippies.

Don't get me wrong, without Trek, the'd be no Stargate, no Star Wars, and while I'm at it, no Star Search or tasty Little Debbie Star Crunch snack cakes.

Comment

Stargate has been on Scifi & Showtime. Star Trek was on network television. That is why Star Trek was so well known while Stargate is not and will probably never be.

Comment

Originally posted by cobraR478
                              Stargate has been on Scifi & Showtime. Star Trek was on network television. That is why Star Trek was so well known while Stargate is not and will probably never be.
                              I wouldn't say that Stargate is not well known. It is synidcated throughout the U.S. and across the globe. It also stars Richard Dean Anderson, a very well known TV star, and it has been featured on the cover of TV Guide at least once, and has had several articles in the same magazine.
                              Rocky

Comment

Working...
                              X