This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atlantis food

What will the atlantis team eat in the Pegasus Galaxy? Will they bring Earth food with them?

Well, we know from David Hewlett's interview that they're gonna have energy bars. One assumes they'll have rations and such and will supplement it with local food, barter and trade when they can. Save a few planets so they'll throw feasts of honor, that sort of thing.

Comment

They'll probably bring food from Earth with them in the beginning, but eventually, they're gonna run out.

**SPOILERS FOLLOW**
      In "Underground," episode 9, the team attemps to negociate with a race (well, a race of humans) called the Genii for food, as their own supplies are running out, for more info on the episode, click here.
      Rocky

Comment

Can't they alwasy just gate to a world with humans, and see what they eat, and eat the same thing?

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
        [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Luke, use the force!

Comment

Hydroponically grown yeast!

Yum!
            sigpic

Comment

Thats not a bad idea. Seeing as how ATLANTIS is so huge, and on what seems to be a complete waterwold, the ancients, in thier past flesh forms, would have had to have had a food source of some sort. So there could be a bio-sphere on the city aswell.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
              [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

I for one am still holding out hope for the "all citrus, all the time" planet that someone mentioned here on the board.
                "You're creepin' me out, Mc Kay." Carter

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
                  Luke, use the force!
                  Funny you should mention Luke. Rumor has it he's the reason McKay sticks to energy bars.

Comment

hahahahaha

i was just thinking that...what if they come across some freaky fruit no one's ever seen before and it turns out to be some citrus fruit? poor mckay

Daniel: No Jonas, I will NOT play pass the mustard with you.
                    Jonas: What about pass the mayo?
                    Daniel: ...okay, but dont tell Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by shinyredpants
                      hahahahaha

i was just thinking that...what if they come across some freaky fruit no one's ever seen before and it turns out to be some citrus fruit? poor mckay
                      Oh well, it's just McKay
                      Rocky

Comment

McKay's the best thing to happen to Atlantis. Lose him and you risk losing the show along with him.

Incidentally, it looked to me as if McKay was eating something non energy bar-like in one scene in the Lowdown. I wonder if McKay's gonna pick up Jonas's food habit... or if he's gonna start off that way and then eat something that makes him violently sick (either alien citrus or the belated discovery he's eating alien rat) and that's when he decides to stick to energy bars...

Comment

Or maybe they took Luke along as part of the team, but as he's only doing the catering no-one has mentioned him yet?
                          sigpic

Comment

Since I know virtually nothing about gene therapy, only I could ask such a stupid question:

If Mc Kay is taking gene therapy to try and enable him to use the Ancients' technology, is it possible for him to lose his allergy to citrus as well through the therapy?
                            "You're creepin' me out, Mc Kay." Carter

Comment

If you can take gene therapy to use the Ancients stuff (and we're not that advanced in gene therapy yet but this is sci fi) then you can take it to fix anything that is caused by a defect in genetics, providing you know exactly what needs to be changed. So, if his citrus allergy is caused by a defective gene then gene therapy could fix that.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X