PDA

View Full Version : Good Wraith?

gate traveler
July 4th, 2004, 06:31 AM
IS it possible that there could be any wraith who aren't evil. kind of like what the Tokra are to the Gould.

Nolamom
July 4th, 2004, 06:32 AM
It would be a difficult concept, considering they feed off of other beings life energy. It doesn't appear that any of them could go "vegetarian" for example.

ShadowMaat
July 4th, 2004, 06:34 AM
Ya know, I think we should establish the utter evilness of the enemy before we go emasculating it and having some goody-goodys in the mix. ;)

Maybe there'll be a Wraith princess who'll come along and fall madly in love with McKay and be willing to do anything for him except, being Wraith, she has some skewed ideas about what constitutes "good". ;)

Nolamom
July 4th, 2004, 06:40 AM
Ya know, I think we should establish the utter evilness of the enemy before we go emasculating it and having some goody-goodys in the mix. ;)
Which may be why the Tok'ra weren't introduced until the second season? By then we had a good handle on the "utter evilness" of the Goa'uld.

ShadowMaat
July 4th, 2004, 06:44 AM
It would be a difficult concept, considering they feed off of other beings life energy. It doesn't appear that any of them could go "vegetarian" for example.
I can see it now: There's young Princess Bloodfang pining away for McKay, starving herself for love. He, of course, hates her, but even his hatred is like a drug to her (since I doubt the Wraith are big on affection, anyway). She feeds on his every glare, his every scathing comment, her love for him growing stronger even as her body grows weaker... *sniff* It's kind of beautiful, in a sick, twisted, and utterly wrong sort of way...

Lostinmyownvoid
July 4th, 2004, 09:04 AM
Shadowmaat, your first post brought me new respect for you. But that second post removed that respect (well unless it was sarcasm which I belive it is).

ShadowMaat
July 4th, 2004, 09:31 AM
Shadowmaat, your first post brought me new respect for you. But that second post removed that respect (well unless it was sarcasm which I belive it is).
Moi?? Sarcastic?? I do not know ze meaning of zis vord...

Nolamom
July 4th, 2004, 09:32 AM
Shadow is the epitome of sarcasm...the Sarcasm Queen! BTW - I love the idea of the Wraith Princess becoming waif-like through her adoration of Wodney! heheheh :D

ShadowMaat
July 4th, 2004, 09:34 AM
Just goes to show you that even monstrous alien entities aren't immune to Wodney's charms. ;)

aAnubiSs
July 4th, 2004, 11:38 AM
Oooh, just imagine the McKay & Wraith honeymoon!

ShadowMaat
July 4th, 2004, 11:41 AM
Oooh, just imagine the McKay & Wraith honeymoon!
Hard to know which of them would be more drained in the morning. ;)

DownFallAngel
July 4th, 2004, 02:00 PM
I could understand the concept of "Good Wraith". Only if you understand the concept of lifeforce.

Remeber in Earth Final Conflict, like season 5 or the last one. There was that race of peeps who fed off lifeforce energy? Well there was a sect that refused to and they found a way not to feed off lifeforce. So what is stopping the wraith from doing so?

Also, if it is lifeforce, can't they just place their hand on a planet and start sucking away the energy? A planet is a "living" thing. So wouldn't it be the same thing?

Mio
July 4th, 2004, 03:04 PM
The Tok'Wraith? ::ponder:: :)

I'm sure there's a way of synthesizing the energy...it probably just doesn't taste as good...

Like eating a pizza made of cardboard?

DownFallAngel
July 4th, 2004, 03:07 PM
I've tasted that pizza and its damn good! J\K.

But yea, maybe they have a flesh fetish? Or even, may have to use plasma or something within the human body to really get the lifeforce or w\e. I'm just glad that when they absorb people there isn't a blue-ish white light emitinating from theier hands and the people's eyes and **** showing that the lifeforce is being sucked out. That would be to sterotypical.

Ugly Pig
July 4th, 2004, 03:34 PM
I'm just glad that when they absorb people there isn't a blue-ish white light emitinating from theier hands and the people's eyes and **** showing that the lifeforce is being sucked out.
Maybe there is? We'll know in slightly less than two weeks... :D

ShadowMaat
July 4th, 2004, 03:36 PM
I'm just glad that when they absorb people there isn't a blue-ish white light emitinating from theier hands and the people's eyes and **** showing that the lifeforce is being sucked out. That would be to sterotypical.
You sure? 'cause I was thinking maybe the Wraith could force people into ascension and then suck up the energy... ;)

DownFallAngel
July 4th, 2004, 04:23 PM
There is a post from someone on the forums, that tells how they suck out the lifeforce out of Sumner. It didn't say that there was a physical transfer of energy, just that....SPOILERS!!!!!
SKIP
SKIP
SKIP
SKIP
SKIP
SKIP
SKIP
Caused him to age rapidly.

JakeDeuxPointZero
July 4th, 2004, 08:39 PM
Uhh... mid SG-1 s7-two-parter spoilers... sorry forgot the title of that ep.

Hmm... I was thinking... what if we gave them the fountain-of-youth box-thing? Would that keep them away?

SBacklin
July 4th, 2004, 10:29 PM
I could understand the concept of "Good Wraith". Only if you understand the concept of lifeforce.

Remeber in Earth Final Conflict, like season 5 or the last one. There was that race of peeps who fed off lifeforce energy? Well there was a sect that refused to and they found a way not to feed off lifeforce. So what is stopping the wraith from doing so?

Also, if it is lifeforce, can't they just place their hand on a planet and start sucking away the energy? A planet is a "living" thing. So wouldn't it be the same thing?

If I remember EFC correctly. I only remember one single Atavus that wouldn't feed off lifeforce energy it was Howlyn's son. He didn't die either. All the other Atavus did feed off the lifeforce energy.

DownFallAngel
July 5th, 2004, 01:04 PM
Howlyn's wife had a following. And her sect didn't feed off humans, but the deer-like beings that resided on her planet.

Kaloo
July 5th, 2004, 03:05 PM
well they could absorb trees or cows(do aliens have cows)

Edit: I just had a thought. They could have a hand device, that gives them energy

GhostPoet
July 6th, 2004, 10:43 AM
I doubt we'd see any GOOD Wraith. All tho, you never know..maybe there is another species of wraith that doesn't suck life out of people?
The writers are talented...they could do that easily and keep the idea sounding good.

I am VERY excited about the Wraiths after seeing that preview...they are just plain awesome.

Anthro Girl
July 6th, 2004, 10:47 AM
Hard to know which of them would be more drained in the morning. ;)
Ow, ow, owwwwwwww! :p

LavisBlade
July 6th, 2004, 03:18 PM
I'd like to see the Furlings to be found and be the Tok'ras of Atlantis

Torley
July 7th, 2004, 10:28 AM
Rebels amongst the enemy are inevitably expectable in due time... that would be wack if the Furlings were the Wraith or something -- not suggesting anything! But yeah, I don't want any "good Wraith" just yet... maybe a weakness of the Wraith is to throw medical kits at them. Hey, you never know, it might just be like casting "cure" on a zombie in an RPG! ;)

Anubis
July 7th, 2004, 10:29 AM
Good idea. I think the Furlings would be great Tok'ra of Atlantis

aAnubiSs
July 7th, 2004, 11:01 AM
I'd like for the Furlings to have a fleet based on numbers instead of power. Infact I've even designed ships, and written a story + history about them just for fun:>

Mio
July 7th, 2004, 11:03 AM
I'd like for the Furlings to have a fleet based on numbers instead of power. Infact I've even designed ships, and written a story + history about them just for fun:>
hehe, like rabbits....

DownFallAngel
July 7th, 2004, 11:28 AM
Can we check out the sips and story? Furlings=Good Wraith=Good Idea