This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SG Logo gifs avialable NOW

Hello I have just finished uploading a stack of gifs to the gallery page on my site at

http://www.geocities.com/scholara/gallery.htm

Their themes are as follows

3 support for sam gifs

1 sam and jack sweet memories gif

4 apophis gifs

2 tealc gifs

and two D&j gifs

they're not pictures - they 're text base with SFx but you're welcome to link to them for your own use tho I would appreciate if you mention who designed them?

Enjoy Neith
    Keep the science in SciFi!

Those are borning.
    steelcage Desigsns

Comment

Your so mean Steel!
      Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Originally posted by steelcage
        Those are borning.
        Try and do it better!

Thanks to bling for the great sig!
        Proud Hussy of Babylon (tm) and resident linguist
        ~CELLO!~
        ~Proud member of the official Dr Radek Zelenka Fan Club!~

Comment

first a thank you to Iskandra

second to steelcage

a) did you mean boring or borning?

b) I checked your page

I cant afford photoshop and what's so exciting about repeating the same image of a helmeted soldier's head over and over again?

c) they're only meant to be tags to attach to picture gifs or messages not major art works - they were created for the benefit of those folk who do not have access to Photoshop or paint shop and who might not have the extra decorative fonts my brother installed - they were never meant to be exciting just useful!!!

I'll go home and use the air brush tool to attach dripping blood to the apophis gifs shall I ? - is that maybe your idea of exciting? Sheesh!

Text is boring? - ever heard calligraphy is an art form too?

Not that the gifs are hand drawn or brushed calligraphy but I think the layout is reasonably well balanced ???

Okay Mr. Designer here's a test - can you name the fonts I used?

Comment

Note to ALL:

If you have an opinion of someone else's creative efforts it's customary to post it in public only if it's positive, or if it's a politely worded and friendly suggestion. Negative comments should be kept to yourself or to private message to the author unless public feedback is specifically requested.

Madeleine W

Madeleine

Comment

Negative comments that are hurtful shouldn't ever be said outloud, well... they're exceptions, haha... But anyway, yes, thanks for noting that Mad

Comment

I am sorry to have offended anyone I should have just kept my opinion to my self I now understand why you made them I am sorry neith4 for upsetting you if I did.
                steelcage Desigsns

Comment

Some Sigs I created for SG1

steelcage Desigsns

Comment

Wow, steelcage, those are excellent. You've got talent!
                    Rocky

Comment

Thank you!
                      steelcage Desigsns

Comment

Umm isnt a Gif a "moveable picture" and a jpeg or bmp a normal still?

a gif is like my sig it moves... now that I think about it I could make Stargate (Moveable) Gifs with ease.

Comment

'gifs' aren't only 'movable pictures', its another type of picture format that keeps the quality of a picture the way it is, even if u save it, and save it again, it won't loose any quality, unlike jpeg where its a loosy format, where it may loose quality over time when saving and saving it again, especially when editing the picture, and compressing.

Comment

Originally posted by steelcage
                            I am sorry to have offended anyone I should have just kept my opinion to my self I now understand why you made them I am sorry neith4 for upsetting you if I did.
                            its not so much that I was offended as minorly irked Steel cage ?

It's just as I run educational sections on my site along with the sg1 stuff I'm not deeply impressed by people - the sort of fan who takes one fast look at the page - sees no or minimal pictures and then logs out without even reading the text !

I have no objection to criticism but I prefer it more detailed and technical!

like suggestions for better tag usage more space less space different alignments ?

and the gifs you shared are indeed well crafted!

if you or anyone else ever want some gifs based on fonts outside the standard windows set let me know ?

most so called great art is a combination largely of skill and craft - technique - practised and honed - what makes it great is that odd spark of inspiration.

I choose to do text based gifs cos there are plenty of picture gifs already

I am planning to add some of my more recent abstractions to the gallery tho I'm not sure they're art either?!

I'm thinking of also doing some sidebar and background gifs but no special ideas yet ...

I really have to finish converting those tiff files to gif soon!

Comment

Originally posted by LavisBlade
                              Umm isnt a Gif a "moveable picture" and a jpeg or bmp a normal still?

a gif is like my sig it moves... now that I think about it I could make Stargate (Moveable) Gifs with ease.
                              gifs are often used as a basis for simple animations

the general rule is save simple files with limited colors as gifs

gif is the format whehter it moves or not

use jpeg for files with a lot of complex tones and pictures

you can save pictures of paintings as gifs but you may lose some of the values

changing jpegs to gifs can be a good idea tho if the image is going to be really small
                              so you dont need all the detail anyway!

bmp = bitmap

psp has an attached option for animating gifs which I havnt tried yet

i have no idea how flash works

i know i need to clean up my s&g images and scan them

I would love to have a sashaying sassy and a goullawk on a skateboard on sassygate but I'm not sure my skill level is sufficient

aaargh please forgive any typos I left my reading glasses on my desk walked into the library to return some books saw an empty termnial and grabbed it !

I should be photocopying artwork for future reference for an illo or going to the gym
                              not typing!

neith

Comment

Working...
                              X