This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crusade pre-discussion thread

the pegasus galaxy website has the info on this episode. this sounds like one worth watching

continue at own risk !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vala is taken in by a crippled who still believes in the ori eye despite the fact
    they won't heal him. the crippled man looks after vala helping her recovery the ori eye find out about her they heal the man and even help him get her pregnant. the man now becomes more of an advocate them now. vala meets a couple who run a bar. the couple lock her up for three days because they don't trust her . after three days they tell her they our friends of the resistence and they are planning a strike against the huge fleet that is getting ready to leave for the milky way. vala's new friends tell her they have a long range communication device. vala take's daniels body to warn earth. from what I read it sounds like we are finally going to see the ori eye

'Ori eye'? what's that I've never heard of it...

Comment

Originally posted by jsw
      the pegasus galaxy website has the info on this episode. this sounds like one worth watching

continue at own risk !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Spoiler:

Vala is taken in by a crippled who still believes in the ori eye despite the fact
      they won't heal him. the crippled man looks after vala helping her recovery the ori eye find out about her they heal the man and even help him get her pregnant. the man now becomes more of an advocate them now. vala meets a couple who run a bar. the couple lock her up for three days because they don't trust her . after three days they tell her they our friends of the resistence and they are planning a strike against the huge fleet that is getting ready to leave for the milky way. vala's new friends tell her they have a long range communication device. vala take's daniels body to warn earth. from what I read it sounds like we are finally going to see the ori eye
      2 Things.
      1.Punctuation. I had to go to pegasusgalaxy.com cause I couldn't understand this.
      2.Use the spoiler tags, it's easier!

Comment

To many sproiler tags
        *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
        *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
        *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
        *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
        *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
        *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
        *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Vala's Pregnancy......

One Word in my mind: Midichloridians......

*Shudder*

Comment

Interesting, I was not expecting this.
            Daniel: You..stupid son of a *****
            Jack: Hey, you're welcome...

Comment

Let's see... I looked at GW's spoilers first. What did I think?

I slapped my forehead.

Hard.

Like concussion-inducing hard.

Comment

woohoo space fleet means space battles. now we need a thread on vala's baby will it be like shifu, oma, or anubis?

Comment

damn - I was hoping to see ori ships this season
                  gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                  so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                  love Torri

Comment

Mysterious pregancy? Who do you want to call--Angel Investigations.

Comment

So I knew it that the Part 1 of 2 season finale' would be The Ori Going to attack earth I just knew it.

Comment

Well my first response was "Another invasion fleet heading towards us? Gee, that's original..."

As seems to be the prevailing habit with this season, I await being proved wrong in my initial belief that this is just the 'same old, same old' plot recycled. I could be. Have been before and TPTB have often pleasantly surprised me in the past. But for now, as with all spoilers this year, I'm not exactly excited. Hoping these episodes surpass my expectations of them, is all I can say.

Albion
                        Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

time for the ancient chair to open another can of whoopass

Comment

OK, I'm definitely not one of the Anti-Season 9 folks and I am a huge fan of THAT character. But let me be the first to say it: based on the detailed spoilers on GW front page, this sounds awful. It sounds BAD. And I don't mean bad in a good way. I mean BAD in the way that badness can only be when a Great Evil arises from the depths and invades the minds of TV writers, crushing their sensitive bits in a vice-like ethereal grip and forcing them to commit character destruction. This is NOT what I wanted to see! Let me count the ways of awfulness...

Spoiler:
                            (1) Vala, the great survivor, ends up in the Ori galaxy, but instead of surviving by her wits, ends up being saved by the Love of a Good Man. Step 1 in how to reduce a strong unique character into a helpless female stereotype.

(2) Then, Vala, our free-spirited, independent, love 'em and leave 'em Vala, gets married. Step 2...

And worst of all, she is pregnant. Step 3... It is a Universal Truth of TV drama that pregnancy storylines suck. (Yes, Scapers, even on Farscape). Claudia Black ought to have a clause in her contract saying under no circumstances will her character get pregnant since she and her fans have already Been There, Done That and Bought all the Associated Merchandise on Farscape. Besides which, Stargate has also Been There, Done That with Shau'ri. And no, the fact it is some wierd Sci-fi pregnancy instead of a good old-fashioned one doesn't make it better. It just makes it even more breathtakingly unoriginal and banal and will still result in yet another strong female having to play out all those bizarre male TV-writer notions about pregnancy to the detriment of her own independent character development (because once a character is pregnant, the pregnancy storyline is the only one that matters. Yes Scapers, even on Farscape).
                            (4) Vala's return seems to involve minimal interaction with Daniel, or indeed with anyone in SG-1. So much for for all those potential character dynamics.

I'm going to sit in a corner, put my fingers in my ears and hum loudly to myself. If anyone wants me, I'll be in Denial...

Comment

Could the Ancients have done it to Vala in an effort to send some sort of advanced ancient baby to the Ori Galaxy without interfering diretly themselves?????? I imagin a small toddler walking and talking with lightening sticking the Ori Priors

Comment

Working...
                              X